News:

Remember folks Kureha One hops IPs every 72hrs so try clearing your DNS if you can't find the page.

Main Menu

[WN][EPUB][ENG] Confinement King (MASTER EDITION - BETA)

Started by Doge.Epub, October 27, 2021, 11:02:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doge.Epub

[WN][EPUB][ENG] Confinement King (R18) (MASTER EDITION - BETA)

Vol 1 [Chapter 001-046] - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z9FJGJ4SQ3Uxnk7hBCwQV46G-I3pIH4b/view?usp=sharing
Vol 2 [Chapter 047-114] - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E4KV8Ae0bwjKgyMcP29HMOi-lR4epw7s/view?usp=sharing
Vol 3 (I have incomplete one but wanna test Vol 1 & Vol 2 first)

Info: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/confinement-king

Update 1: Thanks to @Azura Ren's feedback. The manifest fixed

BETA Ver. Warnings

• In the beginning, I made them to use personally and never intended to share. I only tested them on only Apple iBook with the latest version. other readers probably won't work properly
  • iOS Spoke Screen is super buggy (and it got worse every iOS update) - you may need to switch Siri voice when the voice sounds wonky.
  • Confinement King's Integrated Glossary may contain minor spoilers - I implemented content progression (which the content is added after each passing chapter) after this series.
  • English is not my first language. Good luck with my glossary 8) but I'm planning to add co-editing. Anyone will be able to improve the glossary

What is [MASTER EDITION]?

It's the name that I came up with. It is an EPUB version that I made from the ground up. It has more features than officially published EPUBs. My EPUB version is intended to exploit most features that EPUB3 can offer.

In the beginning, I made it for personal use. I design this bot to crawl through WN/LN sites and then digests that raw HTML format to EPUB in the way I like. Changing font size, colour, remove ads, add chapter name and etc.

Reading web novels has become a habit of mine since when I started working. However, for me, it's more like listening. I use the iOS Spoke Screen feature to Apple iBook. I always use them all the time, while I'm in the office or commuting to work, maybe around 12 hours per day. I make it so I can listen to EPUBs.

I always improve this bot whenever I have free time. Looking back, it has been since 2017 since I first made it (around the time when Trump became the president). I'm a senior programmer now. It's no longer a simple bot anymore. This bot of mine has been rebuilt for the 4th time.

EPUB [MASTER EDITION] Features
It's still in development. Not all features are working yet and they are based on my preferences.

* Only Dark Mode supported
    - You maybe need to choose a dark colour scheme to make text readable
* iOS Spoke Screen on Apple iBook friendly (It's the thing that turn EPUB into audio book)
    - A lot of bugs but hell it's free on iOS why not!
* Remove indentation but add space for each paragraph
    - iOS Spoke Screen pause better after the end of paragraph
* Replace 「 and 」 to " and "
    - The same reason iOS Spoke Screen pause better.
* Integrated & Improved Glossary with portraits
    - It's annoying when you read many novels and are confused by character names? JP Novels calling last names, nicknames, pet names for one person? here take this Integrated Glossary!
* Replace ASCII art or Jp characters with emojis.
* Improved Page Separator
    - *** or ◇◇◇ will change to Doge image and it will read "Scene Change" in iOS Spoke Screen
* Improved PoV Separators
    - Only some series will have this if the translator/author indicate them on the webpage or I add them manually.
* Display Word Count at the beginning of the chapter
* Cover Image & Color Illustrations
    - Only if I can find them

Coming soon...
Some features that I've done in the previous version of my bot but not in the current version yet

* B&W Illustrations in chapters
* Beautified status, log, appraisal tables
* Character portraits in status tables
* Character portraits in PoV
* Beautified skill names
    - 『Skill Name』 => Something cool
* Insert thought/speech bubbles with portraits
* Integrated Pronunciation
    - Japanese name can be read wrongly with iOS Spoke Screen so I plan to add fix into [MASTER EDITION]. Instead of, go into iOS settings then add pronunciation
* Javascripts that I haven't experimented with

My bot is not perfect.

It's hard to write an algorithm that can analyse the differences in HTML code, writing style, author/translator's misspelling, and mistakes. I did my best to fix all that and continue to improve it.

Since I always listen to EPUB on iPad, [MASTER EDITION] is optimised for Apple iBook on iOS. I'm pretty sure you can open it on other devices but I have no idea that all features will work or how it looks.

I accept your request.

If you want me to make [MASTER EDITION] for other LN/WN, let me know. I'll pick based on popularity.

I appreciate your feedback.

Your feedback will help me improve my bot further. I'm planning to make a website [MASTER EDITION] in the future.

Chetan417

Hey, there is already a post with the same topic <Click Here>. So mod may delete this under the "double posting" rule.

Also, thanks for the posting epub.

Azura Ren

Just tested it right now. It seems there are still features that wasn't supported by other mobile epub readers. Try it on Lithium.
◆ Alternative Links: [url="//www.fb.com/JNovelCodex"]www.fb.com/JNovelCodex[/url]

[url="https://ko-fi.com/JNovelCodex"]https://ko-fi.com/JNovelCodex[/url]

Azura Ren

Leaving aside epub3 features, sir. need to make it viewable first.

◆ Alternative Links: [url="//www.fb.com/JNovelCodex"]www.fb.com/JNovelCodex[/url]

[url="https://ko-fi.com/JNovelCodex"]https://ko-fi.com/JNovelCodex[/url]

Doge.Epub

@Azura Ren
Just tested it right now. It seems there are still features that weren't supported by other mobile epub readers. Try it on Lithium.
Leaving aside epub3 features, sir. need to make it viewable first.

Thank you for your feedback sir!! ;D

Other e-readers probably won't have the other features if they don't implement all EPUB3 features. Some of those might only implement the basic features of ePUB3. You don't see my features on normal EPUB after all. :'(
Or maybe my EPUB file directory is different than normal EPUB, it might be that reason you can't open it or I forget to set this and that  :-\. I'll add file restructure on my bug list.
Update 1: cover_page.xhtml not found in the book manifest. I'm on it now.
Update 2: Fix! wrong xhtml media-type in the manifest.

Hope it work, I updated fixed version and sorry, I can't test them on Andoird (I don't own one :'(). In the future? Sure!!

--------

@Chetan417
Hey, there is already a post with the same topic <Click Here>. So mod may delete this under the "double posting" rule.
Also, thanks for the posting epub.

Thanks!, I hope you find my version offers different EPUB experiences!

And I know. the mod can take it down, I don't mind. However, here is my take on this, my version is in the development process and it offers something different than normal EPUBs. To me, it's not a normal EPUB hence I called it [MASTER EDITION]. I'll let the mod decide to take it down or not. 8)