News:

Official forum emails are from kouduki_sinon@yahoo.com.tw, but please don't send emails there, mostly likely you won't get a reply.

Main Menu

[H-Game][RPG] Words Worth

Started by Genelize, October 17, 2009, 07:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ookami-sama

My translation.txt looked like total gibberish.
Gtconfig file had PersonalID=9227b099be01d1f891f437e4713c5694
Translator.dll was 64.0kb

Took me a little time messing around with the installer menu, but here's how I got the XP version working. I did it on an XP machine, regional settings for Japanese unicode. I can't guarantee this will work for everyone. I'm also attaching the patch I used.

at installer menu:
click WordsWorth logo
click second choice on menu
chose 1.17gb
click bottom right button (next)
chose indeovideo
bottom right button (next)
left defaults and next again
yes at the popup
install (second from bottom)
let full install run then click bottom button (finish)
exit installer (bottom choice, above elf logo)
extract patch files into WWXP folder
run from ww_english.exe (I put a shortcut on the desktop)
start game and watch intro movie
at the screen for hero's name DO NOT change it, do as it says and click the button to the right (do the same later when it comes up in the middle of the game)
watch the cut scene with clouds and start playing

If you read the translations_demo file from the patch it will give you some info about game play.

Good luck, if this doesn't work then I hope it at least gets you in the right direction.

orz

Okay, it is now working.

Apparently, I was installing it wrong.  I never realized that the Words Worth title graphic was the actual button to press to install Words Worth - I just thought it was the first available button near the top.

When Words Worth installed correctly, it created a WWXP folder.  The other option that I kept clicking on created a WWSP folder, and that doesn't work with the translation patch.

Installed on Windows 7, 64-bit, I didn't need to run it in any compatability for it to work.  Didn't have to install it to the default path.  Installed and played using Japanese locale, but other options (AppLocale during install and running with or without AppLocale) might work as well.

Minor issues that popped up: d3drm.dll, and the opening video.

It wanted the d3drm.dll, but it couldn't find it, despite it being downloaded and placed in the System32 folder.  Simply placing a copy of the dll in the Words Worth folder will solve this issue.

Opening video: this video was long, unskippable, and was actually not playing any video at all, but only the sound.  I'm suspecting it's a codec issue, but renaming the WWOPIRS.avi file is enough to make that minor annoyance just disappear.

Fun things to note while playing:  You can pretty much do everything (well, everything important) on the numpad.  Attack, move, item menu, map button, all in one hand.  Enter is the attack button, 0 is the item menu, 5 is the map, the arrow buttons are obvious, but for some reason the strafe buttons are 1 and 3.  It's a bit of an inconvenience.

And in other notes, the bow is just fucking cheap.  It's pretty easy to cheese a lot of the bosses, it seems, with the bow.  Also, it's rather embarrassing that this thing that was giving me such a huge headache was such an easy fix.

Ookami-sama

Congrats on getting it running.
Near as I can tell, that other install (WWSP) is a cut down, prologue kinda game, but I could be wrong.

Possible suggestions about those minor issues:
d3drm.dll is a leftover from earlier directx days, on windows 7 I hear it works if you put it in the system folder, not system32...tho I can't confirm it myself. Putting a copy in the folder like you did does make a quick fix.
For the opening movie, could easily be a codec problem. The machine I installed it on is using the K-lite package, and it plays just fine.

You're right about the bow, and  later on there's a couple times I found where it was a nescessity if you're not strong enough for the monsters. Something else to note is that once you reach a high enough exp level, the monsters disappear from the dungeons, so it might be worth running around killing everything you can find.
A little fun aside,  I found an old program (dos days, early windows old) that can edit the savegames to change your level and give you loads of gold (great for getting those healing items and better gear).

Anyway, don't be too embaressed. Things happen, stuff goes wrong, and I know for a fact you're not the first to go through 9 kinds of hell to get a game running, just to find a simple solution.

orz

I'm getting near the end, but there's an event or two I've missed.  Does anyone have a 100% finished save, so I can just go through and look at the events after I've beaten it?  I don't want to have to go through the entire game (and the grinding it requires) just to see what I've missed.

