News:

Remember folks Kureha One hops IPs every 72hrs so try clearing your DNS if you can't find the page.

Main Menu

/jp/ VN Project Thread - The Warehouse

Started by Anon2, April 21, 2010, 07:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JADF

I don't see a thread in /jp/ are people sleeping/busy or did the project just buy the farm?

Enjoying their weekend, I think.

anon

I don't see a thread in /jp/ are people sleeping/busy or did the project just buy the farm?

Enjoying their weekend, I think.

Played some 12.3, watched some anime, read through the ONScripter reference document, replied to a SICP hijack that used the kneeling Lucetta concept art, did some doodling, and then tried drawing it in with my mouse, which took ages and still not done yet.

Shanker

Just drug myself out of bed, really. I'm free pretty much all the time, but, without set times, and the fact that we have a single phoneline, and dile-up...well, yeah.

If we can start setting times to meet up, I can stick to those rather well.

Rom

I have been studying for exams, not that I was really doing much in the threads.

I will be around more starting Tuesday.

JADF

Tuesday sounds good. I''ll make something then.

Shanker

Tusday is fine. I'm an EST guy, myself, living in wonderful Virgina.

I'll try to borrow a camera, or something, we have a rather good warehouse district. Might be able to get something useful.

Kureha

Um... I'ld suggest that even if you do take pictures, to not slap filters on them and use that as the BG.
[url="https://ko-fi.com/chi_chan"]
[/url]

Shanker

Don't know how. Was just intending on pictures, layouts, that kinda thing. Anything that might help give ideas.

JADF

By the way, I'm good at drawing and coloring sprites as well as painting backgrounds (at least mugenjohncel level BGs). I'm also good at emulating others' styles (I don't really have my own). I tend to be slow however.

My main restriction is I can't take too much work as my responsibility. I recommend making me do the most difficult art tasks and leave the easier stuff to others.

Shanker

Shall keep it in mind, thank you. I'm sure we shall have something, thank you for taking the time to help.

Messy Drawfriend

By the way, I'm good at drawing and coloring sprites as well as painting backgrounds (at least mugenjohncel level BGs). I'm also good at emulating others' styles (I don't really have my own). I tend to be slow however.

My main restriction is I can't take too much work as my responsibility. I recommend making me do the most difficult art tasks and leave the easier stuff to others.

I'd say we leave the BG to mugen. You can handle the drawing and coloring sprites, and I'll be an editor or something to make multiple expressions from one sprite and to make sure each sprite look uniformed to the others/as pretty as possible. Are you up for that task though? You're probably looking at making 5+ sprite per character. That's pretty much all we need for art for now unless we decide to do event pictures (HCG for example), and even then, those can wait.

anon

Tuesday sounds good. I''ll make something then.

Sounds good. I might have started a new thread if there was something cool to show off in the OP. Do you happen to have any tips on drawing correctly proportioned and shaded figures from varied perspectives?  

Also, anyone who can do concepts or fanart to help with inspiration please do.

Messy Drawfriend

Do you happen to have any tips on drawing correctly proportioned and shaded figures from varied perspectives?  

Also, anyone who can do concepts or fanart to help with inspiration please do.

I would suggest you to take an existing picture of a real life person (nude or not, doesn't matter), and deconstruct it into building blocks, then take those blocks and rebuild it back into the picture. Just keep in mind how big each of those blocks are, and how they're linked. That'll give you the correct proportion/size as long you don't alter the perspective too much. Add flesh/meat according to the building blocks (note that the limps are not sticks, they curves out due to muscles). After that, add on clothes. Leave shading alone until you got the basic fundamental on the body. For fanart/concept of this project, go to http://kureha.no-ip.org/k1chan/o/res/39.html.

JADF

Are you up for that task though? You're probably looking at making 5+ sprite per character.

Shit's going to suck really, really hard .....but someone's gotta do it! From the current viewpoint reaching that objective is, well..., hopeless, but perhaps we get more artists as our project goes on. In any case we must try!

Oh god, what am I getting myself into!

Messy Drawfriend

Shit's going to suck really, really hard .....but someone's gotta do it! From the current viewpoint reaching that objective is, well..., hopeless, but perhaps we get more artists as our project goes on. In any case we must try!

Oh god, what am I getting myself into!
Haha, no worry, I'll pick things up for you. I'm not a very good artist overall, but in terms of drawing girls/faces and editing, I'm a freaking god. I wouldn't say it's hopeless to reach that objective by the way; if you break it up like 5 sprite a day, that's not even a full week of work. When you done that, and I edit + make like 5 expressions for each sprite, we're pretty much done our role for the project (we just contributed 125 total sprites for the project!).