News:

Although Kureha One is an international community, posts should be made in English. JP/CN/KR is only tolerated for topics where the original media was in JP/CN/KR.
Posting in other languages will result in account termination with extreme prejudice without notice.

Main Menu

White Album 2 VNs 1/2/3?

Started by tuxsux, July 02, 2015, 06:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tuxsux

Do these have a translation anywhere? Im dying to play them but I cant seem to find anything.  :'(

Geckoey Lurker

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=White_Album_2
It's being worked on. There are incomplete daily patches, but you need the complete set version for them, I think.

SaintLelouch

for the 'introductory chapter' rough patch is finished~
as for the 'closing chapter' 1 2 3 years (?) I hope you don't really die waiting of it :P
well learning the languange will be faster and better. Just need to try hard~

Stormulven

for the 'introductory chapter' rough patch is finished~
as for the 'closing chapter' 1 2 3 years (?) I hope you don't really die waiting of it :P
well learning the languange will be faster and better. Just need to try hard~

I'm honestly amazed by people who mange to learn that insane language. 3 written languages, and one with over 2000 signs that are used normally with probably a lot of signs that look pretty similar. I don't think i could ever handle it. I think i could manage spoken though, but spoken Japanese is worthless with VN's.

CFreak

It's kind of easy to say this in hindsight, but it's not terribly difficult once you get going, even if it feels kind of crazy to start with. You just kind of need to accept that it will take a long time and stick with it. It took me the better part of two years to learn the first 2000 kanji in my spare time, and that's just for recognising them. Now I can read a VN and get most of what's going on, even if a lot of words are completely unfamiliar. The most common words will repeat so often that you pick them up pretty fast, and if you know how they are spoken already they're even easier to remember.

Two years seem like a long time when you look ahead, but when you look back it doesn't and it sucks to look back on the two short years that have passed and think "if I had started back then, I'd be done by now". Which is what I did for 5 or so years before deciding that I had to start somewhere, and even if it takes me 20 years to achieve a tiny semblance of fluency I can get a lot of use out of the language long before I get to that level, especially since I love VNs and Japanese games in general.

Stormulven

It's kind of easy to say this in hindsight, but it's not terribly difficult once you get going, even if it feels kind of crazy to start with. You just kind of need to accept that it will take a long time and stick with it. It took me the better part of two years to learn the first 2000 kanji in my spare time, and that's just for recognising them. Now I can read a VN and get most of what's going on, even if a lot of words are completely unfamiliar. The most common words will repeat so often that you pick them up pretty fast, and if you know how they are spoken already they're even easier to remember.

Two years seem like a long time when you look ahead, but when you look back it doesn't and it sucks to look back on the two short years that have passed and think "if I had started back then, I'd be done by now". Which is what I did for 5 or so years before deciding that I had to start somewhere, and even if it takes me 20 years to achieve a tiny semblance of fluency I can get a lot of use out of the language long before I get to that level, especially since I love VNs and Japanese games in general.

I guess we're heading a bit off topic, but since you replied. Did you follow any easy methods of learning? I've been thinking a long time about learning it, but as many say, these 2000 kanji most certainly are scary :P

CFreak

I basically followed the guide here, although I more or less stopped using Anki near the end because I was burned out when I had finally finished the whole "Remember the Kanji". Which was a little bit dumb because those last few hundred kanji aren't nearly as well remembered as the ones that came before them, but I felt it was more important to prevent total burnout.

As for the Remember the Kanji part, I bough some decent pens and a nice notebook and wrote all the kanji in the guide by hand, usually 14 kanji per page along with their readings in Hiragana, just so I wouldn't get rusty on my Hiragana in the ~2 years I expected it would take me to finish the Kanji. I didn't bother memorizing the readings though since that would take a lot of extra time and I'd have to learn the words they are used in separately later on anyway. Apart from a permanent callus on my middle finger where I held the pen I got out of it with no lasting injuries.

Part of the reason it took me so long was that I would look up a lot of the kanji in an online dictionary to see some of the words they were used in. If it was a word I already knew verbally from VNs or anime, remembering it became a lot easier. It also helped with some of the kanji that have very abstract meanings that are hard to create an image from. This isn't listed in the guide, but I found it helpful. It takes a lot of extra time though.

Other than that... I think the main part is trying a couple of different things and see what works for you, because everyone is different.

Oh, and if you get weird headaches or brain throbbing when starting out, that's perfectly normal. Either that or I had a minor stroke the first night I started the Kanji practice.

*Edit*

I should mention that Kanji aren't as crazy as they seem at first, which you will see if you follow the Remember the Kanji guide. The simplest Kanji are literally a single line, the Kanji for mouth is just a regular square, etc. Most of the radicals, or "building blocks", in any given kanji are used in so many others (often hundreds) that you have a much easier time remembering new kanji later on than you do at first when all the elements are completely new to you. Remember the Kanji starts you off on the easy ones and teaches you how to create a mental picture from the radicals in a kanji to match its meaning, while gradually advancing to the harder ones.

I really recommend giving it a try. The worst that can happen is that you lose a couple of hours or days before deciding it doesn't work for you.

Stormulven

I basically followed the guide here, although I more or less stopped using Anki near the end because I was burned out when I had finally finished the whole "Remember the Kanji". Which was a little bit dumb because those last few hundred kanji aren't nearly as well remembered as the ones that came before them, but I felt it was more important to prevent total burnout.

As for the Remember the Kanji part, I bough some decent pens and a nice notebook and wrote all the kanji in the guide by hand, usually 14 kanji per page along with their readings in Hiragana, just so I wouldn't get rusty on my Hiragana in the ~2 years I expected it would take me to finish the Kanji. I didn't bother memorizing the readings though since that would take a lot of extra time and I'd have to learn the words they are used in separately later on anyway. Apart from a permanent callus on my middle finger where I held the pen I got out of it with no lasting injuries.

Part of the reason it took me so long was that I would look up a lot of the kanji in an online dictionary to see some of the words they were used in. If it was a word I already knew verbally from VNs or anime, remembering it became a lot easier. It also helped with some of the kanji that have very abstract meanings that are hard to create an image from. This isn't listed in the guide, but I found it helpful. It takes a lot of extra time though.

Other than that... I think the main part is trying a couple of different things and see what works for you, because everyone is different.

Oh, and if you get weird headaches or brain throbbing when starting out, that's perfectly normal. Either that or I had a minor stroke the first night I started the Kanji practice.

*Edit*

I should mention that Kanji aren't as crazy as they seem at first, which you will see if you follow the Remember the Kanji guide. The simplest Kanji are literally a single line, the Kanji for mouth is just a regular square, etc. Most of the radicals, or "building blocks", in any given kanji are used in so many others (often hundreds) that you have a much easier time remembering new kanji later on than you do at first when all the elements are completely new to you. Remember the Kanji starts you off on the easy ones and teaches you how to create a mental picture from the radicals in a kanji to match its meaning, while gradually advancing to the harder ones.

I really recommend giving it a try. The worst that can happen is that you lose a couple of hours or days before deciding it doesn't work for you.

Thank you! I will check out the remember the kanji and see if it works out! Hope i have a hidden talent for learning japanese hiding somewhere deep within...