News:

Remember folks Kureha One hops IPs every 72hrs so try clearing your DNS if you can't find the page.

Main Menu

[VN] Steins;Gate

Started by Ivan, September 16, 2011, 04:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geckoey Lurker

Excuse my bad searches, it just seem that no matter how I go through the blog, I never find anything.

Well, I'll remedy to that. Thanks!

Edit : Wait, I do remember seeing the ruby text for that part. What the-

Fadeout

I did a reinstall from zero with your patch and the first time that Steins;Gate appears was in just the plain form. So I copied over that other nss.npa and it now shows the ruby text in that point. That was the latest public release.

You should just updated your release with that file, and maybe work out the improvements from there.

Geckoey Lurker

I count on doing that, and I wish I saw that nss.npa a long time ago. This one, at least, seems to have properly working scripts instead of the one I was working on.

Once again, the community does the majority of the work.

megs

There's a newer script than that. Blick posted this one right when he finally began talking about everything happening and appears to have since deleted the public link.

SG01_04_12.rar
http://www.mediafire.com/?9tm4tf8b8nu1p79

That said, there's a lot of [textXXXXX] messages that appear in the current script. I've already encountered 6 of them and I'm just on chapter 1.

Geckoey Lurker

The community strikes once again.

Thanks, and I'll look into that [textXXXXX] thing when I can. If I am right, those appears when a segment of a chapter end.

Fadeout

I doubt that script is an updated one as it also does not contain the ruby text and edit that Blick released in November.

megs

I also had one other issue, this one is actually quite annoying... and something tells me that it'll be a bitch to narrow down too. Twice I had the script 'jump' forward, skipping an entire block of text and the text does not show up in the backlog. The first time it happened, I thought it was a fluke. The second time, however, I know it was not my button tapping fault. That time it happened when Makise Kurisu was explaining her theories on time travel, there were 3 things she talked about and it just jumped over the third one. Which, like I mentioned, did not appear in the backlog script.

Fade, open the file and arrange by modified date. The last one modified was SG11_07.src dated 1/2/2012. Still think it's older?

Fadeout

I'm looking at the beginning of the script and it contains none of the edits that Blick did in November, in fact that scripts seems to be the earlier unedited version.

This script also does not contain any of the edits he made more recently: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-b9YXNQSPtM0/TxOuV9T4DqI/AAAAAAAAAQI/TIw4hxTOM6c/s1600/revising.jpg

So my guess is that it's a script version made by someone else. So I'd still say that the November script is the best choice to work on.

Geckoey Lurker

This feel kind of off to me, but maybe that's because I am used to reading Steins;Gate's Choice everywhere. :P
And for the people that doesn't know that the changes are due to how Steins;Gate was originally written, it's even weirder.

And.. I never had any script jump, that is odd.. were you using my current scripts or the one you posted earlier?

megs

current version, v1.0. fresh install, all old saves deleted, cosplay addon installed and finally v1.0 patch installed in japanese locale mode. after install, playing from winxp using applocale.

Fadeout

Example. I'm comparing a line from the September unedited patch, November edited by Blick and that unknown SG01_04_12.rar:

September (unedited):
"... No, ignore what you just heard. Everything's fine. We'll infiltrate the assembly grounds now."

November (edited):
"...No, I was talking to someone here. Nothing's wrong. We're about to infiltrate the assembly hall."

January (unknown source):
... No ignore what you just heard. Everything's fine. We'll infiltrate the assembly grounds now.

So I SERIOUSLY doubt that this January file is done by Blick, he just completely misses all the work he did in November and is the same unedited September script.

Geckoey Lurker

Megs, can you try redoing the whole thing but in Japanese Locale instead of using Applocale ?
I can't seem to reproduce the problem here, ence I can't try to fix it. =/

Alright, well, I higly personally prefer that November's Edited one, so I'll be using this one from now on. Thanks for the comparisons, Fadeout. I'm still thinking about what to do with the Ruby thing though, it's a nice detail, but overall not really useful at all. I'm thinking about just making a file with notes for things like that, but.. hmm.

Geckoey Lurker

Yeah, I read that already actually. The only problem is that it should be reversed, Steins;Gate being in the dialogue and The Door with Fate Stone on top, but due to some technicalities just can't. (This is actually spoke of in the article) I'm leaving it in for now.

Fadeout

Well, imho, one should stick to fixing bugs and typos instead of making new subjective edits. Or if you want to make subjective edits keep two versions separated.

You should update your patch before more confusion comes up. For example I think your old patch is now linked here: http://vn.shourai.net/news/update-022012.html

So better update it with the latest scripts or it will generate even more mess with old/new/edited files. Keep Blick + fix and maybe another with Blick + whatever subjective editing.