News:

Remember folks Kureha One hops IPs every 72hrs so try clearing your DNS if you can't find the page.

Main Menu

[VN] Steins;Gate

Started by Ivan, September 16, 2011, 04:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geckoey Lurker

Okay, I can't even edit my posts. Loading page take way too long.

Anyway, it seems I've completely forgotten how to make any CRC or MD5 Files, any clue ? I can't even search through Google, it search in a neverending loop...
If I remember right, last time I had to code something in C++ for the CRC.. but that was quite some time ago.. x__x

And oh my, that's quite the useful discovery there.

Edit : Okay, since I cannot do any search anywhere;
I am taking the risk, my upload seemed to be the same as usual so here goes nothing :

Automated English Patch V.1.0---
Temporary Direct Download (.7z)

Blanchimont

It seems you can view even the Japanese exes somewhat if viewed in WinMerge.

...The patch ones seem to contain an awful lot of texts, a snippet from .english (extracted from v05 .exe, copied from np++);
[spoiler]name is Kiryuu Moeka.
I'm a 20 year old
freelancer. I believe I
mentioned I worked part
time at a editorial
company. Sorry for
suddenly taking your
picture. I didn't do it
out of ill will. I
needed some shots of
Akihabara Town scenery
for the editorial
company, and
indiscriminately took a
picture without any
particular target. Since
the whole satellite
thing happened, it
actually was my ulterior
motive to scoop out the
right angle to shoot
it, though (lmao). By
the way, that picture I
took was just a test,
not the final shot.[/spoiler]
Familiar?...Before that there's looong stretch of English as well. Unfortunately that's spammed with NUL tags, and somehow that seems to prevent any easy copying of the text...

Edit; Checksums?

I use CyoHash, which integrates into the right-click menu, to quickly find any checksum of a file.

FileVerifier++ for creating md5, sfv, etc checksum lists
(These tasks can be easily done manually, a .sfv is simply a list of filenames followed with corresponding crc, an .md5 a list of md5 hashes with corresponding filename after each)

Anime Checker for easy batch crc checking of anime files.

Edit2; The download doesn't work. Download finishes at 5MB, 6MB, 13M, 6MB again... Both in firefox and IE. Previous patches  from MF seem to download fine.

pgbp

I appreciate what you've been doing to Steins;Gate,just like how Blachimont did to Chaos;Head.By the way,do you have plans for future updates on your Chaos;Head patch or you think you did everything you could?

Geckoey Lurker

My pleasure, pgbp. In honesty though, I mostly started doing this out of curiosity.

Internet finally gave up on me for a few hours, but it's now back to normal.

And it really doesn't work ? I easily downloaded it 3 times in a row, incredibly fast here.
Well, I will try out those tools, thanks. My inexperience is not being really useful.

Will upload up on MF after.
(By the way, I just noticed, 7z give a list of CRC at the right when you open the archive with it)

Blanchimont

I appreciate what you've been doing to Steins;Gate,just like how Blachimont did to Chaos;Head.By the way,do you have plans for future updates on your Chaos;Head patch or you think you did everything you could?
Well, the current ones work, LHv2 patch, and out-of-the-box version on nyaa. LHv3 disappeared along with the MU links, when I'll reupload it there'll be a few enhancements so, v4. Some possible issues still if one isn't installing on a clean install left...
I´d recommend the out-of-the-box version, it's based on v3  and the patch-only is half the size of it because of how large the underwear patch is...
Can't do anything about the untranslated Tips though.

Geckoey Lurker

Alright, V.1.0 is uploading to Mediafire.
I made a .md5 which I put inside the archive as well, should I also put it to download by itself?

Anyway, pretty much everything is done, but I'll keep working on it from time to time. I will also probably update the .bat into a better version someday, if you take a look at Blanchi's LH and at mine, it's quite different and there isn't any check, options or uninstaller. I'll be working on that, and also looking for those black bars. Oh, and there is one image in the Cosplay Patch to edit. Also a few grammatical and typos to hunt down, there isn't many though.

