News:

Although Kureha One is an international community, posts should be made in English. JP/CN/KR is only tolerated for topics where the original media was in JP/CN/KR.
Posting in other languages will result in account termination with extreme prejudice without notice.

Main Menu

[LN][PDF][EPUB] Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?!

Started by Azura Ren, February 02, 2018, 11:00:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mokonaw

I agree it was a mess with Arifureta, but they just skyped a few things, they nearly change nothing, it's the sort of adaptation that can give the will to read the LN. BUT here, it's a total shame, that's not an adaptation anymore, so much change and add, it's like a total new story. The pokemon nana..... The Dragon Ball meme.... What the hell? People just want to enjoy some "totally normal/average little girl" story, nothing else. The LN make me laugh so hard, all the situation are enjoyable, the author have a really good imagination. But this adaptation, ****, it's a total let down. The best advise that can be done to people is to read the LN and avoid the anime.

I could not agree more ! The whole goddess thing is foreshadowing the entire story so even if there is "a quick mention" it's total non-sens.

zaphkiel_el_rem

I gotta agree and disagree with you folks. I agree that the anime is not a good adaptation. However, I think its fine the way it is.

I like how the anime is completely going to a new direction. The LN, WN and the manga doesn't really have any major and minor differences so I'm kinda enjoying that the anime is giving me new content.

Kuroe

I like how the anime is completely going to a new direction. The LN, WN and the manga doesn't really have any major and minor differences so I'm kinda enjoying that the anime is giving me new content.

Of course you are free to like it or not. Every person has its tastes, and thats just ok. Then...my opinion:
Its not actually new content, Its "no content" and "changed content". There is nothing new, it is one thing change for another or deleted. If you are going to make an adaptation, well, ADAPT the source material, if not just say "loosely based on..."
They already took so much from it that is like its bare bones. And I dont know what the author thinks, but for me, I would think that the guy said "well i'll compromise so i get the anime" but i dont think he likes it. But hey, who am i to say what the author thinks. I is just my opinion, and I dont consider myself a "FAN", I just liked the novels, and I dont think that they've done a good job with the anime, Im not gona rage about it like people do nowadays ..cough cough my hero aca tweets coughcough.

For me its just like mmm 12 episodes ovas. the real thing its the novels, all the other its just extra material.

Tegual

Well i was right about the flashback, and in the sense of this anime it made a lot of sense that Adel's story is told via flashback to her friends. Reina's past was explored and they explored the rest. A little quick but everything is their.

We also now know why Nano-chan is a pokemon.

Of course you are free to like it or not. Every person has its tastes, and thats just ok. Then...my opinion:
Its not actually new content, Its "no content" and "changed content". There is nothing new, it is one thing change for another or deleted. If you are going to make an adaptation, well, ADAPT the source material, if not just say "loosely based on..."
They already took so much from it that is like its bare bones. And I dont know what the author thinks, but for me, I would think that the guy said "well i'll compromise so i get the anime" but i dont think he likes it. But hey, who am i to say what the author thinks. I is just my opinion, and I dont consider myself a "FAN", I just liked the novels, and I dont think that they've done a good job with the anime, Im not gona rage about it like people do nowadays ..cough cough my hero aca tweets coughcough.

For me its just like mmm 12 episodes ovas. the real thing its the novels, all the other its just extra material.

While i won't disagree that it isn't a great adaptation, it has most of the important parts. They did adapt the source material. In most cases if you actually read the WN or LN while watching an episode you'll actually see the parts adapted are pretty close to them in fact. Yeah it has a bunch of changes, some for the better, some for the worse but that is what an adaptation is.

mokonaw

it's still seems wrong in my opinion to cover the first volume of the serie in like 3 minutes....

Tegual

it's still seems wrong in my opinion to cover the first volume of the serie in like 3 minutes....

I agree mostly. Although it wasn't the entire first volume, we are still missing Mile becoming a hunter. We miss so much fun stuff, like Adel going off at Kelvin and her attempts at being normal. But, the adventure and the overarching story don't start till Adel becomes Mile and she goes to hunter school. The first volume stands out as and introduction to Adel and how she got to becoming a Hunter whereas the Anime is focusing on Mile the Hunter.

