News:

Official forum emails are from kouduki_sinon@yahoo.com.tw, but please don't send emails there, mostly likely you won't get a reply.

Main Menu

[VN] Steins;Gate

Started by Ivan, September 16, 2011, 04:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blanchimont

I did try out nipa2 earlier, with the cosplay patch elements, decompiling and recompiling...

...took a little time to find where I had placed the sgtools set (nifty set to edit the files, created by Nagato1, see below) but here goes;

First decompile the nss.npa, bat;
@echo off

nipa2 -x nss.npa

pause

You should see there are two of each of the extracted files in the nss folder, a .nsb and a .map

Now, you could go edit the .nsbs directly(sg00_01 onwards contains the dialog), but it really only makes sense if you open it in WordPad, and still messy, as you already saw. Here is where sgtools come in, extract it to a folder;

^It does contain a readme, but here's a simple example to understand the basics;

-Copy sg00_01.nsb, sg00_01.map, nsbcreate.exe and nsbparse.exe into an empty folder and create the following .bat;
@echo off

nsbparse sg00_01.map sg00_01.nsb sg00_01.scr sg00_01.txt

pause

^will produce two files, a .txt and a .scr*

Now, view the .txt instead. See how it differs from the .nsb? A LOT easier to edit...

*(note, do not accidentally run the .scr as screensaver, if you want to view it in notepad, change the .scr to something else first...)

To recompile them back, change the .bat to this;
@echo off

nsbcreate sg00_01.scr sg00_01.txt new_sg00_01.map new_sg00_01.nsb

pause

Edit; @kirby2096 That's a common error, I don't think Tips works for anyone. Might the TL group caused an error somewhere in the .nss (contains dialog and code), like a duplicate character, or a deleted one, in the code when transferring/replacing the script. Or it might be something else...

Geckoey Lurker

That set is gonna help a lots, no point in reinventing the wheel. Though curious how it work.

Thanks for it, I'll try it and see what I can find out.

As for the tips, they arn't translated so no point in bothering with them, unless you understand Japanese. I'll look out for that as well anyway.

Note : I tried using the (1.20) Japanese nss.npa instead of the English one, the loading crashes seem to be gone (unless I got lucky at the wrong moments), hell, it seem to load faster. My guess is the errors are in the scripts after all, most-likely with the spaces. As for the tips, it kept crashing nonetheless.

Also, I do not recognize the programming language that the files are written in, so I cannot read it which is quite a problem if I plan on trying to fix this. Translating it is something, debugging it is a different story.

kirby2096

I'm sure the TIPS have been translated but they were not included with the latest script available on the S;G project blog.

The S;G iOS English patch has them translated and can be accessed without crashing, so you might want to look at that and if possible try to port it into the PC version.
http://tsuuun.blogspot.com is the where you can find the iOS translation project.

Geckoey Lurker

Actually, Steins;Gate Translation is done, and so are the images. The TL was at the point of reediting everything since he underestimated the power of editing.. but yeah, didn't release them.

I'll try to see if I can do anything to port that, I can't promise anything though. :S
Also, I might edit the top-left box so at least you know who is calling and when you get a mail.

Blanchimont

I played around with the game a bit, and actually, the source of the crash with Tips seems to be related to the STEINSGATE-patched.exe...

Looked around few of my folders for SG images(yes, got several from various sources...), and found this alternative .exe bundled with one of them;
... Does seem to let you access the Tips menu, even after fully patched (,so far at least, I've only played it a little, I´ll test more tomorrow once I've slept...)
A few quirks though, like when quitting the game...

It's from this torrent originally;

Geckoey Lurker

This is actually where I originally downloaded Steins;Gate, but I never tried out the crack, thus I couldn't try the original .exe. Well, this is what I thought at first, but the problem is I have not even the slightly clue on how to edit a .exe. I did a bit of research, but couldn't find anything worth mentioning.

Also, if we can get the tips to work, then I could try to translate the tips, the iOS TL's Version will be useful for that, and I can try to translate those who arn't translated yet, though I only know my Kanas and have yet start on the Kanji.

Note ; Callbox half-translated and edited.

Sample :
[spoiler][/spoiler]
I used a really simple font for it though, and it might not match as much. If anyone know what font the real TL used, please do tell.

Also, I am gonna be translating Kurisu to Assistant, as it literally is written "助手" which mean Assistant.

Kaisos Erranon

I'm sure the TIPS have been translated but they were not included with the latest script available on the S;G project blog.

Also, if we can get the tips to work, then I could try to translate the tips, the iOS TL's Version will be useful for that, and I can try to translate those who arn't translated yet, though I only know my Kanas and have yet start on the Kanji.

Just registered to say this, but as far as I know the files that were uploaded on the translator's site for several months contain fully translated TIPS.

http://www.mediafire.com/?lmm47ob3r07bzjc

I know the filename is weird but this is the last version of everything he uploaded, all there. If you guys could create some kind of full patch I and a lot of other people would be really grateful to you.

Geckoey Lurker

That is.. I don't know where you found this, but thanks, this is definitely gonna help a lots.
I searched the tl's site for a while, but the only things I found were unfinished, odd. I'm really out of luck as a searcher.

Anyway, I'm gonna work on this right away.

Edit : Good News, Thanks to Kaisos Erranon, now pretty much *almost* everything is translated AND fixed. I didn't encounter any loading crash (only a short test though)and the tips are now properly working, also pretty much all the CGs are edited as well. The only con is that the tips appear to only be partially translated. The tips in themselves are all translated, but their titles are not. Also, the achievements are sadly not translated either, the pops-up are translated but not its section.

