News:

Official forum emails are from kouduki_sinon@yahoo.com.tw, but please don't send emails there, mostly likely you won't get a reply.

Main Menu

[VN] Steins;Gate

Started by Ivan, September 16, 2011, 04:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyMc.Fly

@MartyMc.Fly
Only Skype.

I've found a web where explains how to change the character encoding in the exe, but I can't read chinese and I don't know anything of reverse engineering :(

This is the web: http://bl4nk.blogcn.com/2011/07/steinsgate-ch/
It's hard :(  I don't think it is easy to do without a programmer.

poxitron

@Geckoey Lurker.
Yesterday I fixed the problem of the text in the Sound Library.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

The source of the problem is the limit of spaces that can be usen in the .scr file, as you now. So the solution was to modify the fonts and delete the content of a glyph (not the glyph itself), and then replace the spaces in the .scr with this character.

Example:
CALL d0 2
<00> STRING
<01> 01ニGATEニOFニSTEINERニ-Piano-

With this trick you can fix the next bug.

Well, for that part both of you proved me wrong and I'll accept it so then, I'm leaving as it.

Same goes for the last one then. I'm really happy I did ask instead of going by my gut feeling on the spot.  Thanks both of you! :)

Edit : Had to make a small sacrifice for one of the earlier bug :
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Notice the dot between Welcome and Homeow.

The problem is that no line break code in itself is called, and that the first line is actually in a coding file. For some reason, it takes the space between Welcome and homeow as an order to return to the next line, the only way to fix that is by replacing the space by anything else but.. a space. I'm trying to see if I can't fix that, but I really can't promise anything for that one.

pgbp

does any of the links in the first post include the Cosplay Patch as well?

Geckoey Lurker

It doesn't, but here are a few links.

Cosplay Addon + Game Pre-patched in English V1.3
Cosplay Addon + English Patch V1.3

I cannot find the cosplay add-on alone, but it is merely 360~ MBs just by itself so I suggest using the second one for now or get someone to upload it on MF or something. I can't do it myself since my reached my upload quota yesterday.

Btw, might want to know that the mediafire folder on OP is dead ever since my MF account got whipped.

pgbp

thanks for the links.I know there's also an official 1.20(I believe it's the latest one,since I last checked)patch to correct some bugs and stuff,is it included in this translation patch as well?

Geckoey Lurker

MartyMc.Fly

What changes from v1.2 to v1.3?

Geckoey Lurker

There's nothing new, I think you misread.

The V1.3 we're talking about is the english patch I made, the auto-patcher.

The V1.2 is the OFFICIAL Update for Steins;Gate. It fixes a few things, mainly a crash around chapter 2.

MartyMc.Fly

There's nothing new, I think you misread.

The V1.3 we're talking about is the english patch I made, the auto-patcher.

The V1.2 is the OFFICIAL Update for Steins;Gate. It fixes a few things, mainly a crash around chapter 2.
Thanks for explanations

nochgo

Also, for whoever interested, this *MIGHT* fix the True Ending's freezing bug : http://www.mediafire.com/?berb91snc2f33t4 (drag and drop)
I have absolutely no idea however because I don't personally get it, so give me news about it.

I wasn't sure if you got a reply for this, but this fixed the problem for me! So much thanks!!

Geckoey Lurker

I never did actually, thanks for confirming.

Would be nice to get news about it from multiple persons though even if I don't work on it anymore.

mudjoe2

Would be nice to get news about it from multiple persons though even if I don't work on it anymore.

I started going through a read of S;G today from scratch, using your 1.3 autopatch and the fix for the true end crash. I get this crash whenever I use your nss.npa from the true end fix: http://i.imgur.com/AesWo.jpg (Chapter 1). The default (post-1.3 patching) nss.npa doesn't have any problems getting through this part. Just thought I'd bring it up. Rest of the patch looks really nifty though, thanks for all the hard work on it.

Geckoey Lurker

Odd, that fix should only touch the very last chapter's scripts and nothing before or past this. I'm not working on it anymore but I'll try taking a look at this sometime.
By the way, by post-1.3 patching you meant that the original scripts in japanese worked just fine? or that an older patch worked?

Edit : I had completely forgot but I reuploaded S;G on MF weeks ago : http://www.mediafire.com/?mk9oaawhkw9wb
Might want to fix the OP with that one, since the other one is dead.

mudjoe2

By the way, by post-1.3 patching you meant that the original scripts in japanese worked just fine? or that an older patch worked?

I hadn't checked with the original japanese scripts since I didn't have a patched exe to use until after I ran the 1.3 patch (used 'full install' option). As for an older patch, I want to say the only other one I had used was the 1.2 autopatch a long time ago, and I don't recall it having this issue either. The 1.3 patch alone also has no issue with this part.

I'm also not sure if this means anything, but on the fresh install I used to test this, I had run the official 1.20a update immediately after installing S;G, followed by your autopatch (when I went to use it, I totally forgot you had built in the 1.20 update).

If the true end patch as you said doesn't really touch anything before the last chapter, it could have been some stupid installing error on my part, you don't really have to go out of your way to fix something that might not even be a real issue.

Sindrase

@Geckoey Lurker - I don't know if you've started on the save yet or not, but going through 5 chapters is a lot of work. I was thinking.. would it help if I provided a save for the point where the crash occurs? That way you'll only have to save again after a few lines =)