News:

Official forum emails are from kouduki_sinon@yahoo.com.tw, but please don't send emails there, mostly likely you won't get a reply.

Main Menu

[VN] Steins;Gate

Started by Ivan, September 16, 2011, 04:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyMc.Fly

I have the files of the phone, I mean when was the first scene you saw in order to test
Thanks again

Akai Shuichi

A friend of mine's been having problems running the game, and I honestly don't know why (it runs perfectly for me).

He does have japanese locale, he installed the game outside Program Files and ran the Autopatch.bat with Full Installation.

So far, so good, but when he tries to run the game (through STEINGSGATE-patched.exe) the game just doesn't react. Like he never tried running it. Does not give an error and doesn't run... simply put: nothing happens.

He tried reinstalling, and even restarting the computer, but nothing. He does have some other VNs installed and they run smoothly.

Oh, and he's got Win7.

Hope somebody can help.

Ok, forget this because somehow (he doesn't now how) he got the game running without problems.

The problem is now mine xD

He made me discover I have one little problem. My tips and achievements titles are not translated (for example, "future gadget no.5" is not translated, but the description is).

I am using the last patch that was released here. Other than that, the game is running without problems.

Help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Geckoey Lurker

It's possible that some titles were left untranslated, due to my laziness.

But if ALL of the titles are untranslated then, it's because you ran the game at least once before applying a full english patch of the game.. to fix this, you're gonna have to literally whipe your saves completely. I'm not kidding either, the engine handle the configs and saves stupidly.

Akai Shuichi

It's possible that some titles were left untranslated, due to my laziness.

But if ALL of the titles are untranslated then, it's because you ran the game at least once before applying a full english patch of the game.. to fix this, you're gonna have to literally whipe your saves completely. I'm not kidding either, the engine handle the configs and saves stupidly.

Well... I'm just on chapter 2... so I better do it now xD

Though... where are the saves located? At least I don't find them in the Steins;Gate folder nor in Documents.

Geckoey Lurker

They're located in %AppData%/Nitroplus/STEINS;GATE (Just enter that in the address bar of a folder)

And you delete the 1.200 folder (or the whole STEINS;GATE folder).

Akai Shuichi

They're located in %AppData%/Nitroplus/STEINS;GATE (Just enter that in the address bar of a folder)

And you delete the 1.200 folder (or the whole STEINS;GATE folder).

Ok, done, and its working just fine now. Thanks for the help!

Halkeginia

Geckoey Lurker

Bandwidth nearing limit, I can't. Either someone else do it or you guys wait until the 7th.

Meanwhile I suggest using the torrent, it have a few seeders and should be fairly fast.

ktimekiller

Hello, I am attempting to use the latest 1.37 translated auto installer with no success.

I have followed the instructions to the letter by using the patch on a fresh install, while on the Japanese locale on my OS. I have also attempted having the install outside of the program files folder.

While I do not have any issues starting the game itself, when I attempt to launch a new game, I am given a black screen and immediately returned to the main menu. It seems that the new game starts, but I am immediately booted to the main menu. If I am to spam right click, I can temporarily prevent the boot from happening until I resume the game.

I am running on windows 7 64 bit.

Please assist.

EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED, IGNORE

Geckoey Lurker

Mind telling us what your problem was anyhow?.. though it just sounds like you were simply not running the game under japanese locale or applocale.

MartyMc.Fly

But how i change the font? I have found on the file system.npa,but after change the font,on the game not happening nothing.

Geckoey Lurker

My knowledge is too minimal to help for that right now and hacking is only my second focus, people seems to keep forgetting I'm a complete beginner at this at the moment.

All I got are the following :

* Some minimal info about Steins;Gate

- The movies in dx are simple .mpg files, simply rename their extensions back to .mpg and back to .ngs. About this, I don't know anything at all about videos, encoding, decoding, fansubbing, etc. I do intend on learning about 'em, but right now.. I'm just another clueless man on that side, heck, I wouldn't even be aware of that if not for someone on K1.

- You can use the Nipa2 Tools by Nagato to extract and compile the scripts files. Tools to be found here.

- You can use the Phone Tool (included in above link) to inject translated scripts into the .exe (it contains the scripts for BBS posts and Phone Chats)

- The game doesn't support UTF-8 (it's in ANSI Shift-JIS, I believe) and thus if you want to translate the game into a language with any "special" characters or accents (âàäéêèë, etc), you'll need to find a way to inject said accents into the game or make it UTF-8+ Supportive somehow. I have barely any ideas about this, but I know there seems to be an alphabet in a few of the files of the executable. Anyway, I don't know the how-to to do so myself, otherwise I would've said so.

- I still didn't figure out how the game make its way through the images pack to the right image. I didn't really check much into it, but it is somewhat needed to find a way to due to some phone dialogues being one line too lenghty and thus.. the text go past the text bubble.

- The game have this strange conduct towards spaces, it interprets them as linebreaking instead of actual spaces. It only does so on spaces that are in the .scr decompiled scripts of the nss.npa

- The movies library titles are no where to be found in the scripts (the one appearing in the actual list), okay, to be honest, I haven't looked much on that side so I'm not saying anything else.

In short, you're gonna need to get your hands on a hacker who hopefully can help for that.

MartyMc.Fly

Thank for help, but tell me, you are one who has worked in the translation team?

Geckoey Lurker

I am not, I only worked on the Automation Patch and a few extra things got thrown into it like fixes, translations, etc.

MartyMc.Fly

I am not, I only worked on the Automation Patch and a few extra things got thrown into it like fixes, translations, etc.
how come you have not translated the tips?