Automated English Patch V.1.0--
Mediafire

An unexpected & interresting offer got dropped in my mailbox a bit earlier..

Mana

Gelus

So I just installed the game and put the Auto Patch folder in the Steins;Gates root folder and ran the .bat file, but some files are saying Access Denied and when its done I run the Steins;Gates-patched.exe in the translation folder but none of the tips, achievements, or menus are translated. Is there something im doing wrong or what?

edgelessdiamond

did you run it with administrator rights.
I'd right click and choose open with administrator might help if your on vista or 7... :D

Gelus

did you run it with administrator rights.
I'd right click and choose open with administrator might help if your on vista or 7... :D

Just tried that and it says "System Cannot Find Path Specified" and then starts to copy all the files from my System 32 Folder

Akai Shuichi

I'm having no major problems running the game. The prologue at least is translated, text is translated so far and, even though I haven't played much, it's been going pretty good.

My only problem now is that, just like Gelus, my menu, and basically every "Extra" thing is untranslated, also, if I try to select Tips in the Extra menu, the game crashes.

Is all of this normal, or is there a solution for some of these problems?

Thanks in advance for the help, and most importantly, thanks for your hard work.

EDIT: Ok, forget this. Blanchimont pretty much already anwsered me on vn.shourai

Blanchimont

I'm having no major problems running the game. The prologue at least is translated, text is translated so far and, even though I haven't played much, it's been going pretty good.

My only problem now is that, just like Gelus, my menu, and basically every "Extra" thing is untranslated, also, if I try to select Tips in the Extra menu, the game crashes.

Thanks in advance for the help, and most importantly, thanks for your hard work.
Haven't tested the new yet.
But you could try these first;
-Delete your save files if you had any from an older patch (on win7 you can find them in Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Nitroplus\STEINS;GATE, delete the STEINS;GATE folder)
(unfortunately the game mechanics are such that it saves 'too much' (dialog, tips...) so loading old saves with newer patch will likely cause conflicts..)
--Make a clean install OUTSIDE Program Files (x86) and then run the patch. Win7 has a habit of throwing permission errors if S;G is installed in default location...
...If the above doesn't work, try this; http://www.mediafire.com/?xdh4r598id81kck (nss.npa). It´s from mewtube´s 11/7 patch and shouldn't cause errors, though it'll have some older scripts; After clean install of S;G and running the latest patch, replace the nss.npa in the main game folder with this. Currently I'm working with it to find out what makes it tick...

Gelus

Haven't tested the new yet.
But you could try these first;
-Delete your save files if you had any from an older patch (on win7 you can find them in Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Nitroplus\STEINS;GATE, delete the STEINS;GATE folder)
(unfortunately the game mechanics are such that it saves 'too much' (dialog, tips...) so loading old saves with newer patch will likely cause conflicts..)
--Make a clean install OUTSIDE Program Files (x86) and then run the patch. Win7 has a habit of throwing permission errors if S;G is installed in default location...
...If the above doesn't work, try this; http://www.mediafire.com/?xdh4r598id81kck (nss.npa). It´s from mewtube´s 11/7 patch and shouldn't cause errors, though it'll have some older scripts; After clean install of S;G and running the latest patch, replace the nss.npa in the main game folder with this. Currently I'm working with it to find out what makes it tick...

Installing it somewhere other than Program Files (x86) actually fixed my problems. Thanks

Geckoey Lurker

I think I might be on the too lucky side to test out my stuff.  :-\

Fadeout

Automated English Patch V.1.0--
Mediafire

Uhm, this doesn't seem even remotely the latest scripts that were released by Blick. They do not even used the ruby text, for example when the Steins;Gate word is first introduced.

So why to put together these patches you're using older version of the scripts?

I think this file has the latest nss.npa:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jj269t3akrae68s

Can't we get the two compiled instead of having half-updated patches?