News:

Official forum emails are from kouduki_sinon@yahoo.com.tw, but please don't send emails there, mostly likely you won't get a reply.

Main Menu

[VN] Steins;Gate

Started by Ivan, September 16, 2011, 04:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geckoey Lurker

I cannot help on this side sadly, I know absolutely nothing when it come to videos and even less about videos decoding/encoding.

MartyMc.Fly

I cannot help on this side sadly, I know absolutely nothing when it come to videos and even less about videos decoding/encoding.
For encoding/decoding of the videos,not is a problem,i know make,but the file .ngs is as the .npa,is a archive.Whitout the program,i can't open this file  :-\

Geckoey Lurker

I meant literally what I said, thus I do not have any decompilers nor the knowledge to make a decompiler for the .ngs movies files, heck, I didn't even knew they were archives since I didn't need to tinker with them at all. If you need a decompiler for them, you're gonna have to find someone that can make one. I'm guessing the original translation team have tools for that or an upgraded nipa2, but as far as I know they weren't released to the public.

I can't help more than this, not that I did help.

MartyMc.Fly

thanks anyway. I will send an email to the team.

Skibblu

Heyyy. I stumbled upon this thread while I was trying to patch images with nipa2 (because I'm an idiot and didn't know could not locate file was due to the Japanese locale thing. OMGGG)

Anyways, before I keep rambling on about the woes of trying to make this game work, my game keeps crashing on Chapter 1 when the microwave set off electrical discharge (I really want to say exploded...), and I have no idea why. I read through the thread and didn't find any solution to it (and tried awesome googling but alas, nothing), does anyone have any suggestions?

It's a fresh install with 1.3 English patch. I deleted the previous save files too.

Btw, this is like a tech help thread than anything else xDDD I'm glad since I need help and need to avoid spoilers like a plague. >>;

EDIT: I reinstalled it and repatched it, and it worked.  ;D Strange strange game.

megs

For encoding/decoding of the videos,not is a problem,i know make,but the file .ngs is as the .npa,is a archive.Whitout the program,i can't open this file  :-\

The video files are standard MPEG files, just rename .NGS to .MPG.

MartyMc.Fly

I know,about 2 days ago, I knew going in attempts.
Thanks anyway. Now i'm ready for traslate this vn in italian  ;)

Geckoey Lurker

MartyMc.Fly

Good luck with your project.
Thanks for the support  ;)

Akai Shuichi

A friend of mine's been having problems running the game, and I honestly don't know why (it runs perfectly for me).

He does have japanese locale, he installed the game outside Program Files and ran the Autopatch.bat with Full Installation.

So far, so good, but when he tries to run the game (through STEINGSGATE-patched.exe) the game just doesn't react. Like he never tried running it. Does not give an error and doesn't run... simply put: nothing happens.

He tried reinstalling, and even restarting the computer, but nothing. He does have some other VNs installed and they run smoothly.

Oh, and he's got Win7.

Hope somebody can help.

MartyMc.Fly

One question,how to use the file sgphonepatch.exe? :-\

MartyMc.Fly

One question,how to use the file sgphonepatch.exe? :-\
Sorry,i don't have see the blog of the american team,is alredy write this.

Geckoey Lurker

No problem. Rather simple anyway, edit the phone.txt to your will and starts sgphonepatch.exe, wait and done. The patched executable to use is STEINSGATE-patched.exe

MartyMc.Fly

No problem. Rather simple anyway, edit the phone.txt to your will and starts sgphonepatch.exe, wait and done. The patched executable to use is STEINSGATE-patched.exe
How many hours of play want before get to use that text?
is just to check and see if it works

Geckoey Lurker

Not sure I'm following you here. o.0

You don't have the phone.txt file or something? That file isn't generated by the game, it's actually right inside the game's executable. .. it should be included in the tools I uploaded though?

There is no restrictions to test or time-limit and see if the text work or anything. Also, the very first phone text appears around the beginning of the game so you can test stuff with just that one.

Still not sure I understood what you asked though.