News:

Although Kureha One is an international community, posts should be made in English. JP/CN/KR is only tolerated for topics where the original media was in JP/CN/KR.
Posting in other languages will result in account termination with extreme prejudice without notice.

Main Menu

[H-Game][RPG] Monmusu Quest! ~Makereba Youjo ni Okasareru~

Started by Syre, July 25, 2011, 05:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poiso

Full second chapter is out? I thought it was only trial version.

Most experienced indie game authors release trial/demo version only when full game is also available, due to marketing reasons (specifically people will impulse buy the game if they like the demo, but they won't remember the game next week).

DaimonFrey

Most experienced indie game authors release trial/demo version only when full game is also available, due to marketing reasons (specifically people will impulse buy the game if they like the demo, but they won't remember the game next week).

If so then why time interval between trial and final version of first part was 5 months?

Mana

Because not everyone is the same and people fail to realize that.

poiso

If so then why time interval between trial and final version of first part was 5 months?

There are different creators, with different marketing strategies. I can only vouch for the Western indie games, as I follow that scene somewhat closely, and pretty much every successful developer will tell you that the best way to do a demo for a small indie project, is a demo when your game is available. When you don't have the marketing budget of an AAA title, you can't afford ads, or big reviews in gaming press or other venues.

It is entirely possible that Japanese indie market that serves a very limited kind of audience, such as adult games, functions in a different way with less impulse buys and more of planned purchases. In this case, a well done demo during development on a big event may be a good way to get publicity.

Axeyn

Downloaded this game earlier and i'm loving though i'm stuck now.

[spoiler]I got to the kraken boss and when she goes to use the aqua pentagram, a little screen pops up that says: "Invalid first byte of EBML ID:00"
[/spoiler] and the game freezes up.
Can anyone help?

Blanchimont

@Axeyn

A google search for it indicates it's a codec error of some sorts, ie the media type is not recognized I think... Try installing/reinstalling latest cccp codec pack or Haali splitter.

Axeyn