News:

Remember folks Kureha One hops IPs every 72hrs so try clearing your DNS if you can't find the page.

Main Menu

demonbane english version

Started by michelous, September 20, 2010, 11:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mana

JAST has announced all the changes that were made.

Localization Notes

Graphics

In the process of coordinating the graphic localization of the game with Nitroplus, they expressed concern over releasing the game with the erotic content uncensored given potential issues with the domestic industry in Japan. We reached a compromise that allowed the images to be present uncensored in our localized version, complete with a revision pass to the artwork to ensure consistent quality of the uncensored images. In return, Nitroplus required that the following disclaimer be present on the sexually explicit CG within the game:

Click on the image for a better representation of the proportional effect it has on a typical in-game shot. Other than this watermark, no images have been changed or removed from the original Japanese release of the game.

Text

The majority of the English translation was produced by the TLwiki Demonbane team (fully credited as part of the game's credit roll), with supplementary translation of some scenes provided by various JAST USA and other staff. The TLwiki translation was fully vetted by Nitroplus, and has not been altered from the content of the original Japanese. Note that the original game contains a few references to censorship made for humorous purposes; these are not edits or removals made by us, for example:

Minor edits for quality and consistency have been made throughout the game, and a patch to further correct minor text errors and bring a few passages in line with the quality of the rest of the game may be forthcoming synchronized with the game's release.

It's nice to see a change of pace in their PR department after the backlash that they had to deal with after Kazokei's release, with them showing what has been changed, avoiding censorship, talking about the translation and DRM, and even admitting that it will eventually need to be patched. Let's hope that it becomes the norm.

Yossarian762

Jeez, now I've really got a full plate for March what with Koihime, Demonbane, and Guilty coming out, all of which I intend to pick up.

mahou

Nice to see the changes to demonbane are reasonable and we get to know about it before hand.

Jeez, now I've really got a full plate for March what with Koihime, Demonbane, and Guilty coming out, all of which I intend to pick up.

If you play normal games as well. March is a bloody crazy month.

sazabi

KM and Guilty, MG are releasing two titles for March?

Mana

And it seems that Modern Warfare 3 will be officially announced next week. I know that it has a lot of haters due to the multiplayer, but I only play FPS in single player modes, and it'll be fun to hunt down Makarov.

Yossarian762

KM and Guilty, MG are releasing two titles for March?

Well, technically KM is Feb 28 but who cares.

Also seeing Shogun: Total War coming out March 15 is so agonizing because I need to upgrade my computer to play it..

mahou

And it seems that Modern Warfare 3 will be officially announced next week. I know that it has a lot of haters due to the multiplayer, but I only play FPS in single player modes, and it'll be fun to hunt down Makarov.

Yeh same, only play the single player stuff. Good thing is I can just borrow it from a friend too and don't have to fork out the ridiculous price activision prices it at. Also have a Jtagged xbox so that's pretty useful heh.

Yossarian762

I gave up on Call of Duty after 4. It didn't get bad or anything, it just feels like the series hasn't really evolved since the first Call of Duty - like the same exact game just with different skins. Oh and they added regenerating health at some point. And I like the single player too but it's so short it isn't worth new game prices.

Mana

I've only played both Modern Warfare games, so I didn't notice that much of a difference. As for the health regeneration, blame the new wave of FPS gamers who are too used to Halo holding their hands to be able to play entire levels without running out of health.

mahou

I still prefer the classic FPS anyway which don't require the whole 'iron sight' targeting. Looking forward to Duke Nukem Forever and Deus Ex. Which will have completely different play styles. Classic FPS and stat-based/tactical.

Mana

I'm also waiting for Duke Nukem Forever, but I've never played any of the Deus Ex. Are they worth it?

mahou

Deus Ex first game was pure awesomeness. Somewhat dated graphics now, but great game. Pretty much the first RPG/FPS game around and fantastic branching story. Only problem is the shooting is level based, therefore you're gonna suck ass aiming with all weapons until you get some points into them. Other than that though, definitely worth playing if you can get over how old it is now. As for Deus Ex invisible war I enjoyed it, but it paled in comparison to the original, simply b/c it was turned into a generic FPS.

Green_Tea

Deus Ex first game was pure awesomeness. Somewhat dated graphics now, but great game. Pretty much the first RPG/FPS game around and fantastic branching story. Only problem is the shooting is level based, therefore you're gonna suck ass aiming with all weapons until you get some points into them. Other than that though, definitely worth playing if you can get over how old it is now. As for Deus Ex invisible war I enjoyed it, but it paled in comparison to the original, simply b/c it was turned into a generic FPS.

Yeah. It's good, but for some reason i can't run it anymore. Cbf fixing it.

Mana

As long as it doesn't cause me motion sickness, like everything else that was released before 2000, I'm fine with it. It's the reason why I can't play Half-Life 2 for more than 15 minutes.

mahou

Don't know you'll have to try it. It shouldn't though, it's not super old school like wolfenstein 3d and it's not overly fast paced like HL.