News:

Although Kureha One is an international community, posts should be made in English. JP/CN/KR is only tolerated for topics where the original media was in JP/CN/KR.
Posting in other languages will result in account termination with extreme prejudice without notice.

Main Menu

[VN] Steins;Gate

Started by Ivan, September 16, 2011, 04:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geckoey Lurker

Download & Upload en route, will take up to 6~12 hours at least.. Well, give it a day at best.

Sindrase

Hey, I've run into another problem. The game worked fine until chapter 5 after I used the save that you provided, but it crashes once again at the start of chapter 5 at the desert scene right after the following texts: "I try to move my eyes." "They move this time."

While searching for a solution I came across someone who had the same problem. Apparently, the person resolved the problem by altering the nsb file of that scene. The part of the scene where the crash occurred was deleted using sgtools and nipa2.exe. I don't quite understand this solution.. How does this work?

As an alternative, a save would be really appreciated.

Geckoey Lurker

Simple. Download the SGTools, extract the files somewhere. Copy-paste your nss.npa (in s;g's installation folder) to where you extracted the files and run "1_Decompile NSS.bat", let it finish, get the needed .nsb files and copy-paste them into the folder "nss". And start "1_Compile NSS.bat", let it finish, and copy-paste the nss.npa back into your S;G's installation folder. This is implying you have the needed .nsb and .map files.

I'm interested in seeing those files, the non-crashy ones. Would like to figure out why its doing this, but hard without the unbuggy files.

Hope that helped you.
-

Upload finished.
> Mediafire Folder : http://www.mediafire.com/?mk9oaawhkw9wb

Sindrase

I don't have the .nsb and .map files. I can't even seem to find a download location for SGTools.

Maybe a save would be better?

Fantasia

Geckoey Lurker

Odd, why was that "?" a "#" . . . *fix his link as well.

@Sindrase,
I can provide a save afterward that part but it's probably gonna happens again later so a fix would be better.
Also, will take a bit before I can get the save >Have to go all the way there in his game.

Sindrase

I'll wait for the save. And thanks a lot.
I don't think it'll happen again, because according to the person I mentioned before, the chapter 5 crash was the last one.

mehtor

This may be a stupid question so I apologize in advance.

I'm wondering if there is a way to make the game go completely fullscreen. Press F/choosing fullscreen in-game keeps the game at the same size (just with huge black borders on top/bottom)

Geckoey Lurker

I don't think so, I think that'll depend on whether or not your screen is.. well, square or rectangular.. honestly, the game would looks probably quite ugly if it filled a square screen when the original isn't squarey unless they got the game ready for that or something. That's a weird explanation, meh. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

mahou

I'm wondering if there is a way to make the game go completely fullscreen. Press F/choosing fullscreen in-game keeps the game at the same size (just with huge black borders on top/bottom)

Just set your desktop resolution to whatever the maximum resolution possible is ingame for Steins;Gate. Most VNs have a max resolution of either 800x600 or 1024x768. And if it's neither of those just try all the resolutions your computer is capable of until the screen is fully filled ingame.

mehtor

Just set your desktop resolution to whatever the maximum resolution possible is ingame for Steins;Gate. Most VNs have a max resolution of either 800x600 or 1024x768. And if it's neither of those just try all the resolutions your computer is capable of until the screen is fully filled ingame.
Tried that, none of the resolutions available to me fixed it. (800x600 up till 1920x1080) 800x600 actually gives an error when trying to use it, though I have no idea what it means (it's in Japanese obviously)

Closest I can get is maximizing it from task manager while in windowed mode. This stretches it to full screen. Only problem is it seems to think the UI is in original position, so using mouse to select things doesn't work quite right and you have to rely on arrow keys/short cuts (or a lot of guessing on where the button would be in normal positioning)

megs

SG runs native at 16x9 1024x540,  because that's the native resolution it was designed for. I do not believe there is any way to for it to fill 4:3 and 16:10 monitors, because once again it was not designed for those resolutions.

Geckoey Lurker

This confirms what I thought then, thanks megs.

The font problem thingie I last mentioned is still happening. I know the problems is with the Custom Fonts once you switch the original font names in the scripts to the custom ones, because I tried directly modifying the original font and everything work perfectly.. I could go with just doin' this but I know an hefty amount of games (mostly VNs) and websites in SHIFT-JIS that are using said fonts and I don't want a random accented letter to appear instead of the appropriate kanji. I noticed the same problem appears in the spanish translation, I wonder if they found any workaround.. or is that just happening to me for some reason? =/

Could be there is another spot where it ask for the font(s)?

@Sindrase, Oh god, sorry I completely forgot about the save. I'll get to it eventually.

Sindrase

Don't worry about it. Take your time.

poxitron

I finally solved the problems with the fonts. I made new fonts which doesn't replaces the original msgothic. It seems that the problem of the space after the accented characters was a problem with values of the font properties.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

I've completed the prologue and I haven't found any problem, the font doesn't change, doesn't disappear. All works perfectly.

Geckoey Lurker, if you want the font or any other file, I can upload it.