News:

Official forum emails are from kouduki_sinon@yahoo.com.tw, but please don't send emails there, mostly likely you won't get a reply.

Main Menu

[H-VN] Kanon

Started by Mana, February 21, 2010, 06:53:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mana

Complete Title: Kanon ~Standard Edition~
Developer: Key
Release Date: 2004/11/26

Official / Getchu / VNDB

Description:
Yuuichi Aizawa, a high school student, returns to a town that he last visited 7 years previously to live with his aunt and cousin. For a reason he's not quite sure of, he can hardly remember anything about his last visit, but initially this doesn't seem to worry him too much.

The day after he arrives he goes into town where he (literally) bumps into a girl named Ayu Tsukimiya, and Yuuichi's memories slowly begin to return.

Game:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

Translation project:
Non-Directional Translations

Translation patch:
Download

PS2 version voice patch:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15

Before anyone complains about the compression method that was used, when I RAR'd/7ZIP'd the voice files using their maximum compression settings, the compressed files became larger than 1.6GB, while on ZIPX they are 1.36GB, which saved me a couple of hours on the upload.

To install the voice patch, you just need to extract the "KOE" folder into the game folder.

Guide:
GameFAQs

gimlianon

Razkil

the patch from non-directional has a readme file... it lists the locations you can download the voice files already at 22500kbs or HQ voices, the HQ voices are 1.3 gigs.

inferno_flamex

*cough..
Ehem...

Uguuu~

... .... ...

I just had to do that.. XDDD

Mana

the patch from non-directional has a readme file... it lists the locations you can download the voice files already at 22500kbs or HQ voices, the HQ voices are 1.3 gigs.

This are higher quality, uncompressed audio files ripped from the PS2 version, also mentioned on that same readme, but you had to rip them yourself. If anyone doesn't like them, then they can simply convert them into another format compatible with the game

@inferno_flamex: It's understandable. lol

Yossarian762

Anybody have a full save file, or at least one with Mai's arc done? Wanna do the Sayuri mini-route but I'm not terribly interested in Mai  :P

Jaooooo~

Sayuri's minroute is very disappointing, especially so since I left it for last.

EDIT: http://rapidshare.com/files/448096995/SAVEDATA.7z This is my save folder, one of those saves should be just before the branch to Sayuri, but it happens pretty damn far into Mai's route. My installation of Kanon screwed up a bit though, so I can't promise this will work.
ze!

Yossarian762

That doesn't sound encouraging but thanks anyway, I'll give it a try :)

edit: Didn't work. I'll just play through it like a normal person.

omega supreme

mixed feelings with this one, it as good and bad story too.

laplacian

mixed feelings with this one, it as good and bad story too.

Well it's one of Key's earlier works, so if you're going to compare it with the likes of Clannad, it wont be a favourable comparison ofc. But for the time it came out, it aint too bad tbh, and it's still enjoyable nowadays.

Jaooooo~

I actually liked it over Clannad, but I think that's because it was my first dating sim.

And I'm an Ayu fanboy.
ze!

sazabi

Sayuri's minroute is very disappointing, especially so since I left it for last.

i would have liked it to have been a bit longer, of course a full route would have been great

Jaooooo~

i would have liked it to have been a bit longer, of course a full route would have been great

Same. She's a really good character. It's kind of ironic where the four minutes of backstory you get in the anime adaption succesfully adapts your route fully.
ze!