News:

Remember folks Kureha One hops IPs every 72hrs so try clearing your DNS if you can't find the page.

Main Menu

[VN] Steins;Gate

Started by Ivan, September 16, 2011, 04:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sindrase

Ah thanks for the quick reply, but it still crashes after about 2 lines :S It gives some runtime error, saying that it terminated in an unexpected way. What happens after this? Is it nearly over?

Geckoey Lurker

It is nearly over indeed, the same kind of Scene as to before the save reappears. Seems there is some difficulties with loading certain images or their effects (moving, etc) I have no clue as to what is causing it though.. could be hardware issue just as it could be software. :/

Since the VN ends right after said scene, do you want me to records it for you? (or Text, both works too)

Sindrase

A video would  be great :) Thanks.
If possible could you include the part in the spoiler as well?

Geckoey Lurker

Sindrase

Thanks a lot. I've never had as much trouble with a VN before, but with your help I was able to play through it. Thanks again :)

Stallion

Total scrub with VN's, extracted the files on to my desktop and tried to just click on the Steins;Gate icon to play. Got to the main page, but after I push the play button the game fades black and then goes back to the main page. Can I get some help here?

Geckoey Lurker

Put your computer into japanese locale people. I said that more than 10 times now, can someone edit the first post to includes that (Thanks in advance) : (Or even make a sticky topic for that or something)
""" You MUST play, install & patch in Japanese Locale this game just like most other VNs out there, Steins;Gate being a bit more of a special case from the others since you literally can't play unless you do so. Playing in any other locale to my knowledge will simply get you stuck in a loop on the main menu. Here is how if you don't know (For Windows 7):

1 - Click the "Start button".
2 - Click "Control Panel".
3 - Click "Clock, Language, and Region".
4 - Click "Regional and Language Options".
5 - Click the "Admnistrative tab".
6 - Click "Change system locale" under "Language for non-Unicode programs (System Locale)
7 - Change actual regional parameters to "Japanese (Japan)" then Restart now.

There is an alternative known as "AppLocale" that doesn't require you to switch locales everytime if you want to try it out. I don't use it personally, but here's the HongFire post for it. """

If that doesn't fix it then I don't know sadly.

Stallion

many thanks, it worked. i guess i just changed the time zone to japan's instead of changing the whole system.

thatonedude21

Does anyone know where I can download the OST to this VN? I really like the music :D

Geckoey Lurker

thatonedude21

I'm not sure which one of those I should download XD lol

Geckoey Lurker

All of them, obviously! They're all good.

thatonedude21

That's a ton of space XD but alrighty! Will do!

Ottumon

Does this visual novel use OpenGL?

I have this weird issue with my computer that some games, at random times, lock up the whole pc forcing me to restart. Steins;Gate seems to be one of them.

I'm suspecting it has something to do with OpenGL, since I have this issue with Team Fortress Classic and switching from OpenGL mode to Direct3D stopped it. Also, Osmos' FAQ seems to indicate it can be switched to Direct3D to fix OpenGL issues. It seems that this does not happen under safe mode; I was able to run Osmos for quite a while (with horrible fps, obviously.)

Also, thanks for your hard work, even though I cannot seem to play.

vytcka

Could you give me the walktrough of the game? I have done 86.23% in the story.Achievement 76%. I don't know how to do the true ending. Could someone give me the vid or something like that to show me how to do the true ending? In the 9 chapter of kurisu I don't get nearly all of the messages in that chapter.