News:

Remember folks Kureha One hops IPs every 72hrs so try clearing your DNS if you can't find the page.

Main Menu

[VN] Steins;Gate

Started by Ivan, September 16, 2011, 04:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geckoey Lurker

You're gonna have to whipe your saves for that. Stupid engine saves text in it.

Sindrase

The game crashes in chapter 1 when Okabe and Daru are talking to kurisu for the first time.

http://s1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee429/Sindrase/?action=view&current=Crash.jpg

Any way to get past this crash? Or could someone give me a game save for a point a little ahead of the part shown in the screenshot? I'm using the V.1_3 english patch.

Sindrase

hello ,

im having problem at the scene where okabe meet kurisu again at ATF ( chap 1 ) , just after daru show his messages from okabe when he use the microwave phone for the first time .

i played through plologue just fine though ...

i tried to unzip archive using 7-zip , set the locale ito japanese before installing ( in regional and language options , right ? ) , install it on a fresh , untouched game , choose the game directory outside program files .......

what did i miss here ...

and sorry for my bad english

^This is my problem.
I've tried reinstalling the game and deleting the save files, but nothing worked. Can someone please give me a save file for a place some lines ahead of that particular part? I've searched everywhere, but couldn't find one..

duchung145

Hi. I'm playing this VN and now I need the tool name nipa2 to unpack some file to adjust

Geckoey Lurker

I'm late, but I was only taking quick glances at the forum for a week or two now. Anyhow,

@Sindrase
If you still need a save after the part + the text of whatever happen in-between, heck I could record it, I can give you it. Give me the word, and I'll get 'em ready. Wish I could tell how to fix that bug instead though, but I'm out of ideas for debugging now.

@duchung145
You probably got the files now, especially since you can find 'em only a page behind on a post where I uploaded 'em.

Of course, the program is open-source so there is no problem unless Nagato says anything.

I'll upload the tools and put them on here. Here you go, get it while its hot. <-- THIS IS A LINK!

Note that I might have typed "open-source" above,
  but the only source code I have is of the compiler and not of the converter and injector. (Its in C btw)

Anyway, I'm stalling the project for now. I'll still work on it from time to time and all.
But I think it might be better to just give the flag to someone else while I actually learn the proper ways to do things, so if anyone want to continue it, then go ahead. I'll upload what I have done up to until now since last fix release at some point which.. is not much. *Well fuck, I just noticed I forget to back-up cleaned and edited images, I lost those.. Someone tell me why I put those in a different folder than my project's one, that was overly stupid.

>Files (.7z) under upload. Ze done.
>http://www.mediafire.com/?5dq77c55e8i0f7f
(Note that you might want to change the start-up image, as I had it pre-ready in advance for the final version which
most-likely won't come from me anymore)

Also, for whoever interested, this *MIGHT* fix the True Ending's freezing bug : http://www.mediafire.com/?berb91snc2f33t4 (drag and drop)
I have absolutely no idea however because I don't personally get it, so give me news about it.

Sindrase

@Geckoey Lurker - Yes, I still need the save. I actually began playing Majikoi once I gave up on finding one. The text or recording would be appreciated, but it's not required if it's a bother. Thanks.

Geckoey Lurker

Working on it. Thinking about it, are you using a partial patch with the V1_3? I can see not all your images are translated, odd.

Here's the save : http://www.mediafire.com/?uckdlaj1nmpp340 (Extract in %appdata%)
And here's the video recording :

Sindrase

I'm using the patch provided on the first page of this thread. And thanks a lot for the save :)

Geckoey Lurker

Well, I guess that's normal if you only used option B in the Auto-Patcher.

Most welcome anyhow.

Shijie

Thanks to everyone that worked/is working on this translation! I just finished 100% completion and it was absolutely amazing.

Along the way, I figured I would translate the visual walkthrough/tree diagram, since no one else seems to have done so.
The translations should match up with the English patch localizations, though I localized a few names differently just for personal taste. I don't mind if they get changed, though.
http://www.mediafire.com/?ztqiw7qcrd0nw5a
If someone is willing to edit the files and make it look pretty, I would be much obliged.

Also, I found a couple (minor) bugs in the phone.txt script:
In chapter 7, en route to the true end, if you reply to Kurisu's mail with "House", you don't receive further mails from her.
Here is the relevant line and a fix:
<02253060> RM_From_CRS07_02_B"õ,¢,ÆŒ¾,¦,Î
<02253060> RM_From_CRS07_02_B

The other bug is also in chapter 7, with Kurisu's mail [Re: Weak].
The mail is reply-able, but the replies aren't highlighted.
<02253932> About three years ago when I rode a roller coaster, Mama was sitting next to me, so I clung to her to avoid the impact and ended up putting her into a sleeper hold. This proved I wasn't weak.
<02253932> About three years ago when I rode a $rsroller coaster$re, Mama was sitting next to me, so I clung to her to avoid the impact and ended up putting her into a sleeper hold. This proved I wasn't $rsweak$re.

If there's anything I can do, or if there are any questions about the choice tree guides, please let me know!

Geckoey Lurker

Executable with above bug-fixes here.

Thanks, Shijie. Wonder what that extra japanese part was doing there..

hyper

I've been avoiding spoiler all this time. Finally I (mostly) finish the game, so I decided to register and give a few thanks here also.

Thanks Geckoey Lurker for putting this together. I know you take no credit on the script, but the way I see it you did put a lot of time on this nonetheless. Thanks everyone here on the bug caching also.

I'll certainly buy this game. Gotta wait a bit and see how the official English version goes. If it's getting too long I'll just bought the online (Japanese) version.

Oh and thanks Shijie for the fix and the chart. I've been wondering about that mail for a while. Let's see if I can get 100% now.

MartyMc.Fly

I have a question:
On the file "Nipa2 Tools by Nagato.7zip",the file nipa2.c,what is it? I understand only who is file compiled on linguage C.

Geckoey Lurker

The nipa2.c file is the source code of nipa2.exe, ignore it if you don't program at all.

MartyMc.Fly

Then as I thought it was.Thanks.
Another question:
The file video with the subtitle(for example "prologue01.ngs"),the extension .nsg,as open it?