Also, hot damn leveling is just broken in this game.  Well, not broken, just very much different than a lot of RPGs.  I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I like how the numbers progress when you level.

laplacian

I'm getting near the end, but there's an event or two I've missed.  Does anyone have a 100% finished save, so I can just go through and look at the events after I've beaten it?  I don't want to have to go through the entire game (and the grinding it requires) just to see what I've missed.

Try this: http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35490&p=538176#post538176

orz

Finally set aside the time to finish the last floor.  That save worked great, thanks for the link laplacian.

I really enjoyed this game.  I hope others did too.  I just wish that Astro wasn't so clueless.  It gets annoying after the Nth eroge featuring a terminally clueless protagonist.

Raizu

can anyone upload me the english patch?
I can't access the patch on funtranslation (>,<)

Mana

You can find a new link on the first post.

EDIT: Did you even read the first post? The patch is right there and on a working link.

Requilmer

I hope it's ok to revive this thread. Is this game in Japanese language with English text/subtitle?

I'm using windows vista, will it work perfectly in Vista? Also, is this the same version as the one from Nihonomaru?
http://forum.nihonomaru.com/eroge.285/thread/words-worth.292838/

Geckoey Lurker

Yes, it should be. More-so that it's a fan translation and that 'english' voice-overs in the professional scene is practically non-existent for VNs (as far as I know).

No idea if it'll work on Vista, but it ran just fine on Windows 7 in my case.
Should be the same game. There is only one VN named 'Words Worth'. I could be wrong, I didn't download it from here, but since the description and everything matches...

Requilmer

I manage to install the game from Nihonomaru  but the program crash after the opening cutscene. Also, although there's English patch for some reason, the text is in Japanese instead of English. Anyone with Vista experience the same problem?

omega supreme

i played it with vista and it worked fine for me

Requilmer

How did you install it? I install according to the instructions below from Nihonomaru.  Do I need to install any addition program? Is your installation method same as the one from Nihonomaru? Also, when I try to move the English patch to WW folder, it says 'There is not enough space on WWXP. You need an additional 758 KB to copy these files.'

Install XP:
The XP version threw me for loops until I realized what was going on, it also crashed much less than the 98 version (which sometimes if I were to minimize it wouldn't let me back in, or close it this one didn't do that to me)

1.Extract
2.Mount Image
3.Ignore the autorun menu, close it and view the files on the image (windows explorer)
4.Open the WW directory and run the install from there
5.1.17gb install then next (bottom right button)
6.Indeovideo then next(same button)
7.I'd stay with default settings for this (default Directory should be WWXP, NOT WWSP that would be the wrong installer and the patch will have everything be textless), NEXT
8. The finish button is the top button in the middle (still at lower half of screen) Actually sums up all the steps so far.
9.Extract the English patch, and replace all files Except WWBASE *DO NOT OVERWRITE WWBASE.EXE*
10. I would recommend running in windows xp compatibility mode, you may not have to, and w98 should work too (Though I had trouble closing the game with w98 mode). Without XP mode I couldn't view the intro movie, it was just a black screen.
11.You may want to run wwbase first, before I got the xp version working, I got w98 version working, so I had run the wwbase file first anyways. (If the video is black and sound plays *after the "and then..."* then you probably have to install indeovideo drivers or do step 10.)
12. IF the background of the main menu doesn't say words worth (and is a silhouette of a guy smoking, you installed the wrong version). (which means the game will be textless if you try to play).

In Game fixes (both versions): You will probably crash if you try to use your bow or trigger certain events, to fix this, go the the config menu and click the video card with the X over it (or click right below it you should be able to tell how the option is chosen) It will probably cause some of the game to be a bit jerky (especially the last boss for for me, I didn't try seeing if I could fight him with it enabled though).

If you need a DLL file (d3drm): http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-.../download.html (Where I got it from at least)
Extract the .dll-file to a location on your computer. We recommend you to unzip the file to the directory of the program that is requesting the file. If that doesn't work, you will have to extract the file to your system directory. By default, this is C:\Windows\System (Windows 95/98/Me), C:\WINNT\System32 (Windows NT/2000), or C:\Windows\System32 (Windows XP, Vista, 7).
http://forum.nihonomaru.com/eroge.285/thread/words-worth.292838/

There is an edit button for some reason.

Green_Tea

To install this on vista:

download win7 with removeWAT or monies.
install win7

use XP compatibility

DaimonFrey

Does anybody know how to get past place where Watoshika was sitting?