News:

Official forum emails are from kouduki_sinon@yahoo.com.tw, but please don't send emails there, mostly likely you won't get a reply.

Main Menu

Visual Novel translation status (updated on October 20th 2013)

Started by Mana, November 09, 2010, 10:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoutoutekiSonzai

I couldn't give you an exact number, but I heard it was around the 35% mark.  I'm not that worried though.  It probably be pretty readable when the project is finished.  It couldn't possibly be worse or even equivalent as Flyable Heart in terms of terrible translation.
"What!? You found a girl that cute in a cemetary? You must be one hell of a necromancer!"
-- Raven

Fiske

Yeah, ive heard so many bad things about flyable heart that i havent attempted to read it yet

KoutoutekiSonzai

Which is too bad, because Flyable Heart is really worth the read otherwise.
"What!? You found a girl that cute in a cemetary? You must be one hell of a necromancer!"
-- Raven

Geckoey Lurker

Someone should go through editing Flyable Heart, it's definitely worth it. I forced myself to read through it and making sense of the butchered sentences, with just that much I loved it but it would be a lots more better with it being naturally readable. To be honest, at some points I had to open the game in japanese to make sense of what was being said and make sure it was actually correct.. reading it in Japanese might've been a better idea than using the machine translation, I think I should reread it in jp just incase.

Anyway, it deserve to be edited throughout. Heck, retranslating+editing it fully even, certainly will take longer but less chances to butcher the original meanings. If I had a better english I would consider going through the scripts just to make it more readable at least, would only be at an amateur level but it would be better than the machine translation IMHO. Not confident I could find the patience to do it though, just reading through it left somewhat of a scar on my ability to read and made it so I won't read machine translations ever again.

Fiske

I really wanted to read Flyable heart, but some of the screenshots posted around here made me back off. Perhaps ill give it a shot sometime in the future, but after what Geckoey just wrote, it probably wont happen :) My jap skills are not good enough to cross check sentences in japanese

KoutoutekiSonzai

-- Raven

KoutoutekiSonzai

http://boards.4chan.org/jp/res/9109087

Look's like we finally hit the summer slowdown period.  Still, some good Fortune Arterial progress.
-- Raven

Geckoey Lurker

Grisaia's Demo seems to have been translated and is under testing right now, oh and the Common Route is done. Say so on the blog anyway.

mahou

'Tomoyo After - Patch scheduled for July 20th'

This a machine translation?

Geckoey Lurker

I don't think so. As far as I know the project have already been going for a few years now, Started on Baka-Tsuki in 2008 or so, a few years later a partial patch was out then it died for a while and then Doki Fansubs picked it up around April last year and here they are.

Mana

Why would anyone want to play that? It's cancerous.

Geckoey Lurker

Its cancerous alright, in a good way.. or bad depending on how you see it.

mahou

Mana

Just pretend that you didn't notice it.

EDIT: And there goes Baldr Sky.

KoutoutekiSonzai

-- Raven