News:

Remember folks Kureha One hops IPs every 72hrs so try clearing your DNS if you can't find the page.

Main Menu

[H-VN] Canvas 2 ~Akane Iro no Palette~

Started by Mana, October 11, 2010, 01:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rain

Thank you very much 4 the reply i finally got it the patch works too  ;D

Devmastuh

If anybody could help me with my problem I'd be eternally grateful --

When I mounted C2_DVD.iso onto DAEMON Tools it properly displayed the launcher, but when I click the "install" button the pointer acts like it's going to load something but nothing happens.  No install wizard pops up, nothing.  I'm running Vista x64 (I know) and I'm currently regretting it, since a lot of VN's can't be run on this system...It's like using a Mac.  Or a Linux.  Or a calculator.  Anywho, any help would be appreciated even if everybody's forgotten about this game by now.

EDIT:  Yes, I'm running Japanese Locale.

invictus

Vista 64?  really?  Well, the good news is that it should work, perhaps you mounted the wrong thing or perhaps the patch  has an autoinstaller or something but it should work.  The bad news is that I have no idea how to get it working since it worked for me and I don't have a habit of uninstalling games.

Devmastuh

Hrm.  Well, the installer runs now thank God.  I had to delete the registry keys on my comp from an earlier install attempt.  Then I ran the cd2inst.exe instead of the launcher and it ran just fine.  Thanks for the quick reply invictus, I never would have noticed the direct install app otherwise.

Aliceprincess19

Hello everyone. I cant play this game. The game start but when i play for litte bit i get a error 3FFF or something and resten are in japansk, So how can i fix this? Please hjelp me whit this one, I really whant to play this game.

Geckoey Lurker

I've never seen this error before, actually the game ran perfectly fine here.. I'm guessing you made sure your locale was in Japanese.

Hmm, can you take a screenshot of the error? Might be able to decipher the text off it.

Aliceprincess19

Yes but how can i take a a screenshot of the error?

Geckoey Lurker

Simply press the "Prnt Screen" next to the F12 key on your keyboard. Then open Paint and press CTRL+V in it, then save the image in PNG format. (Make sure not to save it in .bmp at least)

Blanchimont

Yes but how can i take a a screenshot of the error?
Alt+Ctrl+PrintScreen will capture an active window, in this case the error box. Ctrl+PrintScreen will capture entire desktop. Afterwards just paste it to whatever imageviewer you use and save it.

However with Canvas 2 active neither of those will work, and that might apply to the error screen too. But if you're on Win7 you can use the Snipping Tool included in the OS, which does the same thing basically, just with more options. And works even if printscreen is disabled...

Geckoey Lurker

I only need to click the PrintScreen by itself to screenshot everything on screen here, I've yet to see it not working.. I'm beginning to wonder why everything work here.  ???

Aliceprincess19

Here is it, Sorry whis it whas bad but it whas my first time to using Snipping Tools.

Geckoey Lurker

I found this with a quick search :
Well, it didn't crash for me. What comes after that line is a scene with snow falling. Snow effect is provided by a file called snow.fil that resides in DAT folder, which might be the cause of the crash. I included the file I have in case yours is somehow corrupted.

I saved the game to slot 7 after that line, but there's still snow effect on that one. If you get an error after loading it, try slot 8, where that filter is no longer in effect (I can't guarantee that effect won't be used later in game though). You can read the lines in between slots 7 and 8 from here:

[spoiler]Geeze, I completely forgot about Takeuchi. What am I doing!?
Damn it... The snow is already piling up. It's getting hard to run.
[Slip]
Whoa!
[Thud]
Ow... Just my luck.
Slipping on just this amount of snow... Am I getting rusty?
I have to hurry on there. What the heck is wrong with me?
Haah... I bet Takeuchi is mad.

I've lost track of how many times I've looked at the clock.
I stare intently as the minute hand closes in on the hour hand.
It reflects in my eyes, like as if it'll wreck the fun times I had today.
I'm sure even that will disappear once the two pointers overlap each other.
Along with my feelings.
Ah...
Tears flow out when I thought about how depressing that is.
And then I realized.
I... I'm in love with sensei...

What time is it now!?
It's her birthday. There's no meaning if I don't get to her today!
I'm already running with everything I have.
I fly ahead, not paying attention to whether I slip and fall.
I run, bearing all my muscles to progress forward.
My wrist watch tells me that I have 3 minutes until the time limit.[/spoiler]

You can download the saves from here: http://www.mediafire.com/?ige3fblp233jbnc

Try it, otherwise I can also try to provide you with my own snow.fil file, might work. I hope that helped. ^^
Actually, after reading some more, it didn't seem to have worked for the concerned person.

But if I understand right, the bug is about a snow filter, thus there probably was an installation error somewhere.
Did you install Canvas2 in Japanese Locale? (I don't remember if it's only possible like that)

Aliceprincess19

Yes i have my computer runing under Japansk and do you think i can try the snow.file? and see om that work?

Geckoey Lurker

Go ahead, it's worth giving it a shot.

Trying to think up other ways incase. Hmm.

I got an idea.

Here is the snow.fil from my files.

And..

Here is the game executable from my game.

Try one after another, I really can't guarantee anything though.

Er, incase you need the crack system if you don't use a burned DVD or something.