There are still some oddities in the Anime but episodes 4 and 5 are a much better adaptation of the story, and who knows there could be an episode 0.

At least we got the back story, look at Arifureta, they skipped basically the entire introduction and never went back (i actually don't see this as a huge problem in the scheme of things since it was easy to tell that he was bullied and that Kaori likes him so others where jealous of him), then skipped one of the best parts of they story (training the rabbits and the whole beast kingdom arc) in less time. Next is the Kingdom Soldiers/Bandits, will we actually see them will be interesting; or will it just be more bandits; or will it be skipped entirely.

Kuroe

The thing is, for me.. I dont like when things are rushed. I really dont remember much details now of "make my abilities average" because im reading "versatile mage" "VRMMO no Shien Shokunin" "Growth Cheat" "Mushoku Tensei" "World Teacher" and im like trying to remember where i left "magicraft meister" "invinsible saint salaryman" and i actually have a couple more that i have paused. So sometimes i get fussy on the details XD.

About "abilities average", there are some points i noticed, that i remember now:
-there is no talk about Mile's role (i mean in the novels anyone that fights or sees them fight, wonder about if mile is a mage or a knight)
-The guy that Mile copy in the school, that was going to fight the A rank adventurer and won/almost won (dont remember) because mile tired him out, the guy was deleted.
-Mile's slingshot just apeared in the anime, like that, and in stil shots. In the novel she explained why and how she made it.
-I was gonna say something about adele's past but I paused this and watched the last episode and, it was a pretty good explanation.
Mostly is little details, and some of them are really easy to incorporate or mention., but for me they are better than some of the references that the anime makes, also you have to understand from where they are, sometimes i dont know if mile is making a jojo reference or some other, or just making a face or pose.

I'll just say that at least for me, I'd better have Quality over Quantity. I dont know where the anime will end but, for now the quality is....(ok) if they put a little more detail in the story, i rather have that than more volumes adapted. I get the idea that the novels are about the dailies of the group with a battle in between, like a slice of life with a bit of action. But the feel i get from the anime is that, they rush the slice of life part to get faster to some battle or action to show sfx. But hey Its just my impresion, Im still watching it and its ok....just ok for me. It doesnt mean it cant be great for someone else.

Well I dont wanna keep at it because it would be longer than this XD. Also whats done its done, I dont like to grumble too much, just once while I give my opinion, and then forget about it. XD
Thank YOU very much if you read this till the end XD

Kuroe

At least we got the back story, look at Arifureta, they skipped basically the entire introduction and never went back (i actually don't see this as a huge problem in the scheme of things since it was easy to tell that he was bullied and that Kaori likes him so others where jealous of him), then skipped one of the best parts of they story (training the rabbits and the whole beast kingdom arc) in less time. Next is the Kingdom Soldiers/Bandits, will we actually see them will be interesting; or will it just be more bandits; or will it be skipped entirely.

I read arifureta so long ago that i dont really remember too well the first volumes, hell i dont remember well the latest one i've read XD, but im gonna say something.
-In the anime: The thing for me was that they show you how hajime "falls" really fast, and then they tell you "oh by the way, he was a whimp before".
-In the novel: they show you how hajime was, his interactions with the class before the transfer. How he was ridiculed when they saw his stats. How he was really trying to help everyone training and then studying. How he was bullied. How he saved everyone from the behemoth....AND THEN, they show you how and why he "falls". Its really has an impact there, because you know the guy and sympathize, and you dont know what he'll do, and then he makes the 180º and turns cold.
-In the anime: you kind of guess why they atack hajime, and you know the situation because..you watch anime, im guessing that if i show this episode to a beginer anime watcher they wont understand all that.
-In the novel: they show you why most clasmates hate hajime, not just the one that atacked him.

That was my take on the effect it had to change the way they presented things.
For the Woods part, im guessing that if they put all that they wouldnt make it to the end like they did. They even got there really fast, the fight got changed a bit. It was like 4 round and in the anime was like 2 1/2 XD
Also after they get out of orcus the first time, they kill some soldiers in the novel, and that was kind of a good part because you see how hajime changed to really cold.

