News:

Official forum emails are from kouduki_sinon@yahoo.com.tw, but please don't send emails there, mostly likely you won't get a reply.

Main Menu

[H-VN] Kira Kira Curtain Call

Started by Angelus, May 01, 2010, 06:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kureha

Yeah but, most of the games aren't actually released by us. We just archive what we find. After 2 or 3 games we took it easy and other people from other places took over the race for releasing things. This forum started out as a archival place for games that /jp/ talks about and sorta expanded a bit.

Angelus actually buys alot of the games, he just wants them cracked. I think he mentioned it in one of the older threads.
[url="https://ko-fi.com/chi_chan"]
[/url]

Angelus

That is imposible

If Kureha one (TM)  don´t publish it someone will do its the cruel reality

Mangamer/Jast Usa Needs a Better DRM is the only solution

Kureha

You don't need the TM angelus, I'm not running a business, I don't even accept donations, this forum runs purely out of my own pocket.
[/url]

Genelize

That is imposible

This is unfortunately what all of us are thinking and also where we go wrong... what could possibly change if we just go on like this?

Also this thread have had already over 1000 views in just 2 days from release. Even if half of them downloaded the game that is 500 so you can't deny that this site has indeed become basic place for most of us to download the game.

Is it really hopeless to allow 1 week's worth of respect to companies that we depend on? Can't we atleast try and see what happens? Kureha could hide or delete threads about game release until it's been week from it. If we could get this mentality across places like nyaatorrents and other places like this that would be already huge win.

And about mangagamers's DRM you can't expect them to be able to afford better DRM and even if they were it would be cracked just the same way... :(

Feel free to give me your opinions

Angelus

That is imposible

This is unfortunately what all of us are thinking and also where we go wrong... what could possibly change if we just go on like this?

Also this thread have had already over 1000 views in just 2 days from release. Even if half of them downloaded the game that is 500 so you can't deny that this site has indeed become basic place for most of us to download the game.

Is it really hopeless to allow 1 week's worth of respect to companies that we depend on? Can't we atleast try and see what happens? Kureha could hide or delete threads about game release until it's been week from it. If we could get this mentality across places like nyaatorrents and other places like this that would be already huge win.

And about mangagamers's DRM you can't expect them to be able to afford better DRM and even if they were it would be cracked just the same way... :(

The real fans will buy the game so what its the problem ? I Buy the games so mangamer will have his money
Don´t say me like the SGAE (http://www.sgae.es/) Each download its a lost sales .. its ridiculous.

Please don´t be ridiculous If kureha don´t post it will be published in /JP/  so go to /Jp/ and try  to convince them if you succeed then go to mcanime.net  , http://sakurahana.com/forum/index.php  , and many other boards xD after convince them talk to us.

If people of /Jp/ agrees  with your idea I will  Donate 1000 $ to mangagamer Its a promise !!! XDDDDDDDDDDDD

Its impossible stop the piracy.

Mangagamer have a lots of money so they  can buy a new DRM system (its a joint venture of circus overdrive , navel , nexton .. )

PD : Sorry for my bad English !

Genelize

That is imposible

The real fans will buy the game so what its the problem ? I Buy the games so mangamer will have his money
Don´t say me like the SGAE (http://www.sgae.es/) Each download its a lost sales .. its ridiculous.

Please don´t be ridiculous If kureha don´t post it will be published in /JP/  so go to /Jp/ and try  to convince them if you succeed then go to mcanime.net  , http://sakurahana.com/forum/index.php  , and many other boards xD after convince them talk to us.

If people of /Jp/ agrees  with your idea I will  Donate 1000 $ to mangagamer Its a promise !!! XDDDDDDDDDDDD

Mangagamer have a lots of money so they  can buy a new DRM system (its a jont venture of circus overdrive , navel , nexton .. )

I'd like to call myself fan too but i'm still a human, i have example of what have happened to me in past: i was jobless but was still considering to buy Shuffle when it came out but unfortunately it also quickly spread on torrents and in here, downloading it freely just become way too big temptation and i ended spending the money on new shoes instead and downloading the game for free... Of course i'm not saying this is the case for all of us but i believe some of us have had similar situation.

I'm not saying that every illegal download equals lost sale, that's just ridiculous but if 5% of those 1000 might have bought the game what about then, is that thought impossible?
The temptation to just download the game for free since you don't get anything else by buying the game like you'd get with physical copy is big. You don't have to be real fan and only having real fans buying might not be enough.

I could post like this in /jp/ but if i'm alone on this i can see the results without trying and they don't even seem to care to moderate it... I feel like forums like Kureha One and Sakurahana would listen with more open mind about this, atleast i hope so.

I agree that it's impossible to stop piracy but that's not what i was talking about in the first place. Just giving companies some time so those uncertain people considering to buy the game would actually buy them without wanting to wait. Of course those who don't care about those companies so much would search the game for free anyway from somewhere.

Even if mangagamer is joint between various companies i doubt they would throw too much money if the profits aren't in there... and "better" DRM for company are usually more restrictive for the users so is that really a good thing?

inferno_flamex

Although i kinda understand where you're coming from... But i also believe that Angelus is kinda right tho..