On another side, I now feel lazy since I didn't have to do anything.

Edit : Bad News, while the new .exe seems to make the Tips now viable, it though add a whole new RunTime Error, it only happened once so far, but I fear for it. (It only happens when I answer to Moeka's E-mail infront of Kurisu, thus she get mad)

Edit : Nevermind that, the .exe seems to be unrelated. It still nonetheless did it even with the old .exe. Tips are safe. The nss.npa is infact the cause, I'll try to get only the tips changed and still keep the same files for the rest. Got it.

Another Edit : Be damned, another bug keep appearing after the previous one is dealt with. This time, the game crash soon after getting in contact with Titor. I've ran 8 tests to see the bug reproduce itself. 5 of them being from the same saves, and 3 of them from starting a whole new game. It only happened once, which was on the first test. I don't know if I did anything without noticing, or if it was just bad luck on the first run or the rest of them, but.. I'm gonna take this as viable. I still have to do a full-test going from start through all the endings to see if there is any "important" bugs, but I'll take the risk and upload it as it is for now. (I'm gonna look if I can't get the tips's titles off the iOS's version)

Note to anyone coming here from Antheon's Post on his website.
There is a better version in the original post of this thread. Go check there instead!

Automated 1.20 Update and Unedited English Patch V.0.5---
Mediafire (7z)
(This 7z contains 1.20 Patch, Hard-subtitled Movies, Unedited English Tl.* and most CGs Edited)
*Maybe I can consider this pretty much edited by now?

Automated 1.20 Update, Unedited English Patch + Cosplay Patch V.0.5---
Part 1- Part 2
(This 7z contains 1.20 Patch, Hard-subtitled Movies, Unedited English Tl., most CGs Edited and the Cosplay Addon)

Kaisos Erranon

I'm really glad you could make use of those. Thank you so much for what you're doing.

Blanchimont

Tried to use NotePad++ to work with the nss files to make quicker work, but... ...it doesn't display Japanese characters correctly in ANSI, and the other encodings mess the filesize and very much doubt they work... Back to Edit/Notepad...

So, want me to work with the nss files? Copy-pasting, error checking, testing? Just so I know we don't do double work accidentally.

Geckoey Lurker

I got the files to work in Notepad++ by going into "UTF-8 without Biom" encoding and "Charset > Japanese > Shift-JS".

And go ahead, I didn't get anything done since the V.0.5 because I went to sleep right after, so can get started from there.
I'm gonna be looking into the Tips files first.

Blanchimont

I got the files to work in Notepad++ by going into "UTF-8 without Biom" encoding and "Charset > Japanese > Shift-JS".
Did you check the size? sg00_01.txt original is 46kb, saved as above through notepad++ it becomes 59kb.

...However your suggestion seems to be on the right track; Make sure you start a new empty notepad++ file in ANSI, and then ONLY do "Charset > Japanese > Shift-JS". <= will display the text correctly AND output filesize will be 46kb.

^downside is there's no option in settings to make "Charset > Japanese > Shift-JS" in ANSI default, thus every time one has to create a new empty notepad++ file, enable it manually,  and copy-paste the contents to it from the nss-files...

Geckoey Lurker

I'm gonna have to pay more intentions to the details, I didn't notice that at all.

And as for ANSI, I mainly use UTF-8 so I didn't notice. :S- wait, that's weird, it work even with ANSI for me.

Oh and,
It seems all the data, but the scripts, of the iOS's Version is stored in two .plist files, opening in notepad++ or notepad was a total mess, but a quick search on Google saved the day. To read those two files, download this and open them with it. (CTRL+F "TIPSData" for the tips, and the achievements are the very top)

It seems that the achievements are also completely translated, and I think those will involve mainly images editing.

Edit : Actually, I think those .plist are actually XML files, so maybe reading them in a xml viewer will also do the trick.

I can't find the strings for the tips' titles and the achievements anywhere. Still searching.

Blanchimont

Preliminary look on sg00_01.txt, before going line-by-line, gives that it differs only in one aspect; (nss 1.20 vs TL 1.00)
823 <RUBY text="まきせ">牧瀬</RUBY><RUBY text="くりす">紅莉栖</RUBY>だ。
824 It's Makise Kurisu.

823 <RUBY text="まきせ">牧瀬</RUBY><RUBY text="くりす">紅莉栖</RUBY>だ。
825 会ったことはないが顔は知っている。

At that line the translation skips an empty line so following lines will be one out-of-sync. Also if I'm not mistaken the first line is also untranslated...

About the RUBY tags, what do they do? (color, Tips words?). All of them have been omitted in the translation (except the above line). And if I were to use those tags, how to know which English words they correspond to?

Geckoey Lurker

If translated, the ruby line is simply :

823 I am <RUBY text="Makise">Makise</RUBY><RUBY text="Kurisu">Kurisu</RUBY>.
824 It's Makise Kurisu.

The text parameters are Kurisu's names in Hiragana, and the one between the RUBY Tags are the Kanji used for her name.

If I am right.. those tags are actually for furigana. It input the kana pronunciations of the kanji above it, we can pretty much ignore them since they are of no use for us. But if it is really needed, you can try to PM me any untranslated lines you find, I can try to translate them. Might take a while if there is a lots of kanji though.