News:

Although Kureha One is an international community, posts should be made in English. JP/CN/KR is only tolerated for topics where the original media was in JP/CN/KR.
Posting in other languages will result in account termination with extreme prejudice without notice.

Main Menu

[VN][Dating Sim] Shira Oka: Second Chances

Started by Mana, January 23, 2011, 06:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mana

Developer: Okashi Studios
Release Date: 2010/12/10

Official / VNDB

Description:
Ever wonder how things might be different, if you could go back in time and re-live your past? The main character of Shira Oka: Second Chances is given that chance to find out.

Will he get his act together, and become the person he always wanted to be? Will he pass all his classes with flying colors? Will he fall in love with the girl of his dreams? Or will he end up sad and lonely once again?

His fate is in your hands.

You control how he spends his time, who he becomes friends with, and who he falls in love with... if anyone. But no matter what choices you make, get ready for a roleplaying experience unlike any other.

Game Version 1.1.8:

http://adf.ly/3914570/https://mega.co.nz/#!vUcSyRYK!7TZL4OLxNf3CfJqDsMOsmUJL9YockF5qyrzP676VVxI

Changelog

What's new in Shira Oka: Second Chances 1.1.8:
February 17th, 2012

· Minor dialogue grammar and spelling tweaks.
· Improved memory utilization in a couple of large, resource-intensive scenes.
· Enabled application sandboxing.

What's new in Shira Oka: Second Chances 1.1.7:
November 1st, 2011

· Fixed minor typo in Satsuko's grade reporting dialogue.
· Fixed some minor typo in Suzu's phone dialogue, and also an exit line during a date that was supposed to belong to the narrator. Also provided an alternate line for Suzu in her beach date.
· Fixed a plot discrepancy in Aya's phone conversation where you can talk to Aya about Kazuki without people having met him yet.
· Fixed a free roam bug where there was a small probability of meeting a character at a location they were not supposed to be found at causing a "BUG" message to be printed to the screen.
· Fixed bug where the first time (since game launch) the main window is shown, the report card can sometimes be seen minimizing.
· Fixed UI bug where during intro, even though the text box is not visible, the player can still pull up the conversation log.
· Improved system and texture memory usage.

What's new in Shira Oka: Second Chances 1.1.6:
June 15th, 2011

· Fixed a bug where after having met Yui, if you call her up before having
· met Naoko, Yui will think you've never met before. Thanks to Aric Ferrell
· from the forums for reporting this.
· Fixed a wording bug that can happen during Hiroshi's bee sting event chain.
· Thanks to Aric Ferrell from the forums for reporting this.
· Fixed some minor typos. Thanks to Allen Martin for reporting this.
· Fixed a bug where if you do great during the ballroom dancing activity
· sequence, the ballroom dancing activity is not removed.
· Fixed a bug in Kiku's Ballroom Dancing event where a wrong value was being
· used when deciding whether Kiku asks for your help.
· Added an alternate dialogue exchange between Kiku and Hiroshi depending on
· when the event takes place.
· Slightly increased progress gain in ballroom dancing activity.
· Increased chances of having an encounter with someone while free-roaming
· during the weekends.
· Increased chance of having a date request accepted if Player has a high
· popularity score.
· Slightly lowered the thresholds necessary to obtaining A and A+ grades.
· A+ grades will please Satsuko more at later cycles.
· Satsuko is now a bit more lenient with your grades and will wait a bit longer
· for better grades before ending the cycle and sending you back.
· Asking Satsuko for advice on your grades will now generate a more accurate report
· on your standings.
· Fixed a bug in Alice amusement park date in which a dialogue exchange was not
· being skipped properly. Thanks to mizu from the forums for reporting this.
· Stat check in Wisdom Tooth random event have been lowered.

What's new in Shira Oka: Second Chances 1.1.5:
April 7th, 2011

· Fixed a bug where the character generation process will allow you to have a blank last name and/or first name. Thanks to Aric Ferrell for reporting this bug.
· Improved compatibility with older OpenGL implementations that don't have glBlendColor. Thanks to Matthew Rees for reporting this bug and working with us towards a resolution.
· Fixed capitalization inconsistency in Kiku's empress random event. Thanks to Aric Ferrell for reporting this bug.
· Reworded some dialogue in Alice's violin bridge random event series. Thanks to Aric Ferrell for reporting this bug.
· Added dialogue options in BotS subplot to be used in the case where player does not help Kazuki at all (or very little). Thanks to Aric Ferrell from the forums for reporting this.

What's new in Shira Oka: Second Chances 1.1.4:
February 12th, 2011

· Fixed a rare scripting bug that can cause Kasumi's affection dialogue to be erroneously scheduled, resulting in plot inconsistency.

laplacian

Game is a fucking drag without a skip function ~~

You just don't want to read all the same stuff on you third+ playthroughs.

sazabi

no skip? i thought that was like a pre-requisite for VN's now

Darkbalmunk

Skip function costs money, >_> they probably didnt have a dollar to pay the code monkey.

invictus

It's all ages... the drawings are funky... no voice... no skip function... I guess it's not bad for a wapanese game ._.

sengoku7

no skip? i thought that was like a pre-requisite for VN's now
No skip function!? that's lame.

Mana

It's all ages... the drawings are funky... no voice... no skip function... I guess it's not bad for a wapanese game ._.

You can bash it all you want, but "no voice"? Shouldn't you be better informed before going all "HULK SMASH!" on something?

Zetsu

System is interesting. Thats all. Plot and voice terrible.
[spoiler]Naoko route:Do not kill the dinosaur. He is a good. - are you serious?
Yuu route - I died when I was 5 years old. But because of the demon inside of me I'm alive -  ;D
[/spoiler]
There are no good endings. Meh.

laplacian

I only finished the Alice route, and meh, it was just baaaad. It might have been nice with proper drawings and voice acting, but the way they presented it was just sad ~~

After that one ending, and having to face all the repetitiv text yet again, I just can't get myself to try the other endings.

invictus

You can bash it all you want, but "no voice"? Shouldn't you be better informed before going all "HULK SMASH!" on something?

Ya, that was unwarranted but it isn't voiced (nor would be better voiced) ... I don't expect it to be voiced since it's made in California but somehow I expected... well... something... I've only played Naoko's route so far... it's mildly entertainment but... I'm not sure if it captures the Japanese renai game experience as they claim... other than the fact they're using Japanese names and creative ideas... but how do I put this... perhaps it's not twisted enough...

Darkbalmunk

... ughhhh california they probably are my neighbors....

Green_Tea

Someday I'll get rid of all this bad stigma shitfucks are piling onto my dream.

Meanwhile I'll just continue with: fucking wannabes

Angelus

Mana

Version 1.12. I'll paste the NFO on the first post.

laplacian

I think they wanted to add an easy mode in 1.13.

It might make the game more playable actually, god damn stat grind gets way too repetitiv.