News:

Remember folks Kureha One hops IPs every 72hrs so try clearing your DNS if you can't find the page.

Main Menu

VN fan translation sites

Started by blakraven66, May 19, 2010, 07:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blakraven66

Is it just me or are VN fan translation sites getting pulled?

I can't seem to access a lot of VN sites today namely: amaterasu translations, dakkodango translations, tlwiki, novelnews.net, mirrormoon(granted they're dead.)

Coincidence that they're all having problems? Or am I for some reason getting blocked from these sites?

Kureha

Where do you live?
I know Minori got pissed off a bit back. They or some other company might have done something.

That said, I don't think it's just you as I can't access them either.
[url="https://ko-fi.com/chi_chan"]
[/url]

blakraven66

Seeing as these are fan translation sites, they would be blocking Japanese IP. I'm not in Japan though...

I don't think Minori or other VN companies could've made these sites just disappear without prior notice since they'd more likely be sending C&D letters than hack a site so maybe a server problem...but 5 sites at the same time...damn...

Yossarian762

Well, I'm in America and can access all the sites linked and they seem intact to me  :P

blakraven66

Well, I'm in America and can access all the sites linked and they seem intact to me  :P
You just had good timing :P , it seems to really have been a server problem of some sort since I can access them now.

But seriously, how could I not get suspicious/alarmed when 5 VN related sites I visit suddenly became inaccessible? Especially in a time when VN companies are cracking down on fan translations.  ::)