News:

Remember folks Kureha One hops IPs every 72hrs so try clearing your DNS if you can't find the page.

Main Menu

[VN] Steins;Gate

Started by Ivan, September 16, 2011, 04:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geckoey Lurker

...... You're absolutely right!
I can't believe I missed that, thanks you. ^^

What the hell would I be doing without you guys, seriously.
I really gotta thanks Masat01 for leaving so many tools behind too.

bmn100

No problem, man. Just keep up the good work :)

Geckoey Lurker

It appears that the "STEINSGATE-prepatch.exe" used to patch the thing is corrupted, ence I cannot do with this one. I'm trying to work with one that is already patched, but I doubt it works as the prompting command show up and close immediatly.

I took a screenshot to read what was written, and that's what it says :

"1 file copied //I'm guessing this meant the .english text did get patched, and yet..
You must use an unpatched .exe 0" ("you must use an unpatched .exe 25dea" with uncracked jp .exe)

(It also only show "1 file copied" with the prepatch.exe, and done, nothing else. But the file was ALREADY corrupted in the first place, so that's not the reason why)

I tried patching with the original .exe (in jp), but since it's not cracked I can't start it and verify if it worked. I can't also look inside to see if the texts are patched since it just refuse access.

Hard to believe how stupid I can be sometimes.

bmn100

Why do you say that "STEINSGATE-prepatch.exe"  is corrupted? what  exactly is the problem with that file?

I read your problem so I did a little test:

1.- First, I unzipped the files into a new folder  (phone.txt, sgphonepatch.exe, STEINSGATE-prepatch.exe and STEINSGATE-patched.exe)
2.-  translated the first message that okabe sent to Daru into Spanish (my first language) editing the txt file.
3.- Saved the changes and ran the sgphonepatch.exe.
4.- The patch made the changes on the STEINSGATE-patched.exe (changed 1 kb in size)
5. Copied the file and pasted it into the rooth  folder of the game.
And All worked without problems, here you have a screenshot:

NOTE: You just need to have the 4 files in the same folder.

Geckoey Lurker

That is.. weird.

Well, I don't know what is wrong here, but something obviously corrupted my STEINS-GATE-prepatch.exe and stays so in all the downloads I do. Edit : What I mean by that is that, first thing, I can't even read the translated files inside it, and even after patching it, if I used the now new -patched.exe, everything stay the same as it was beforehand (I also had translated the first e-mail in French), without fresh install, deleting saves or not. I'm probably going delusional again..

Can you try to reupload it and send it back over?

(Everything keep going wrong with me today, unlucky day?  :-X)

I might as well ask to make sure I am not being delusional again;
  I'm not the only one whose Tips' pop-up stayed in Japanese, right?

I aammm sttuuupppiiiidd. It work now, I've been doing something wrong with the archive.
(My negligence can be so felt ;D)

megs

I'll take a look at that, thanks for the work guys. ^^

(Ignore rest if you can't take even the slighest spoiler)
Note : http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/5996/chapter2afterkurisuread.jpg
English being my second language; I'm not sure but does that work ? :

"And you're even telling me that they've deceived scientists all over the world for nearly 40 years?"

Maybe remove the all bit.

Hell, maybe even :

"And you're telling me that they've been deceiving scientists all over the world for nearly 40 years now?"

Suggestions?

I believe the sentence Blick used is correct. "The world over" is not referring to scientists throughout  the world, but throughout history. It's kinda hard to explain... I guess another way to say it is that is ellipses present day, which is why "over" follows "world". Then it's backed up with the "for nearly 40 years part", providing additional context. That said, I believe a coma should be used after "over". But, that's the only thing my native English speaking mind says is truly broken.

Of course you're welcome to do whatever you like with the sentence, I'm just trying to provide a little insight as to why it was likely used.

justinefremlouw

I'll take a look at that, thanks for the work guys. ^^

(Ignore rest if you can't take even the slighest spoiler)
Note : http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/5996/chapter2afterkurisuread.jpg
English being my second language; I'm not sure but does that work ? :

"And you're even telling me that they've deceived scientists all over the world for nearly 40 years?"

Maybe remove the all bit.

Hell, maybe even :

"And you're telling me that they've been deceiving scientists all over the world for nearly 40 years now?"

Suggestions?

Also : http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/202/rightaftertheendofthero.jpg
The line feel messed up be it with appeals and appears.. I will take a look at the context.
(She looks at me with teary eyes / She gets up with teary eyes)? (Do not remember/know context)

Oh and I gotta say something, I can't fix any typos/grammatical errors concerning the phone e-mails and/or the BBS at the moment. The files that contain those are directly in the executable, I can reach to them and read them, but not edit them at the moment. If anyone knows how to edit the executable's files without breaking anything, please do tell me!

