News:

Remember folks Kureha One hops IPs every 72hrs so try clearing your DNS if you can't find the page.

Main Menu

[VN] Steins;Gate

Started by Ivan, September 16, 2011, 04:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

medicometalero

on that part when he is reading the john titors posts i need to scroll down but i only have a touchpad
my pc is Toshiba A300
if anyone knows how to scroll down please say  ;D ;D ;D

you can do 1 of 3 things:
a) buy a usb mouse with scroll.
b) in my experience, you just have to click a lot to make the posts go down.
c) select the option "skip unread text" or something like that in the options menu, and you will be able to scroll/skip the posts by pressing CTRL

hope it helps!

saihamaru

i've finished all endings, but i'm still missing 1 CG, the very last CG in the album
can anyone tell me how to get it? thx
[Signature removed because it was outdated]

Geckoey Lurker

The last CG was already established, no one seems to know how to get it.  :-\ All I know is that it involves cake.

Fixed PC and RL problems, beginning to work on the patch at full motor again.

Note : This automatic line-breaking when there is more than one space is becoming a real pain.

Edit : 15/02/2012 V.1_3 Fixes here. - Just extract files to main folder and overwrite.
//Changed link with working movies library one, but untranslated. again.
It fixes most of the typos and grammar errors reported, translate the 3 previously non-translated song titles -- Skyclad Observer, Farfalla of Fate and Masquerade -- also fix the song title not showing properly in the player at a cost (tildes.. again, need to find a way to fix that) and also repaired some windows skip. As for the game freezing at some parts, there seems to be nothing wrong in the text scripts and code scripts for them.. those parts work just fine here as well, I will continue checking though.

Also, the movies.. it seems that the titles themselves aren't literally written in the scripts, but only their files names. I guessed those get replaced with their original names in a way or another and thus I replaced them with the fitting titles, I didn't get to test those though since I have to skip through the whole game again to get access to the movies extras, so chances are that part might be crashy, you guys tell me if possible.

For whoever that might be interested in a bit more of information, take a look here.

megs

Also, the movies.. it seems that the titles themselves aren't literally written in the scripts, but only their files names. I guessed those get replaced with their original names in a way or another and thus I replaced them with the fitting titles, I didn't get to test those though since I have to skip through the whole game again to get access to the movies extras, so chances are that part might be crashy, you guys tell me if possible.

With my old saves the changes to the movie player file names broke the player. Nearly all of the videos don't play now. Instead the screen goes black momentarily and it takes you back to the movie player right after. Also it did not change the names as they appear on screen either. So I'm guessing something did not go right or all saves have to be discarded & everything redone for these to function correctly.  :-\

Geckoey Lurker

I'm guessing the code did rely on those to seek the files after all, the same thing was appearing somewhere else in the file. I'll try through there instead. Don't bother backing up your saves and redoing the whole thing, unless you really want to. Taking care of it already.

I'll put up a fix with them working. Thanks.

EDIT :
Here you go. : http://www.mediafire.com/?znzctdx0opw359f This is pretty much the same thing, but without the movies library altered. //fixed french text

I have two other files for the movies' titles to test, I'll put them up for you guys to test soon.
There you go. The first one.. annd the second one here. Note : Not ALL of the titles should be translated either, since I'm trying to guess that file name = this one.

The first one is a simple replacement of text, and the second one I tried to change a small part of the code to show strings instead. Risqué, but worth the try.

Blanchimont

For whoever that might be interested in a bit more of information, take a look here.
For now, I'm only getting this for the link;
...000webhost.com is currently checking this website for malicious content. ...

Geckoey Lurker

o.0

What the hell. I never uploaded anything illegal on my website, and I can still access it just fine.
Well, confirmed it with a few friends. Odd that I can still access it, I'm not worrying too much though since the site is 100% legit.

Meanwhile, here is the post in question then :
[spoiler]I didn't write anything here in a while, and for good reason.. My computer's memory RAM sticks had fried up, I have no idea how that happen and it was also the first time I heard of those frying up, nonetheless I got two new ones at a decent price.

Now that I got access to my computer once again, I'll be able to focus on projects and studies again. Also, real-life problems have been dealt with, so now is the time for me to concentrate on everything. Wonder about the title by the way? Partial? What does that mean? Well, partial because I'll be pretty much focusing on 5 things at the same time -- not literally -- Working on the english patch, S;G Translation, Learning Japanese, Programming and Games/VNs.. also gonna have to begin exercising, my health is degrading at the moment and I'm not at my best, but that's to be kept to myself.

I don't have much to say honestly. Oh right! A bit earlier, I spent around an hour or so on the patch and released a V1_3 fix on K1. Here it is : http://www.mediafire.com/?znzctdx0opw359f Simply extract it to S;G's installation folder and overwrite. [Changed link to one with working movies lib.]

While I'm at it, here are the current "problems/technicalities" and things left to do/fix :

- The engine act really weirdly toward spaces in the code scripts, if there happens to be more than one space in a string; one or multiple of the spaces will be interpreted as a line break or more simply as a <br />
So far this is countered by changing them with tildes (or anything but spaces), but as you can guess.. it's not very aesthetically pleasant and many people, myself included, use tildes to emphasis on some kind of tone(s). I have yet to figure if the problem come from the compiler itself or the way the engine is coded.. and I only have the source for the compiler.

