News:

Remember folks Kureha One hops IPs every 72hrs so try clearing your DNS if you can't find the page.

Main Menu

[Tony Taka][Game] Shining Girls (Shining Wind)

Started by Green_Tea, July 09, 2010, 12:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green_Tea

Some pictures I found somewhere. Never got into it, but they seemed popular, and on my own forum we were going to do a whole bunch of art compilation uploads but stopped after this. I think it was too much effort. Did I mention they were Hi-res? I just checked. Jesus. Here's a sample of Kureha herself.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z0V4YJ4T

142mb

Kureha

Tony Taka is an artist loved by many, myself included.
[url="https://ko-fi.com/chi_chan"]
[/url]

Green_Tea

inferno_flamex

Yes... I too love the girls of Tony Taka...

I've seen this game.... and of course.. The girls...

Still untranslated tho.. Right?

Kureha

Shining series is PS2 rpgs, you aren't going to see them translated ever, since it's mostly sprites and not really a VN, graphix are dated, the console is dated, the hacking process is too time consuming.

There was a time where this forum almost became Xecty One instead of Kureha One.
[/url]

inferno_flamex

Shining series is PS2 rpgs, you aren't going to see them translated ever, since it's mostly sprites and not really a VN, graphix are dated, the console is dated, the hacking process is too time consuming.

There was a time where this forum almost became Xecty One instead of Kureha One.

... Well... I know for a fact that the Final Fantasy 10 for the PS2 was hacked... A Japanese voice but English text.. That.. and as well as Ar Tonelico 2...

So i guess i was hoping for some miracle to happen i guess.. >_>

It did gain a certain amount of recognition even from English gamers... Well.. Maybe its just Tony's girls that are receiving the attention...

but you seem like you have played the game Kureha... or at least know quite abit of it... Is it playable despite a lack of knowledge for Japanese text?...
Kinda like Super Robot Wars perhaps?

Kureha

I have the game, never completely went through it, I don't really like playing games that I can't understand the stories of. That doesn't stop me from obtaining said game anyways though.
[/url]

laplacian

... Well... I know for a fact that the Final Fantasy 10 for the PS2 was hacked... A Japanese voice but English text.. That.. and as well as Ar Tonelico 2...

So i guess i was hoping for some miracle to happen i guess.. >_>

It did gain a certain amount of recognition even from English gamers... Well.. Maybe its just Tony's girls that are receiving the attention...

but you seem like you have played the game Kureha... or at least know quite abit of it... Is it playable despite a lack of knowledge for Japanese text?...
Kinda like Super Robot Wars perhaps?

Huh, I got ar tonelico 2 for the ps2, and I am pretty sure it's japanese voice and english text o_O ( too lazy to start it up and check >____<, or rather too busy with resonance of fate while browsing the inet here and there )

inferno_flamex

I meant the FULL VOICED version of Ar Tonelico 2...

Do u know that the one released from Atlus, despite its dual voice option was EDITED...
To be exact what happenned was that the English dubbers did not fully voice all the voiced parts...

And then what happenned was that since there are some texts that are still Japanese voiced, while the English dubbers were too lazy to...

They DELETED the Japanese voices, at parts where the English were too lazy to dub...

I guess what im trying to say is that..

The 'official' version of Ar Tonelico 2 is only 60% dubbed and voiced...

While there was a 'hacked' version of the game with 100% japanese audio plus english text...

Im sure you feel like you've been screwed like I did back when I first found out about this...

laplacian

Ah so to get it right, the officially published version got english and japanese voice tracks, but due to the lazyness of the publisher in voicing the english track, they just decided to cut some parts out, which they also cut off from the japanese track ?

Well, thats a bit nasty, but I don't really feel screwed over =p I mean 5 years ago such a title would have never even made it into the western hemisphere, and even if it made it by some miracle, it would have been unplayable due to too many cringy voice actors with no option to play it in japanese >_<

Btw the publisher is not Atlus, but NIS America, Atlus = quality T_T!

inferno_flamex

Btw the publisher is not Atlus, but NIS America, Atlus = quality T_T!

OOohh yeeaaahhh... Crud.. >_>

Green_Tea

laplacian

hm dubbed games, anyone else enjoyed Sarahs voice in the american xbox 360 version of star ocean 3 ?

Mana

That didn't stop the Front Mission 5 and Dragon Quest 5 translation projects, but those series aren't comparable in terms of fame with the PS2-era Shining series, which explains why it will be almost impossible to see it translated in the next years.

Green_Tea

I hear the DS version of some Tales game is almost done translating. Fun.