News:

Remember folks Kureha One hops IPs every 72hrs so try clearing your DNS if you can't find the page.

Main Menu

[H-Game][RPG] Rance -Hikari wo Motomete-

Started by Mana, January 21, 2011, 09:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mana

Original Title: ランス -光をもとめてー
Translated Title: Rance -Quest for Hikari-
Developer: AliceSoft
Release Date: 15/07/1989

VNDB

Description:
The story is pretty simple - Hikari ("Light"), the red haired girl that you see in an opening clip, has been kidnapped. And Rance get the mission from his boss (the bald guy) to investigate the case. Rance is something like a detective in this story. This also turns the whole game more into a detective like exploring than into rpg or more less rpg/strategy to which the gamers of the latter games of the series are used.Rance isn't alone in his job he has a helper - 16 year old Sill helps him. She actually is Rance's slave. She was from a rich family but alter got kidnapped by some bandit and the sold in an auction. The one who bought her was Rance of course.

Now with her help you (Rance) have to solve this mystery, bring Hikari back and pay back the one's that are at fault.

Game:
Mediafire

Translation project:
http://rancetranslationproject.blogspot.com/?zx=4347609483b94dc9

Apart from a direct link to their translation project, which I missed, the translation team asked me to place a warning due to some problems with the translation itself:

1) This game is not fully completed because of bugs and errors in text.

2) Bugs include words going out of the text box and staying there, the maps turning red, and that some images are not edited because of their format.

sazabi

old game is old, that picture looks like a doujin circles, first attempt at a doujin

Bernkastel

old game is old, that picture looks like a doujin circles, first attempt at a doujin

The internet police will be contacting you shortly. I'm afraid making comments about anything Rance-related that don't consist of praise and/or worship for the wielder of the imperial juice-dispensing hyper weapon is a serious violation.
*cackle* and whatnot.

NoSense

Oh, the internet is some kind of dictatorship with no freedom of expression?
Please don't mind me. Most of the time I don't make much sense... and mostly I don't even try to.

laplacian

Yes, especially you as time traveler should already know this!!

NoSense

Well, a traveler doesn't have to be that familiar with the time and space he's living in after traveling... it's just like taking a holiday in a foreign country.
Please don't mind me. Most of the time I don't make much sense... and mostly I don't even try to.

Mana

It's common sense that it only gets good on the 4th or 5th game.

Thousand

Interesting, the release date is close to the date that i was born in lol. Anyway, is this in english or completly Japanese?

sengoku7

Since it is an old game you cant expect it to look or be as good as the later Rance games. Technology from then and now are completely different.

Mana

Because we were completely talking about graphics and not the gameplay itself.

Yossarian762

Because we were completely talking about graphics and not the gameplay itself.

It looks like he was responding to this post most likely:

...which doesn't mention gameplay.

Mana

And a cover is totally related to a game's graphics.

NoSense

Hmm...
A cover's intention is to draw people, so mostly it is made to look better than the game itself, or at least to be more flashy.

Mana

NoSense

Well, do you prefer a crappy picture or early 8Bit-Graphics? (Ok, I myself would go for the 8Bit)
But at least it's more flashy than one ingame screen.