- There appears to be some freezing bug at two parts of the games, maybe more, but only two exact places were reported. I took a look into them, but nothing seems to be wrong in both the text scripts and code scripts of these, and I don't personally get that bug which make it harder to hunt down. It might also be related to the operating system of the reader, just a theory though and might be completely false.

- The titles of the movies library seem to be coded kind of weirdly, though comprehensible. I havn't had the chance to test that one just yet though. All I can say is that if I'm not wrong, for some reason the titles aren't literally typed in, but only their files names by which are switched to their original titles at some point. The above fix might translate some of them, but as I said earlier -> no chance to test it yet <- which might explain it if the movies lib. is suddenly crashy AFTER applying the fix.

- The tips' pop-up seem to utterly refuse to get translated.

- Images are still left to be cleaned, edited and translated.

- Typos and grammar errors, but those will always be around and I am no expert of the english language.. though I might intend to become one.

(- Injecting accents for the other version)

That is all for now, I don't think I forgot anything. Alright, talk to you guys again later.

Note that I am open to any available help, and that if you know an engine hacker that might be more experienced than I am.. please do tell me or try to get him in touch with me, it would be most appreciated. > I'm a complete beginner. I don't have much of an idea where to look for them either.[/spoiler]

Note : Seem like you can still access the website just fine with Chrome, but Firefox and IE doesn't work though. Is it just me?

medicometalero

Thanks again! I´ll try them in a while and let you know how they worked.

But... I have a question:

Where can I see the CG library? I´ve checked the whole menu and still can´t find it  :-\
Maybe it´s cause I haven´t completed some achievement??

megs

I'm guessing the code did rely on those to seek the files after all, the same thing was appearing somewhere else in the file. I'll try through there instead. Don't bother backing up your saves and redoing the whole thing, unless you really want to. Taking care of it already.

I'll put up a fix with them working. Thanks.

Thanks for the quick fix and your continued work on this project. After playing 60+ hours I'm going to take a break from the game and work on a few projects I've got on the back burner.

Geckoey Lurker

@medicometalero
I havn't checked nor tested, but it's either :
- You have to complete at least one ending before you can get access to the CG Extras.
or
- You must see a certain numbers of CGs before it showing up in the extras menu.

@megs
Most welcome, have fun working on your projects :P

Blanchimont

I didn't write anything here in a while, and for good reason.. My computer's memory RAM sticks had fried up, I have no idea how that happen and it was also the first time I heard of those frying up, nonetheless I got two new ones at a decent price.
Power outage/-spike/lightning strike/spike from modem could very well cause issues like fried RAM, if unlucky. That's why I use ups (uninterrupted power supply). The one I have is FSP UPS EP2000.

Noisy as hell. And ugly too. But does it's job. And if a power outage seems to take too long (happened this Christmas when there was a storm, and I was in Sweden...)  takes automatic measures to shut down the computer in safe manner.

Geckoey Lurker

Power outage/-spike/lightning strike/spike from modem could very well cause issues like fried RAM, if unlucky. That's why I use ups (uninterrupted power supply). The one I have is FSP UPS EP2000.

Sounds plausible, though the latest outage was quite a bit ago. Think the RAM could have fried overtime after it? I know I had noticed random slow-downs a few times, but paid it no mind as they were really slights.

We don't get many outages here, if only one per year usually. I might get one anyway, better be safe.. and noise isn't a problem.
Thanks for that nice bit of information. :o

megs

RAM chip failure is not that uncommon. After hard drive & power supply failure, memory chips are the next most common hardware failure. Usually it's just one chip that dies, thou most in computers pairs are used to enable dual channel support. If there was no visible sign on damage it's possible that one of the sticks is still good. Next time a memory stick appears to be defective you should visit http://www.memtest86.com and download the latest bootable ISO image. Then burn it and boot off the disc to determine which stick is bad. It's also a good idea to run this diagnostics tool on a new set to assure maximum system stability.

Geckoey Lurker

RAM chip failure is not that uncommon. After hard drive & power supply failure, memory chips are the next most common hardware failure. Usually it's just one chip that dies, thou most in computers pairs are used to enable dual channel support. If there was no visible sign on damage it's possible that one of the sticks is still good. Next time a memory stick appears to be defective you should visit http://www.memtest86.com and download the latest bootable ISO image. Then burn it and boot off the disc to determine which stick is bad. It's also a good idea to run this diagnostics tool on a new set to assure maximum system stability.

I've already done that test beforehand actually, and what surprised me was that both of them were very well fried. It would have been sense if at least one was still working just fine, but nay, both? I just find this quite odd, I might have been unlucky. Thanks for the information & concern guys btw, though me being me I don't like derailing a topic too much.

Anyhow, sorry guys, no progress on patch today. I've had a constant headache for a few days now which make it a no-no since I don't sem think very straight today. I did fix a few typos, but as for the actual hacking nothing today.

NanayaEmiya

@Geckoey Lurker
Thanks kindly man! 8), the patch (w/o the movie stuff) seems working well on mine.
So just to clarify, If we apply the patch with the movie alteration, do we need to delete all save data to see the changes in the titles?
And another thing (though I just want to ask something trivial), how come you didn't use the Daga reference in the translation? I played it again (F.skip) and went through the first few chapters (I haven't deleted all my prev saves yet). In particular, the "daga kotowaru" meme is still texted as "nope.avi". Saving it for v1.4 patch?

Anyways, you have my compliment coming down this far translating S;G.
...本当にありがとう... 私の友人
"...So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works!"