The impact of the first episode was meh for me, the fact that they cut a lot, i kind of knew it was coming. But the thing is a really turn off for me, was the PS1 CGI. They had really good character designs and good animation, but then that awful CGI. And the OP wasnt really that good. Little to no movement, a lot of still images, more bad cgi.

I dont know, I didn't enjoy it that much. I watched it all, and i was looking forward since the very first day of the trailer, but it was a let down. Hell, they even made a recap episode. I dont know maybe they had troubles, or thought they could do better and bite more than they could chew, or they rushed it. They only know.

Looking forward to Shield Hero II

Tegual

I dont know, I didn't enjoy it that much. I watched it all, and i was looking forward since the very first day of the trailer, but it was a let down. Hell, they even made a recap episode. I dont know maybe they had troubles, or thought they could do better and bite more than they could chew, or they rushed it. They only know.

Looking forward to Shield Hero II
I mean a lot of the stuff we did see was decent but it was rushed and i think it is getting a second season as well, so maybe people loved it.

Shield Hero was a good anime, can't wait for more of that.

I'll just say that at least for me, I'd better have Quality over Quantity. I dont know where the anime will end but, for now the quality is....(ok) if they put a little more detail in the story, i rather have that than more volumes adapted. I get the idea that the novels are about the dailies of the group with a battle in between, like a slice of life with a bit of action. But the feel i get from the anime is that, they rush the slice of life part to get faster to some battle or action to show sfx. But hey Its just my impresion, Im still watching it and its ok....just ok for me. It doesnt mean it cant be great for someone else.

That about sums it up, it is ok as an anime adaptation. If you never read the novels its probably better than that as well.

I'll sum up what i expect to see over the next few episodes:
6 - more bandits/soliders
7/8 - wyvern arc (maybe lowbreath maybe not)
9 - Pauline/Mavis families (might be 2 episodes)
10/11 - Werebeast/dragons
12 - leaving to look for more info about dragons and old civs

Kuroe

Again Episode 6, I don't quite remember details, but I don't think things happened that way. Anyway at this point im just playing to spot what things they changed XD
Im past the point of caring and into the realm of, whatever man. Im still watching, but I guess because I have the time and im curious.
In episodes 5&6 there were parts that I press forward and skiped a bit XD.

Tegual

Pretty sure then differences where that they captured the 40ish soldiers before getting to the city and that Reina never tried to kill the soldiers because they where not bandits. Also there where 3 parties of people not just the crimson vow. But the actual soldiers where pretending to be bandits was in the novel and they didn't let anything on till after they where captured so the change was kind of weird.

The change makes very little sense since the soldiers where their to stop all merchants getting to the city, yet mile's group and the merchants made it though? That was sloppy story telling.

Kuroe

I dont like it much when they change things, even less when they change things that didnt need or its absurd/ political correctness.
Then I also don't like when they just change things because...who knows and then it ends up with a weird feel. Like in this case. It was just weird, you have the source material, stick to it and thats it. If its not broken, dont fix it. More times you end up worse than before that was ok.

I was all episode in a state of...whaa? who? no, it wasnt like that..was it? like confused XD.

Studios pls make an ADAPTATION true to the material XD. sometime its hard the change from the medium but others its just playing it sloppy.

danphir

Does anyone knows in what part the vol 7 ends compared to the web novel?
I wanna keep reading, but couldn't find the right chapter in the webnovel yet.
Thx

Jayanth555

New  Update
Didn't I Say To Make My Abilities Average In The Next Life
Light Novel Vol-8
Official Seven Seas Ver

Vol 8   EPUB || NORMAL PDF  ||  DARK PDF
For fastest LN Updates: [url="https://justlightnovels.com"]https://justlightnovels.com[/url]

traitorAIZEN

Buy me a coffee ❤
[url="https://ko-fi.com/traitoraizen"]https://ko-fi.com/traitoraizen[/url]

PM me for any link problem
Troubleshooting guide: [url="http://controlc.com/0ac15e55"]http://controlc.com/0ac15e55[/url]

PDF Index:
[url="http://www.vn-meido.com/k1/index.php?topic=6646.0"]http://www.vn-meido.com/k1/index.php?topic=6646.0[/url]