News:

Remember folks Kureha One hops IPs every 72hrs so try clearing your DNS if you can't find the page.

Main Menu

NNL is dead?

Started by SaMo, August 09, 2010, 09:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaMo

2010.08.08. We apologize once again for the extended delay. We are still in the middle of negotiations.

However, we can tell you these:

- Swells is canceled. We can't reveal what it really was, but it wasn't a minori title.
- All fansubbed work, including ef and Wind -a breath of heart- , has been discontinued.
- The old web site in its no-frills "blog" format will no longer exist.

Thank you for your understanding. We appreciate your patience.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!
:'(
R.I.P. NNL....... Troll's but bad asses.

Green_Tea

Can't bring myself to care.

:0 is that a bad sign?

laplacian

Can't bring myself to care.

:0 is that a bad sign?

If you aint into Minori stuff or shiney and pretty stuff it's okay. Dun worry!

inferno_flamex

Seriously...

Are they REALLY dead.. Or is this just another one of their.. "We rise again" kinda stunt...

Mana

Where is the typical Dragon Ball'esque "Don't lose the next chapter, because we won't miss it!" message?

Sazabi

cant say that ive actually played any of the games the translated

SaMo

cant say that ive actually played any of the games the translated

Try playing Wind and ef.
Great games.

Sazabi

wind, im a little interested in, will get round to it someday but ef, no thanks the anime just totally put me off

SaMo

wind, im a little interested in, will get round to it someday but ef, no thanks the anime just totally put me off

I downloaded the ef anime.... but i heard that NNL gonna be translating ef i delete the anime from my hd.
But... who knows, maybe the visual had something that the anime don't have (multiple routes, various endings).
I watch the Fate/Stay Night anime firts, i totally love it, so using my internet skills searched for more info (thanks google!!) and get to know that the anime was based on a VN... F/SN was my first vn and was awesome!!! since that time I'm a VN addict. (F/SN ruined my life  :'( )

laplacian

http://novelnews.net/2010/09/26/a-fairy-tale-of-the-three/ update about nnl and minori and that whole stuff.

-Seems Ef will be officially released by Mangagamer now, split up in two parts.
-I didn't see any information about the game being released as digital copy or boxed.
-The newly released version of Ef will be more professional ( no fake bad end, some honorifics changes, some translation edits ...)
-NNL swallowed up by Minori.
-Eden will be released some time later, no date specified.

Meh, I personally think re-releasing Ef is a baaaad step. I can't remember the number, but the ammount of downloads the patch had seen was amazing ( something like 100k+ afair ). As long as Mangagamer wont come out with a nice boxed copy of the game, I can't see all those ppl being interested in buying and downloading another digital copy of the game.

On the other hand, even if Minori are dumb, I hope NNL at least are not, so maybe there's some long term strategy behind it, who knows.

Mana

No more drama for us to enjoy?

Some 40€ for each half of a game that was released not even half a year ago as a fan translation and downloaded by more than 100.000 people only through NNL? I wish them good luck selling ef even in if it's in boxed copies!

I don't know whose decision that was, but if they don't charge less than usual to someone who buys both parts, things won't look pretty.

sazabi

so NNL is now a subsidiary of minori...

Green_Tea

Yossarian762

Well if they're just going to use the already completed translation, with just some edits, I'm guessing the idea is even if it sells very few copies it'll still be worth it since with most of the work done they'll have to sell fewer copies to recoup any costs and turn a profit.

sazabi

just wondering but , it means NNL are now getting paid?