Meanwhile, feel free to report bugs/typos from these anyway!

For the first one, "the world over" is an idiom that means all over the world.  It does feel unnatural, but it's correct.  But if you want to revise it, I'd suggest the first correction you suggested.

As for the Kurisu one, the sentence is right.  She is appealing in spite of her embarrassment, or perhaps, because of it.

Geckoey Lurker

Well, for that part both of you proved me wrong and I'll accept it so then, I'm leaving as it.

Same goes for the last one then. I'm really happy I did ask instead of going by my gut feeling on the spot.  Thanks both of you! :)

Edit : Had to make a small sacrifice for one of the earlier bug :
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Notice the dot between Welcome and Homeow.

The problem is that no line break code in itself is called, and that the first line is actually in a coding file. For some reason, it takes the space between Welcome and homeow as an order to return to the next line, the only way to fix that is by replacing the space by anything else but.. a space. I'm trying to see if I can't fix that, but I really can't promise anything for that one.

Edit : http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/30/93987798.png
I've done this quickly to test out, it.. actually look good, I should probably just remove the second line.  ;D (Still a true story though) I'll probably make the text a bit smaller so I can input more thanks in there, or just to be more discreet in general.
And no, this is not a sign that the final patch is coming soon yet. I've still got more images to edit, and I've yet to wait for anyone to completely test out through-out the game on search for any potential crashes and crucial bugs. I am myself doing it, but if you've been following this topic.. you can see that I can be really careless.  :-\

megs

By any chance does the script use support ASCII coding? If so, you might be able to create that blank space using the ASCII command code equivalent of the spacebar key. http://www.nationalfinder.com/html/char-asc.htm

Geckoey Lurker

Nice thinking, I'll try that out right away. (Should I really be the one doing the patch at this point :P?)

Negative, sir.

Blanchimont

What about creating a variable, and assigning the first line as a string value for it?

Then call up that variable, instead of writing it directly, at that line of dialogue, would that work?

Geckoey Lurker

That would be a good idea, but the problem is deciphering how the code work.. and what would be called a "variable" for it.

It would also depend of when the game misinterpret the code. If it does so when it directly read it ingame as is, in the end it might just change nothing. I still gotta figure out in what the engine was coded in the first place.. and I'm not sure if I can interpret the way scripts are decompiled since they could also just be a way to easily translated this into that. (e.g. how [url][/url] get rewritten into <a href=""></a> on most BBS Forums, they both work the same way, but if you didn't know neither you couldn't use it, and that's the case here.)

If I intend to get that fixed in a way like that, I'll be in need for a hacker much more experience than I am, or I'll have to experiments a lots of codes test. So far the decompiled texts had RUBY and HTML bits in them, but also a lots of unknown things, it's mainly those CALL things that throw me off, I can somewhat read them, but it's to mostly guessing what they do in general. (I'm still a complete beginner from 7 days ago if you guys forget already, my only back-up I got is my experience with C that date of a few years ago, and HTML/CSS.)

Edit :
I am gonna be just crystal clear honest right now, I simply have no clue what to do about it.
If anyone out there want to take a look at the bit of the script that I'm talking about, here it is :
CALL d0 2
<00> STRING
<01> <voice name=\"Maids\" class=\"VID_MAYVID_FEI\" src=\"voice/MIX_0000\" mode=\"off\">"Welcome[SPACEHERE]homeow, Master♪"

I can kinda guess what it means, but as to why it converts that one precise space into a linereturn.. I don't get it. I'm wondering if a part in the compiler doesn't convert it into a </br/> or something, or maybe even the executable somewhere.

NanayaEmiya

Help, I need Help!
When I was installing S:G and patching it up with your 1.3 autopatch, I get this problem ;;;
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
I've reinstalled it many times but can't make it through.
Am I messing up something???
"...So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works!"

Geckoey Lurker

Try installing outside of Program Files (x86). Unless I misunderstood, it's something about the bits string not being read properly. Also make sure you installed under Japanese Locale as well.

NanayaEmiya

See this ...
[spoiler][/spoiler]
I did what the readme of the auto-patch and fellow forumers suggest,
I already set the Locale language to Japanese (Japanese) since ages,
I did installed it outside the Program Files (x86) and now its in the Library/My Documents,
I reinstalled it 10 bloody banana times now, but to no avail, that error-pop-out was always being sent to me by the Organization/Kikan! ONORE! KUUSOU!

I truly, madly, deeply, badly want to play this VN. Does anyone know what else should I be doing so that I can play S;G in english???

Take a deep breath. and help me after you watch this so that you'll be motivated... (Koko ni samidare o...NAI!) LoL!
[spoiler][/spoiler]
"...So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works!"