News:

Although Kureha One is an international community, posts should be made in English. JP/CN/KR is only tolerated for topics where the original media was in JP/CN/KR.
Posting in other languages will result in account termination with extreme prejudice without notice.

Main Menu

demonbane english version

Started by michelous, September 20, 2010, 11:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michelous

the game was supposed to be released by end of summer 2010 which is tomorrow or Wednesday ???
so who thinks the game will go gold tomorrow and what are your thoughts on the delays for the game
i know the translation is done    

Kureha

I don't think we'll be seeing those titles soon. They are just going to sit there and wait for preorders to hit a certain number.
[url="https://ko-fi.com/chi_chan"]
[/url]

laplacian

I've got the game on preorder since it was open. So far I didn't get any notification about the game at all, so I can't imagine it being shipped anytime soon.
The lack of information is strange anyway.

sazabi

nothing new, jast take forever to release titles, expect delays ::)

michelous

i think this delay might be a nitro+ problem and not a jast problem
because they were having problems with putting steins gate out in time it affected demonbane getting finalized

sazabi

well that sounds plausible as well, but either way the game will still end up being delayed :-\

Green_Tea

Yossarian762

I'm looking forward to Demonbane more than any other VN being translated...except maybe G-Senjou no Maou (sp? too lazy to look it up). The lack of info is annoying as hell D:

sazabi

so they just posted up an update, its pretty much been confirmed.....

[spoiler]theres going t be a delay :D[/spoiler]

Mana

michelous

i figured it was something on the nitro+ side
this is one of the first games jast has done with an active company

my guess is the delay was caused by the office move and the steins gate fiasco
they could also have tried to used the same fucked engine for steins gate on the english version of demonbane

http://www.jastusa.com/demonbane-update

Mana

Because JAST never delayed any release before they partnered with another company.

sazabi

who knows, they might finally release demonbane around the same time as koihime ie. not gonna see them any time soon

michelous

never when their work was done
basically most of jast's work was done

Mana

Like that time they "threw Kazoku Keikaku's complete translation into the garbage bin", because they felt that it deserved a "superior translation" and then we got something full of OVER9000s. It really felt like they translated it 2/3 times and delayed it to deliver that so called superior translation.