News:

Although Kureha One is an international community, posts should be made in English. JP/CN/KR is only tolerated for topics where the original media was in JP/CN/KR.
Posting in other languages will result in account termination with extreme prejudice without notice.

Main Menu

Hello everyone

Started by Neil, November 09, 2020, 06:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

I'm Neil and I'm 21. A university student in NYC. I hail from Denver, CO and lived there till I turned 18. Growing up in Denver is probably a luxury I didn't appreciate before moving to NYC. 300 days of sunshine and moderate levels of the 4 seasons throughout the year being the best advantage. NYC can get cold like it's biting your skin from the inside and hot like you're melting like an ice-cream. And don't get me started on the rain and clouds ugh. My complaints are endless. But enough about that.
We were a nuclear family for as long as I can remember. My parents both worked so I had an early start in my experience of living alone. I had this bright red bike since I was 10 that I used to parade around in all over the city—from the mountains to the west with a couple of my friends to the Coors field in the south to catch a baseball game. And pretty much everywhere else. Around the time I turned 14, I got more and more interested in novels and less in the outside world. Fun fact: cliché story but this girl I liked used to recommend me all kinds of books and is the culprit for turning me into a bookworm. By 16, I was well over 300 titles (yes, I pulled a ton of all-nighters and read fast), from Stephen King to Sarah J. Maas to John Grisham, I enjoyed pretty much anything I got my hands on. In the summer of 2017, I discovered the world of anime and the rest is history. The same year, I graduated from high school and decided on a whim that I wanna move out. So I did. 1600 miles away. Came here, enrolled in a uni and through a stroke of luck, found a part-time job in the uni library.

I'm a huge fan of Japanese light novels now and I hope to get along with everyone here and share my love for LNs with you all.