News:

Official forum emails are from kouduki_sinon@yahoo.com.tw, but please don't send emails there, mostly likely you won't get a reply.

Main Menu

Visual Novel translation status (updated on October 20th 2013)

Started by Mana, November 09, 2010, 10:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sazabi_MKII

Fiske

http://boards.4chan.org/jp/res/8817548

Man, I forgot to post this and there was a release this week. *hangs head in shame*
Anyway, looks like you got some slight progress in Yoakemae there Fiske.  It's weird when the editing takes longer than the translation.

With the current speed we have to consider ourselves lucky if its released here in 2012 :S

KoutoutekiSonzai

Well, it was pointed out earlier that there are 5 editors.  Now that I know that, it makes sense that it's slow.  Having 5 editors is as bad as having 5 translators, since it creates consistency problems and arguments about what should be what in the dialogue.
"What!? You found a girl that cute in a cemetary? You must be one hell of a necromancer!"
-- Raven

Geckoey Lurker

Just having 2 translators working on one VN (implying it is a regular VN, though that still apply to Gameplay ones with glossaries and all) can already be nerve wrecking, and if they have different "translating" (or just writing) styles.. the text consistency will suffers through the story. 5 Editors is.. unless they're extremely alike, somewhat self-destructive IMO.

Green_Tea

Shoving all the work onto one editor my be all but impossible as well though.

Geckoey Lurker

Not if the editor is following the translator closely instead of trailing behind. I think two editors might be just fine though. Still, that also depends on the quality of the translation..

KoutoutekiSonzai

The only way multiple editors can work is if the head editor is able to keep the other editors in line by reviewing their work and making the necessary changes.
"What!? You found a girl that cute in a cemetary? You must be one hell of a necromancer!"
-- Raven

Green_Tea

Most geeks and nerds don't and won't understand how to manage other people. Also the size of our egos..........

Green_Tea

Well, maybe that's just the people around my area.

Fiske

Most geeks and nerds don't and won't understand how to manage other people. Also the size of our egos..........

So true.. He should ditch 3-4 editors and then things will go smooth :)

KoutoutekiSonzai

-- Raven

Fiske

Is it just me, or did Yoakemae gain 5% in one week?

KoutoutekiSonzai

-- Raven

KoutoutekiSonzai

http://boards.4chan.org/jp/res/8891795

Some projects have been moving pretty fast lately, while others have used to be fast have slowed.  Here's hoping that Fortune Arterial can keep up the pace and not be "a flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long" etc. 
-- Raven

KoutoutekiSonzai

http://boards.4chan.org/jp/res/8928209

The amount of analness is this week's post is truly impressive.  It's considerably over 9000.  I hope nobody ever posts an example of a translated sentence in the thread again.
-- Raven