News:

Although Kureha One is an international community, posts should be made in English. JP/CN/KR is only tolerated for topics where the original media was in JP/CN/KR.
Posting in other languages will result in account termination with extreme prejudice without notice.

Main Menu

Recommendations topic.

Started by Green_Tea, August 18, 2010, 07:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green_Tea

Anime, Manga, H-games recommendations.

I myself know I have downloaded shit only to be dissapointed. Well, cry no more because now we have a community full of people who have tried and cried.

Ad voice aside, the point is if you're not sure about a certain anime/manga/H-game/VN/game/girl/condom/or pot plant you can ask here and I'm sure someone else will have experience in it. The thing is, people don't know what you like, so when replying or posting, make sure you specify what you like, or you specify why you like it.

Of course there should also be an Obscure Informations request thread, but I'm not sure anyone would use it besides me, so I might just keep to my own bloated thread.

So to start off, my friends have been recommending Angel Beats, Amagami SS, Darker than Black and High School of the Dead.

I personally like shows like Ookami-san to shichinin no nakamatachi, Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin, and reading stories like Haruhi, School Rumble, and Kimi no Iru Machi.

Drama and comedy I guess, would be the main draws. Romance is a necessity too. Comedy by itself gets old after a few eps, and drama by itself is way too dry.

Kureha

Out of those I've dropped school rumble because of the repeated getting no where storyline, and avoided Kimi no Iru Machi because of implied NTR and drama, the rest are decent.
[url="https://ko-fi.com/chi_chan"]
[/url]

Green_Tea

Oh come on Kureha. School Rumble had one of the best storylines I've ever read, and the comedy in it was top rate. I mean, ok, story-wise it'll be never be Haruhi, or Fate, or Tsukihime. But it was a comedy first and foremost, with a smattering of story. At least things progressed once in a while, especially character development. Which is more than can be said of many a story.

Oh and I guess Seo Kouji's works have a huge-load of NTR/Drama. Yeah, those are pretty hard to recommend, you either like them or you don't.

Anyway, what's Amagami like? I mean I might understand the appeal for a non VN playing otaku, but for the rest of us won't it be overly cliche? Is it even funny like Working! was?

Kureha

I haven't played the game but the anime is pretty enjoyable.
[url="https://ko-fi.com/chi_chan"]
[/url]

Zyibis

Amagami SS is enjoyable, I like how each of the main heroines have their own story in the anime. Each heroine gets 4 episodes and then it starts over with different events, given you a fresh feel to the anime.

As for a recommendation, how about Full Metal Alchemist? The manga had a nice ending to it and the 2003 anime was pretty well done. I loved how the movie fit right in with the anime giving it a decent ending. Though I haven't had a chance to watch the 2009 anime, I hear it is based more on the manga then the first anime.

Green_Tea

Oh yeah, I need to finish that manga.

It's not all that appealing really. Not enough romantic drama to draw enough of my interest to go searching for downloads. And I'd want to collect it. Blehhhhh.

Oh I might watch Amagami then.

...why do I get the feeling I will be the only one ever using this dump of a thread?

Mana

People recommending FMA? I will pretend that I didn't read that.

Green_Tea

Sazabi

Oh what about D-Gray Man?

alternative to bleach /naruto? long running series with heaps of characters. although personally its been a while since i read it but, the last impression it gave me was that the "good guys" seem to be fighting a losing battle.

personally i like the amagami format, since each female gets a story rather than a single story harem show

SaMo

People recommending FMA? I will pretend that I didn't read that.

O.O
I will pretend that I didn't read that.  :P

Zyibis

Green_Tea

I got pretty bored of that.

I mean, sure super sharp blind swordsman and oracle loli is nice. But I guess the slow releases did me in.

I liked Blade of the Immortal though.

Zyibis

Ya the slow releases can put you off, and now that they are unable to get any more raws at the moment it will be even more slow with releases.

I haven't read Blade of the Immortal yet, but I think I'll check it out.

Do you like Bakuman?

Green_Tea

Yeah. Not as much as One Piece. But I guess it's nice. Very tame after Death Note success.

sazabi

blade of the immortal was good for a while

[spoiler]however i stopped reading not long after manji (?) forgot name got captured and they were trying to find out his immortality secret / make their own immortal men, felt that it was starting to drag, and not as good as the beginning [/spoiler]