Author Topic: APR 14th 2015 Forum News  (Read 3064 times)

Offline Kureha

• The Meido
  • Admin (網站管理員)
  • VN-Rookie
  • Karma 2
    • Kureha One
APR 14th 2015 Forum News
« on: April 14, 2015, 11:17:15 am »
Sorry for the recent SQL crashes, Kureha has put in some effort to try to fix the problem, hence the prolonged downtime.
Kureha has no actual idea what is wrong though. Kureha One is held together by duck tape and dreams.

Anyways, hopefully things will be fixed now, only time will tell.
On the other hand, Kureha "hopes" to scrape together enough pennies to get a bottom of the barrel 60GB SSD to migrate Kureha One to.

Have fun!

PS: Taking ideas for new sections or new boards, post below and Kureha'll try to get back to you within a reasonable amount of time.

PS2: If anyone wants to design any new banners, post below and Kureha'll see to have them put into rotation above, they can either say Kureha One, or VN-Meido, with a catchy phrase by you.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 11:21:03 am by Kureha »

Offline CFreak

• D-D-Donator!
  • Karma 0
Re: APR 14th 2015 Forum News
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 12:42:36 am »
As funny as it would be to Flattr you every month, don't you have paypal or something? I wouldn't mind donating something to get this place a bit more stable, but Flattr is not the most convenient way to go about that.

Offline Kureha

• The Meido
  • Admin (網站管理員)
  • VN-Rookie
  • Karma 2
    • Kureha One
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 12:54:16 am »
I haven't used Flattr at all and I'm not sure if I remember the password, I have paypal, but it doesn't let me take donations.

Offline CFreak

• D-D-Donator!
  • Karma 0
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 01:13:13 am »
Well, you can't have a paypal donation button or anything but you should be able to receive money, it just has to be sent as either a payment for a product or a straight money transfer.

Offline Geckoey Lurker

• C-c-contributor!
  • Karma 0
  • Nope, not a clue what any of this means.
    • Gecko's VNDB
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 01:21:42 am »
Yeah, I figured a straight transfer would be fine. I actually can afford giving away 5$ or so monthly now, granted it's not much, but it'd be nice to have a way to 'donate' so to speak.

Offline Kureha

• The Meido
  • Admin (網站管理員)
  • VN-Rookie
  • Karma 2
    • Kureha One
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 01:26:12 am »
Well, it's the same email as the one you get the forum emails from.
There is also a matter of currency too, as paypal likes to fuck people over when converting currencies.

Offline CFreak

• D-D-Donator!
  • Karma 0
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 01:27:39 am »
You just have to avoid getting several tens of thousands or they'll suspend the account due to "suspicious activity". Actually when it comes to Paypal in general it's best to always withdraw any funds straight away and keep the account empty because they are notorious for suspending accounts for little reason until you basically threaten to sue them unless they give you your funds.

Offline Geckoey Lurker

• C-c-contributor!
  • Karma 0
    • Gecko's VNDB
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 01:30:52 am »
Currency isn't a problem really, so long as people know how to google conversions. Plus paypal actually doesn't charge for conversions anymore, or at least it hasn't done so to me in the past year.

EDIT: I don't have a single e-mail from here saved, heh... Can you type it out or PM it?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 01:46:35 am by Geckoey Lurker »

Offline Kureha

• The Meido
  • Admin (網站管理員)
  • VN-Rookie
  • Karma 2
    • Kureha One
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 01:52:31 am »
It's a 4% currency conversion fee and then a 2.5% withdraw fee to my local currency.
Putting an actual button on this forum is a for sure way to get get this place closed down or get my paypal suspended, but yeah I have a paypal, and I've already mentioned what it is.

I'm not trying to make money from this forum, it's just a hobby, I don't like ads and honestly there wouldn't be any places that would put ads here given the nature of this community.

I have edited a few links here and there with ad.fly links which generates very little, but I don't actively go editing every link with them as that would be too invasive. It generates enough to keep the domain name and whois guard services paid for while I try to take care of the other things.

Speaking of Emails, so many people sign up with fake emails that I'm getting flooded with un-deliverable email notices.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 01:56:27 am by Kureha »

Offline Geckoey Lurker

• C-c-contributor!
  • Karma 0
    • Gecko's VNDB
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 02:04:59 am »
Well, that's odd. I've had my money converted to Yen, Pounds, American, Brazillian, and Russian without a fee. Was that actually all handled by the other party and paid for by them, then? Welp, shit.
And I haven't gotten an e-mail from here in a long time, and I never saved a single one. Here, I'll just subscribe to this thread.

Heh, yeah, at least have the courtesy of using a temporary e-mail service like throwawaymail.

Offline Kureha

• The Meido
  • Admin (網站管理員)
  • VN-Rookie
  • Karma 2
    • Kureha One
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 03:02:51 am »
Thanks to who ever sent a donation, but I'm afraid I'll have to refund it, Paypal won't let me convert to local currency "New Taiwan Dollar (TWD)" from USD and I don't know of any places that ships hardware internationally and accepts paypal lol.

I pay for the domain, and whois services with USD, but the amount that was donated was much more than the domain costs which I have paid for till 2017. So I'm refunding it.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 03:14:58 am by Kureha »

Offline Geckoey Lurker

• C-c-contributor!
  • Karma 0
    • Gecko's VNDB
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2015, 03:33:44 am »
That's odd, I can convert from USD to TWD with no problems here. Does it vary per user's place of residence? http://i.imgur.com/FwwdFJj.png