News:

Remember folks Kureha One hops IPs every 72hrs so try clearing your DNS if you can't find the page.

Main Menu

[VN][Dating Sim] Shira Oka: Second Chances

Started by Mana, January 23, 2011, 06:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green_Tea

You know your game is bad when a bunch of people are telling each other not to try it even for free.

^

invictus

Maybe all the real VN players don't actually make games, and only casual ones do. Either way they seem like fags and I haven't even tried the game yet...lol

they should have at least hired a proper artist... I could personally recommend two... it would have made a huge difference.

sazabi

You know your game is bad when a bunch of people are telling each other not to try it even for free.

QFT

Green_Tea

Maybe all the real VN players don't actually make games, and only casual ones do. Either way they seem like fags and I haven't even tried the game yet...lol

they should have at least hired a proper artist... I could personally recommend two... it would have made a huge difference.
What kind of art is it?

invictus

proper anime art... heck even if it weren't anime art, it'd at least be consistent, more detailed without any glaring oddities in proportion... a friend from high school and guildmate for RO, even back then she could draw better than... well this, lol... I mean shira oka art reminds me of Paigeedraw... and even then...

Darkbalmunk

proper anime art... heck even if it weren't anime art, it'd at least be consistent, more detailed without any glaring oddities in proportion... a friend from high school and guildmate for RO, even back then she could draw better than... well this, lol... I mean shira oka art reminds me of Paigeedraw... and even then...

lol it wasnt hand drawn they used an PC programs and even i find it hard to use mspaint/photoshop/whatever to make what they did in the game the fact is they didnt hire the right person -_- im assuming they only played western indie visual novels, *PFFFT tycoongames making rpg games is hilarious*

invictus

lol it wasnt hand drawn they used an PC programs and even i find it hard to use mspaint/photoshop/whatever to make what they did in the game the fact is they didnt hire the right person -_- im assuming they only played western indie visual novels, *PFFFT tycoongames making rpg games is hilarious*

O.O the people I'm talking about are at the level where they've already developed their own unique styles, and can draw the same character over and over again from different angles without inconsistencies, photoshop, corel draw, drawing boards from wacom... I learned the basics from them but I never had talent for art... =-=" but still I can see how inadequate shira oka's art is... though quite a bit of effort has definitely been put into it O.O

laplacian

Green_Tea

... 5 years development ...

You've got to be kidding me.

laplacian

Okashi Studios is a multimedia startup company founded in February 2005, with headquarters in the San Francisco Bay Area (Fremont, CA, to be specific).

Our first major project is a full-length single-player ren'ai video game, entitled Shira Oka: Second Chances. Our staff consists of artists, writers, programmers, and others, sharing common interests in anime/manga, gaming, and Japanese culture.
http://www.shira-oka.com/who-are-we.html

Sorry, 6 years =(

sazabi

inferno_flamex

Hey... At least they're living their dreams... ... ... ... uhhh... Right? >_>

Sorta?

PrinJess

Darkbalmunk

OMG san fransisco guys the best place for a gay party aka reservation for one Shira Oka

Mana

http://www.gamepeople.co.uk/soulful_pc_shiraoka.htm

This guy is just making love with the game right here.

How much did they pay him to write that?