I mean.. Piracy has existed since age olds... presumably even before the 'age of pirates'... its only just during that era that 'piracy' got noticed. But this info is debatable.. so.....

But even so. I think you too understand that even SOME pirates have a 'code of honor' right?...
So i guess to quote Angelus: "Real fans buy the games"
and maybe yours: "Wait a week before sharing"
some others: "I only wanna promote the game to my friends" & "I'll support whenever i have the $$$ in the future."

At the heart of it all, these ideas have only the game's best interest. Sure not everyone thinks that way, everyone has their reasons... but to say that your 'code' is better then someone else's... is well.. ... hmm.. not many people will accept that easilly... >_>

Just my input on the matter.

godgrinder

If mangagamer improve their translation quality some more and release some physical discs rather than digital downloads i'll probably buy a few things.
我哋經已失去太多興趣 我哋經已失去太多伴侶

Kureha

Alot of the people have pretty bad memories of MG due to their early releases, although I agree that they've come a long way, there are still people upset about the quality of the products. Some of them do buy the game after trying it out and seeing that it's up to their expectations, others refuse to pay for butched releases like Higurashi.
[/url]

Angelus

That is imposible

Mangagamer have a lots of money so they  can buy a new DRM system (its a jont venture of circus overdrive , navel , nexton .. )

I'd like to call myself fan too but i'm still a human, i have example of what have happened to me in past: i was jobless but was still considering to buy Shuffle when it came out but unfortunately it also quickly spread on torrents and in here, downloading it freely just become way too big temptation and i ended spending the money on new shoes instead and downloading the game for free... Of course i'm not saying this is the case for all of us but i believe some of us have had similar situation.

I'm not saying that every illegal download equals lost sale, that's just ridiculous but if 5% of those 1000 might have bought the game what about then, is that thought impossible?
The temptation to just download the game for free since you don't get anything else by buying the game like you'd get with physical copy is big. You don't have to be real fan and only having real fans buying might not be enough.

I could post like this in /jp/ but if i'm alone on this i can see the results without trying and they don't even seem to care to moderate it... I feel like forums like Kureha One and Sakurahana would listen with more open mind about this, atleast i hope so.

I agree that it's impossible to stop piracy but that's not what i was talking about in the first place. Just giving companies some time so those uncertain people considering to buy the game would actually buy them without wanting to wait. Of course those who don't care about those companies so much would search the game for free anyway from somewhere.

Even if mangagamer is joint between various companies i doubt they would throw too much money if the profits aren't in there... and "better" DRM for company are usually more restrictive for the users so is that really a good thing?

are you Kouryuu ?

Genelize

Although i kinda understand where you're coming from... But i also believe that Angelus is kinda right tho..

I mean.. Piracy has existed since age olds... presumably even before the 'age of pirates'... its only just during that era that 'piracy' got noticed. But this info is debatable.. so.....

But even so. I think you too understand that even SOME pirates have a 'code of honor' right?...
So i guess to quote Angelus: "Real fans buy the games"
and maybe yours: "Wait a week before sharing"
some others: "I only wanna promote the game to my friends" & "I'll support whenever i have the $$$ in the future."

At the heart of it all, these ideas have only the game's best interest. Sure not everyone thinks that way, everyone has their reasons... but to say that your 'code' is better then someone else's... is well.. ... hmm.. not many people will accept that easilly... >_>

Just my input on the matter.

I do not mean to force my ideas to anyone, just having them to consider it from this way is already a lot.

Alot of the people have pretty bad memories of MG due to their early releases, although I agree that they've come a long way, there are still people upset about the quality of the products. Some of them do buy the game after trying it out and seeing that it's up to their expectations, others refuse to pay for butched releases like Higurashi.

I understand that from playing their first release myself too, but the way they have dealt with the issue and listened to their fans is something i respect. I'd like to believe that about trying games too but after playing the game once and having nothing special by buying the game i don't believe many will do that.

If mangagamer improve their translation quality some more and release some physical discs rather than digital downloads i'll probably buy a few things.

Kouryuu wrote this:

"There was also some talk about piracy; he mentions that they wish that there were more legitimate sales of their games as their sales were still less than what MangaGamer would like, and that significant piracy continued despite all the internal changes that have been made to improve the quality of their releases.  As to physical copies, kouryuu said, "The idea of a physical copy is being discussed pretty constantly. We know people want them, it's a matter of trying to figure out if and how we can. There are a few ideas going around back and forth right now." "

I can't say for sure but for them to be able to release physical copies of the games more purchases would be needed. But with people having the mentality to not purchase those games since they do not have physical copies they cannot estimate how many people would this actually cover, as in how much more would they sell.
I really hope though that they would take the gamble and bring those physical copies to the table.

Again some of my opinions, feel free to criticize them :)

And no, i'm not Kouryuu. You would think he'd be a bit more against the sharing and not think ideas like "1 week before sharing", right?

Mizuno

Angelus

I understood your thoughts but internet is too big always the games will be leaked in 48 or 72 hours

Every mangagamer buyer its  a potential pirate ...

Edited ..

Kureha

Um... please refrain from pirate related logos, I don't want to cause a war like some other sites have.
[/url]

sengoku7

Um... please refrain from pirate related logos, I don't want to cause a war like some other sites have.
Indeed i second that.