News:

Official forum emails are from kouduki_sinon@yahoo.com.tw, but please don't send emails there, mostly likely you won't get a reply.

Main Menu

Tea's Discussions

Started by Green_Tea, May 31, 2010, 11:06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geckoey Lurker

I probably wouldn't even be playing any MMOs if it wasn't for friends, I usually can't really handle soloing in any kind of multiplayer game, not for very long at least.
I have yet to hear any good words about RO2.

The original translation of Cross Channel wasn't really good and inaccurate, IIRC. Ixrec himself admitted it and was considering re-translating it, guess someone else beat him to the punch.

Alumine

I don't care for PVP, currently playing RO2 on the SEA server.

does RO2 lift it's ip filtering? i've tried to play it but connecting was hard and i'm lazy to use proxies since i don't have a good internet connection

Kureha

SEA doesn't have IP filtering.
http://ro2.playpark.net/

or you could wait for APR 18th NA server
[url="https://ko-fi.com/chi_chan"]
[/url]

Alumine

that's surprising since they post it on facebook about that before they open the server....maybe i'll wait for the NA server...

Mana

Green_Tea, you are on Lake of Tears? That's a shame. I'm on Mount Tyrannas with my brother and a friend, but I've been offline for the past month due to real life problems.

Oh, and don't be scared by all the Elin Honey talk. Part of it are people joking and the other a bunch of retards taking it seriously.

Green_Tea

Ah yeah I've been doing a lot of school work so I've been stuck at 54. I might take some time on the holidays to reach 60, farm some gear, and pawn the account off for some real money. All my friends quit already.

Geckoey Lurker

That's a pretty smart idea. I feel like I should do the same for some of my old accounts in other MMOs. Hmm.
I'm curious, what's the pay-rate for that kinda thing, if any?

Kureha

I'ld say it really depends on the game. I never sell my accounts though.

Any decent nukige I should be curious about? I've not played any in like over 2 years.
I also really need to find some form of income online to help cover the costs of running this place.
[url="https://ko-fi.com/chi_chan"]
[/url]

Mana

Ah yeah I've been doing a lot of school work so I've been stuck at 54. I might take some time on the holidays to reach 60, farm some gear, and pawn the account off for some real money.

That reminds me of L2 private servers where people bought maxed out characters with fully enchanted weapons for some 500€, who still had their asses kicked by underleveled characters and lost everything when the FBI raided the place.

I know that the grinding isn't enjoyable, but people shouldn't be that lazy.

Green_Tea

Yeah. My friend had full Conjunct gear I think and spent some real money on it. Made ~2.5x the amount he spent on the game, but we sank many hours into it. I think it was around $160 USD. He probably spent over 120 hours on it so the pay rate/hour isn't as good as a real job, but it's not like we play for the money I guess.

In regards to nukige, I am kind of playing through Slave Witch April, but it's not really all that nice. Otherwise the last vanilla one I remember was We Love Master! I'm spending a lot more time on ex-hentai instead. I can't really think of any non-time consuming ways to provide an income online. Aside from ads

Green_Tea

Hm what about an account on one of those ddl sites that earn you money? Have all the games uploaded on there as well as other ddl link or whatever. Personally, out of 10 parts to a rar, I wouldn't mind downloading a few parts for the maintenance of the site. But then either you spend time doing it yourself or you have someone manage it for you. And even then I don't really know how those things work in terms of conversion to real money.

Geckoey Lurker

I don't know of any sites that does this, although I think I downloaded off a few without knowing at the time, they were generally pretty damn slow and I hate surveys.

Might as well mention Adfly, Adfly's average money to 1000 clicks ratio average to around 0.30~4$, which isn't all that bad, but we have various uploaders, what we upload isn't really legal, and I'm not really sure how much people leech off us.

Rewrite alone got 2.2K downloads on its first part, last one has 1068. But I link to the folder and not to each part separately.
Then there is a few other VNs I uploaded that barely have over an hundred. I'm not even sure if anyone is linking to my uploads without my knowledge.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind implementing Adfly or anything similar to it to my uploads if it helps, but that would be offered instead of being forced.

CFreak

Then there is a few other VNs I uploaded that barely have over an hundred. I'm not even sure if anyone is linking to my uploads without my knowledge.

They probably do. I found a link to the mediafire folder with Majikoi S that I uploaded on youtube, after someone posted it in the comments section of a Majikoi S clip and the guy uploading the clip added it do the description afterwards.

How much does the hosting and bandwidth for running a site like this cost anyway? I'm totally clueless about these thing.

Geckoey Lurker

I don't really mind if they do, in most cases they probably don't even know who uploaded it anyway.

The server is ran from home, unless that has changed, so I would think it'd cost less than having a dedicated server maintained by professionals?
Well, honestly, I'm just as clueless as you are when it comes to any of this.

Green_Tea

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame. Guess we wait for Kure-chan to comment back. I was thinking of something like depositfiles or something. I'm pretty sure LWB had something set up along those lines. One link to deposit files and one link to easier sites without the wait. But well, not everyone DDL's. And it's linked to your account so anyone who links it is just generating more downloads and monies.