News:

Remember folks Kureha One hops IPs every 72hrs so try clearing your DNS if you can't find the page.

Main Menu

Visual Novel translation status (updated on October 20th 2013)

Started by Mana, November 09, 2010, 10:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoutoutekiSonzai

https://boards.4chan.org/jp/res/9633805

Not a whole lot of green this week.

I'm not positive about the reason for doing Fortune Arterial's true route at this point, but if were to hazard a guess, I'd say that the translators are avoiding the originally translated Erika and Haruna routes for whatever reason.  These were halfway done back before the project stalled.  Why avoid them?  Not sure, really.  But if another translator did them, they might not like the translation...or they just might not like those two characters.

I haven't heard anything new regarding the Yoakemae Yori Ruriiro Na project, so I'm assuming that the situation is the same.  The lack of editing progress is also evidence to the fact that the situation hasn't changed.
"What!? You found a girl that cute in a cemetary? You must be one hell of a necromancer!"
-- Raven

KoutoutekiSonzai

"What!? You found a girl that cute in a cemetary? You must be one hell of a necromancer!"
-- Raven

KodoGiasu

I wont make a request(since I don't know if that's allowed)But I'm just curious if there plans(or actual projects) to translate these two games - Shin Koihime Musou and Seven days with the ghost.

KoutoutekiSonzai

Shin Koihime Musou is very unlikely.  The original has been translated by Mangagamer and fan translators would probably never touch anything related to Koihime Musou because of that.  You can check on Mangagamer's forums and ask them if they're willing, but it'll be an answer along the lines of "it depends on the sales of Koihime Musou".  Based on their track record of not bringing over stuff like the various Da Capo Plus Communication or Shuffle Essence, I personally doubt they'll bring over Shin Koihime Musou.  As for the other title, I haven't heard about that title before.  Get some exposure for it over in the VNTL thread on 4-chan and somebody might pick it up if its short/easy to translate.  Don't expect anything, but  it doesn't hurt to try.
-- Raven

KodoGiasu

Thanks...I'll see what I can do..."Seven days With The Ghost" has surprisingly high quality(on the visual side of things and the music)for a free game. But I just don't know a lick of Japanese so'll either learn it or scour the internet for someone who can translate. Thanks again.

KoutoutekiSonzai

https://boards.4chan.org/jp/res/9698818

Whoops.  I had one of those moments where I thought I did something, but I totally didn't.  That is, I thought I posted this week's update already, but I spazzed out instead.  Also, Aroduc's secret project is:

http://vndb.org/v3988 

The game title is on his website in his ongoing projects section.
-- Raven

Geckoey Lurker

Any way to ascertain that? Aroduc tends to put random VN names up (with slight changes, this time being Kumo -> Kuma) while still working on it, plus it doesn't have any extra discs as far as I know. Then again, I only started truly lurking VNs Projects last year so I might have missed something about his (public) ways.

Force88

I have a question, this site is the best when it come to keep track of VN's translation status, but where should I look for to keep track of new stuffs ? Like the Hgame that will be released this month.

Mana

I have a question, this site is the best when it come to keep track of VN's translation status, but where should I look for to keep track of new stuffs ? Like the Hgame that will be released this month.

Two posts above yours.

Any way to ascertain that? Aroduc tends to put random VN names up (with slight changes, this time being Kumo -> Kuma) while still working on it, plus it doesn't have any extra discs as far as I know. Then again, I only started truly lurking VNs Projects last year so I might have missed something about his (public) ways.

Whatever it is, I hope it's as good as what he has done before.

Force88

Two posts above yours.

I think you misunderstood, I mean the new stuffs that are scheduled to released in Japan, not the one that is being translated.

Geckoey Lurker

One way is to look up on VNDB. It should be up-to-date for most titles, I think.

There was a blog or two that kept track (and gave their opinions) on new-to-be-released titles but I forgot their URLs and Titles, will try to find them again.

Yet another one is to lurk around japanese VNs companies's websites.

Force88

KoutoutekiSonzai

Yeah, I forgot that he did that.  It's now fully translated, whatever it is, so it won't be much longer now.

https://boards.4chan.org/jp/res/9729682

This week's update.
-- Raven

KoutoutekiSonzai

-- Raven

Green_Tea

>Kanojotachi no Ryuugi - 1056/28555 (3.7%) lines translated

this makes me so excited. So so excited.