News:

Although Kureha One is an international community, posts should be made in English. JP/CN/KR is only tolerated for topics where the original media was in JP/CN/KR.
Posting in other languages will result in account termination with extreme prejudice without notice.

Main Menu

MG's shenanigans

Started by Mana, December 24, 2010, 03:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mana

Don't forget that Kara no Shoujo will be voiceless, again. This move confirms that the decision to remove the voices from Koihime Musou wasn't an exception like they said in January.

Green_Tea

Fuck translation companies. Seriously FUCK.

Voices are paramount. FFS.

Mana

From what's been stated on MG's blog, the fault lies with the company that owns the voice acting rights. They thought that they were dealing with a big publisher or something like that.

The second major change, as many of you who viewed our catalog page have probably already noticed, is that we were forced to release the game without the original Japanese voices. Because of the unique way in which the extensive voice cast for this game was chosen, the rights to the voices remained with the voice acting agency, and not Innocent Grey. While both of us did our best to negotiate for use of the voices, the agency refused to accept any of the alternative options we proposed, and demanded an outlandish fee several times larger than the entire cost of localizing this product otherwise.

Nothing can be done if the other part is greedy to the point of not being able to negotiate with them.

sazabi

a fee greater than the total cost of localizing , talk about greedy

Le_Chimp

I'll Judge them by how they have handled the re coded engine

if their re coded engine has voice support and editable script files I'll keep buying games off them.

If there engine doesn't have voice support or the script files are so far encrypted we cant edit them I'll just cut them off and pirate them from now on.

Mana

According to Anon, it's even easier to insert the voices on this engine:

The engine isn't heavily modified. The game is ported to another, a lot more widespread engine (not BGI though), as the original was NG.
Moreover it also happens to make voice patching pretty easy to automate, so we supported this change.

Mana

For the people that missed it, bamboo, the person in charge of Overdrive and MangaGamer's producer, did a live stream this week where he was bombarded with questions. Some of them pertinent and others completely retarded, but it was fun to watch. The people at MG transcribed the more relevant stuff on their blog.

It was a good PR move that they needed and the best part is that they are planning to do it bi-weekly.

sazabi

Kara no Shoujo released

Mana

For the people that didn't follow AX: Da Capo III and Kimi ga Nozomu Eien were announced. It was also announced that if Da Capo and Da Capo II sell some more copies, that DCPC and DCIIPC will be released, that Shin Koihime Musou could be released in the future and if Kara no Shoujo sells well, other Innocent Grey titles will be released. Nothing more was said about Oretsuba, but the last thing that bamboo said was that everything was going well.

michelous

when does da capo 3 even come out but kimi ga i want

mahou

Oh Kimi Nozu, do want. So Age has signed on with MG, wonder if amaterasu will have anything to do with it. Hope so since Ixrec is a machine and it means it'd get out pretty quick considering it's MG.

Good choice since the weeaboos will want it b/c of it's anime. Definitely a game they should do hardcopies from the get go, I still prefer digital, but hardcopies seems to be where the money is.

michelous

i just hope age doesn't rip the voices

sazabi

It was also announced that if Da Capo and Da Capo II sell some more copies, that DCPC and DCIIPC will be released, that Shin Koihime Musou could be released in the future and if Kara no Shoujo sells well, other Innocent Grey titles will be released.

theres still hope yet  :)

Mana

Da Capo III will be released next year.

Madotsuki

KimiNozo? Seriously? Haha oh god I just...spazzed out more than was probably called for.

Now let's hope it doesn't take forever...MG's pretty fast, but they're already planning so much, haha.