News:

Although Kureha One is an international community, posts should be made in English. JP/CN/KR is only tolerated for topics where the original media was in JP/CN/KR.
Posting in other languages will result in account termination with extreme prejudice without notice.

Main Menu

Tea's Discussions

Started by Green_Tea, May 31, 2010, 11:06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green_Tea

Another day, another sleepless night downloading stuff I want.

Ookami was only 2 episodes so I decided not to. Ended up having to defrag my HDD again because  of the mass downloads I poured into my desktop. Again I forgot to shift everything into the next partition meaning I lagged for about 2 hours while downloading due to HDD space-lacking on the OS partition. I'm pretty lax about my anime, so I decided while I was still sleep-sober that I should do my VN/H-games download, otherwise I'd end up downloading weird shit I don't want.

This is going to be fun.

Shion
Raidy
Piece of Wonder
Swan Song
Cosplay Alien
Words Worth
Night Master
waitwhat? Blah. Something.
Hinata Bokko
Some Lilith Maid game and Princess Eris.

EDIT: I tried to report myself to the moderator, but it didn't work out. I guess I'm used to the edit button being at the bottom, lol. I tried downloading her style, until it said it would take 2+ hours for one part of the thing with each time having to enter that stupid hotfile captcha, and 13 parts. T_____________T I might end up buying the game if this continues.

Kureha

Well, there is no moderator on this part of the forums.
[url="https://ko-fi.com/chi_chan"]
[/url]

invictus

... what exactly is her style? O.O I've never heard of it...

Yossarian762

Hinata Bokko was pretty much unplayable due to the terrible translation. Kind of a shame, the art was rather nice...

Kureha

I thought it was ok enough and played through the whole game.
[/url]

Green_Tea

Meh, if I could play through almost a whole route of shit trans Edelweiss...

Also, Dark Translation isn't exactly great, given it has it's own style.

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou +plus for spoilers.

So this'll be the first anime review I'm typing up. If people like I'll continue with other stuff, but meanwhile since I just finished watching I'll share a few thoughts on it.

I have to say it started off superb. A boy of great morale fibre and sense of justice as the main character was nice. I mean most of the time you don't see that sort of stuff anymore seeing as the badass-I-only-want-to-save-my-friends archtype of Main Character is far more popular. People in the modern world don't seem to like extremes, or probably more that they can't identify with the extreme type MC's because of the absence of quality in the main characters of most stories. I mean I have to say most of them annoy me (Shirou - FSN), don't leave much of an impression (well if I could remember them I wouldn't have put them in this list anyway), make me hate them (Makoto -School Days), have giant gaping wounds festering with cliches (Strawberry-faggot, Naruto etc). Barely any of them stick to their starting criteria (like Akuto here) and almost none of them are cool (Shiki - Tsukihime was a rare exception). The few that dare to be different are shunned into minority popularities, such as Shinji (who, admittedly, was created to be hated), and Takumi (Chaos;Head. The game was great. He was awesome.) are examples. I mean sure they're shit-heads most of the time. But the fact that all you faggots out there who hate them can't be much better under the same, or even better circumstances-

Wow I really went off topic. Basically, Akuto was awesome till they morphed him into just another shounen MC without so much as an explanation. In fact a lot of things in this anime were explained. I don't have the data to say whether or not they cut truckloads of it out, or they wanted the audience to extrapolate most of the details with their imaginations (which can actually be very effective when done properly) but too much was left out; and this was especially noticable with character development. When I think back on it, why does Akuto, who claimed he wanted to be High Priest at the beginning of the show, do all those kinds of things which conflicted with his goal? I mean Junko said it at the start: even littering can fuck up that career choice.

Also, was it a harem end, or did he even love any of them? No. I can't say I thought he did, except maybe Junko. Why did he save Keina when they had next to no relationship development? There was no logic or emotion behind the choice: during late-mid/early-end, the anime got really boring for me who searches for an emotional connection with the characters. Sure, it might be that the genre doesn't require that kind of stuff, but if you're going to put in shit don't put it in halfway. So a huge con in this show was that it lacked the required screen time for development. It really screwed it up for the whole show I think. There were a few other minor details that were hateful, but in all seriousness the show would have been fantastic if it wasn't for this: It had a good balance of serious/humour, fun characters and a plot/theme that could be explored with both humour and seriousness. Basically, I think it could have been another Code Geass given 48 episodes.

However it was only given a mere 13 and tried to fit everything in CG into 13 episodes. Think of how much you miss out. Getting bored typing shit up. Besides, it wasn't that great. Worth a watch, not a keeper.

invictus

Hinata Bokko... felt so very generic... somehow I just couldn't get into it... nothing to do with the translations... I think the intro was just too long for me.

Kureha

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou is an ongoing multiple volume light novel series from what I heard due to budget and episode constraints they really butchered things up to make things fit, the ending is actually more like a reset than an ending because technically it hasn't ended in the novels either.
[/url]

Green_Tea

Yeah. It had that kinda feeling to it.

Too bad it's not a project on Baka Tsuki. I know I'd love reading such a classy story. Seriously, there was elegance in there.

invictus

indeed, given the 13 episode constraint, it could have been a lot worse... I mean of course the stories gonna get butchered... if you tried to compress Code Geass into 13 episodes and modified the ending to be super inconclusive... I think you'd get a pretty bad anime too... at very least the characters were interesting... the art and animation was interesting... the story wasn't bad up until the point all the girls fell head over heels in love with him without reason... and the childhood friend somehow turned into some kinda deux ex machina device... and the evil organization suddenly turned into one weird time traveling person who is trying to kill the gods or something like that... I could go on and on.... but basically the root of all these wrongs is lack of time for development... (and a proper conclusion)...

you can feel it even more sharply... how badly the anime was butchered if you read the manga... there's only like 10 or 12 or something chapters but you can already tell...

Green_Tea

Thank god I'm learning Japanese, that's all I have to say. Light novels here I come.

Green_Tea

I got sick of looking at the blank icons for those old mangagamer games (I have a nicely colourful shorcuts folder for all my H-games) so I made one for each.

They're usable, but I'm sure I'm gonna put a lot more effort into privately constructed "theme" icon sets.

This includes:

My sex slave is a classmate
Sandwiched between my wife and her sister
Suck my dick or die.

Kureha

speaking of blanks, your signiture is a x again
[/url]

Green_Tea

Misaki or Ryouko is next. Or Piko now.

Speaking of Piko, I'm watching Arakawa Under the Bridge. It's good too, and there are a few comments I feel like making.

>Is that Onizuka?
>Now I know what Hiroshima dialect sounds like.
>Now I want to speak like that.
>Piko is cute. Best VA. Ever.
>Maki for life.
>Everytime Nino is mentioned I think of El Nino. The weather phenomenon.
>It's a funny anime. A lot like Gintama.

inferno_flamex

Hey.. but i kinda enjoyed watching that.. Ichiban Daimaou.. anime.. thing.. >_>

Suuuree.. Too much stuffs goes on unexplained...

I agree about the high priest > 'savior of freedom' thing...
But for a 12ep anime.. I think its one of the few that's quite well done...

PS.
CUrrently watching Seto no Hanayome... if anyone's interested..
Im finding this at least 5 times more enjoyable than Daimaou... Despite the lower 'echiness'... Guess you dont need much 'H' to make me smile XDD

Oh yeah.. Kame no Maid Guy is farkin awesome... Tea you should try that one.