News:

Although Kureha One is an international community, posts should be made in English. JP/CN/KR is only tolerated for topics where the original media was in JP/CN/KR.
Posting in other languages will result in account termination with extreme prejudice without notice.

Main Menu

Edelweiss ending question

Started by testacc, January 14, 2010, 01:53:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

testacc

The following post will contain small hints about the endings of Mizuki and Haruka.

I played the routes of Mizuki and Haruka so far. That means obviously that there are 3 left. However, I'd like the last route I take to have a good/happy ending. I consider the one for Haruka as good (everything was ok, wasn't it?), while the one of Mizuki was just bad. I thought there would be an epilogue after the credits (like for Haruka) telling how things turned out, but there wasn't one. It kind of really sucks to never know what happened afterwards.

So could anyone who played all routes tell me which one I should play last? Please avoid any details if possible.

laplacian

I actually played through Mizuki's route the first time I played the game, and was quite pissed off how bittersweet the game ended. Pretty glad that one story seems to be a single case and one can still hope that after some time everything might turn ok for Mizuki again.

Ran's route was definitly a happy end, although the whole story felt a bit stupid/ childish.

Natsume's route was also a happy end as far as I remember, and the story explained a lot about the backgrounds of the academy and felt all in all as one of the better fleshed out routes in the game.

Never got interested in Mei's route, so no advice here.

Kureha

*Spoiler Alert*

[spoiler]Mei ****

So no you don't end up with her.
You become a teacher though, and meet a student.
I won't talk about the rest.[/spoiler]

Ran's route was a bit childish.

I suggest Natsume's last?
[url="https://ko-fi.com/chi_chan"]
[/url]

testacc

So Mizuki has most likely the only bad ending in the game? That's mean. Now I wouldn't be surprised if shes the only one without an epilogue too.
I guess Mei is next then.

*Spoiler Alert*
I should not continue to read this post right?

Kureha

So Mizuki has most likely the only bad ending in the game? That's mean. Now I wouldn't be surprised if shes the only one without an epilogue too.

*Spoiler Alert*

That depends, I didn't spoil too much.
[/url]

inferno_flamex

*Spoiler Alert*

That depends, I didn't spoil too much.

Actually.. I think maybe you might just did.. XDDD

I mean.. Suuureeee.. Nothing there is spoiler much.. but those with a fine sense of 'read between the lines' would notice.. XD

But anyway.. Since.. Topic Creator Testacc (TestAccount!?) just wanted to know if its a 'good ending'.. or a 'bad ending..'

Im gonna categorize.. Mei's ending.. as..
~SPOILER~
SpoilerSpoilerSpoilerBittersweetSpoilerSpoilerSpoiler

there.. one word...
(and i only just noticed the 'spoiler' tab.. didnt know the site had one.. Oh wait.. It needs the user to have 'permissions'.. >_<)

Kureha

hmmn I must have forgotten to setup permissions for spoilers

it should be available now.
[/url]

testacc

Actually I just finished Meis Route like 5 seconds ago.

[spoiler]It wasn't bad but I can't really call it good either. It's hard to categorize. I mean, she died after all. This should make it a bad ending but somehow I think there was more good than bad.

The epilogue was good to know but I think Mizuki would have needed it much more than Mei. It's not possible that her missing epilogue is a bug or something, right?[/spoiler]

I'm not sure which Route is next though. Maybe Natsume so that I can read the entire story again on Rans Route with all background information.

But that doesn't matter right now because I always let a few days pass between each Route. Too much sad stuff at once isn't good for me.

testacc

It has been almost 2 months. I can't even tell why I took so long.

Anyway, played both routes now. [spoiler]They felt a bit different. Somehow not as emotional as the others. Maybe because bad situations got resolved quickly while it felt like hours for the other 3 (maybe it were really hours).[/spoiler]

Natsumes route was a bit confusing [spoiler]because I didn't understand all the alchemy stuff at first. Maybe I still missed something because I thought her route would explain what happend during the exam. Ok, they epxplained why Natsume popped up but I still don't understand why they acted so differently. Or had it something to do with the drug from Rans route? But that woulnd't explain why Rin was attacking him. She also talked like Natsume ("Damn Hisae). I'm confused.[/spoiler]

Ran had no epilogue too so I guess Mizukis missing epilogue is really intended. I don't see the logic behind giving only 3 of 5 characters an epilogue.

It's still the best novel I've ever played (or rather read? Or watched?), even with the sloppy translation (ok, I haven't played/read/watched that many yet). I'd buy it if I had money... Maybe when I finally find a job. But it doesn't look good.

Too bad that there's nothing left now. It's one of those games where I wish it had more (a lot more, tons and megatons of) content. Or is it just because it sucks to never know what happens to Mizuki? Can't tell.

I don't think I'll reach many people with writing this here but I'll post this anyway because none of the two available walkthroughs cover it:

When you give the "wrong" answer at the last choice that would send you to the corresponding route (basically rejecting the girl) you'll be send to a scene that leads to the last choice of a different girl. If you do this with all girls then you'll end up with the "bad" ending (the one that is the basis for Eiden Fantasia).
But it'll not send you straight from choice to choice. There are additional scenes between them.

Ummm... I better write an example:

Last choice before you enter Harukas Route ---> Choose the "wrong" answer ---> Additional Scene 1
---> You'll end up at Mizukis last choice ---> Choose the "wrong" answer ---> Additional Scene 2
---> Rans last choice ---> Choose the "wrong" answer ---> Additional Scene 3
---> Meis last choice ---> Choose the "wrong" answer ---> Additional Scene 4
---> Natsumes last choice ---> Choose the "wrong" answer ---> "Bad" Ending

Panchu appears in two scenes and the ending by the way.
I think it's kind of easy for many people to miss this because you'd need to use answers that you normally woulnd't choose.

But it's worth it to check it out because it's all funny stuff.

Kureha

you'll probably be happy to know that Fantasia is coming soon... I think, which is either a sequel or a remake, either way there are new girl routes.
[/url]

inferno_flamex

you'll probably be happy to know that Fantasia is coming soon... I think, which is either a sequel or a remake, either way there are new girl routes.

I believe its a 'remake'...

Last i heard, it contains ONLY Rin & Sakura routes.. you know? perhaps the only 2 other cute girls that does not have their own routes... yesh.. emphesis on the word ONLY... *shrugs..

That's what i heard anyway..

But yeah...
I mean.. Still good to me coz.. Even if their routes were included in the first game, i'd stilll wanna try to finish Rin's route first... (the tall, good mannered booby one)... LOL... SHE'S CUTE! XDDD

testacc

It's a sequel because it will continue the Bad Ending.

Kureha

mind if I ask which bad ending?
[/url]

testacc

Isn't there only one bad ending? I wrote how to get it in the second half of my post above.
http://kureha.no-ip.org/k1/index.php?topic=214.msg1657#msg1657

I made some savegames. They follow exactly my example. If you want so see everything then you just need to start with the "Harukas Route" Savegame and keep playing. The other savegames aren't really required.
http://hotfile.com/dl/32735337/3a6a134/UserData.rar.html

Kureha

oh you meant the general bad end I thought you were talking about one of the girl's bad end
[/url]