News:

Official forum emails are from kouduki_sinon@yahoo.com.tw, but please don't send emails there, mostly likely you won't get a reply.

Main Menu

Final Fantasy 13 news

Started by Kureha, September 12, 2009, 01:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kureha

[url="https://ko-fi.com/chi_chan"]
[/url]

inferno_flamex

So like... Have anyone played this already? (OBVIOUSLY those who understand written Japanese, as only the Japanese version is out now)...

So like.. How's the game?
I've only played through the demo that comes with FF7 Advent Children Complete.
Looks (graphics-wise) like a sweet game.. but gameplay i find it just alittle okay.

The english dub sounds quite competent actually.

But im still unsure of which one to get...

Final Fantasy 13 or White Knight Chronicles.

Serafis

Dunno. According to Sankaku, it's REALLY linear and rather underwhelming for a FF title. White Knight Chronicles doesn't seem to be getting that kind of backlash when it came out.

inferno_flamex

Seriously.. FF sometimes.. fail to live up to the standards that people expect from them.. I mean.. Its FINAL FANTASY. You attach a big name, you gotta deal with big pressure.

But then again.. The wiser ones knows of the FF of today is different than the FF of before... I think there might be afew people out there that would agree that.. Perhaps the last 'true' FF game would be X. (Honestly i believe that the last one is 9, and that surprisingly Dissidia was awesome for a 'side-story'... But im giving X a big chance...)

Serafis

X IIRC was also REALLY linear, like XIII. I think XII was pretty good, but it was a significant departure from the original FF formula that people just didn't like it.

Mana

X IIRC was also REALLY linear, like XIII. I think XII was pretty good, but it was a significant departure from the original FF formula that people just didn't like it.

The problem with X isn't the formula, it's the characters. Only Auron does his role right. Oh, and Kimahri, since he stays quiet for 99% of the game. The other characters just compete to see who you can hate the most, but Tidus takes the title quite easily.

Now, if you talk about bad formulas, I will have to pick VIII and it's Infinite Draw Works. Spending almost an hour in battle to get 100 magics of the same type for each character... I don't even want to remember.

@inferno_flamex: You should read RPGFan's review. They agree with Sankaku in the fact that it's linear, but everything else seems to be awesome and, the characters are good. If the rest is as they say, I could care less if it's linear, since it's not like the other Final Fantasy games weren't. http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/Final_Fantasy_XIII/index.html

blakraven66

You should also read this opinion on it's linearity.

Love this quote:
I'm sure anyone who's bothered to look up some initial reactions to this game will know that (vocal) Japanese gamers have criticized it for being too linear and not playing like an RPG. Somehow, promoting that thought quickly became the "cool thing" to do by people who haven't even played the game themselves.

While sankaku is informative, you really shouldn't take it too seriously since they tend to word articles in a way that incite the masses just for the lulz.