News:

Although Kureha One is an international community, posts should be made in English. JP/CN/KR is only tolerated for topics where the original media was in JP/CN/KR.
Posting in other languages will result in account termination with extreme prejudice without notice.

Main Menu

VN fan translation sites

Started by blakraven66, May 19, 2010, 07:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blakraven66

Is it just me or are VN fan translation sites getting pulled?

I can't seem to access a lot of VN sites today namely: amaterasu translations, dakkodango translations, tlwiki, novelnews.net, mirrormoon(granted they're dead.)

Coincidence that they're all having problems? Or am I for some reason getting blocked from these sites?

Kureha

Where do you live?
I know Minori got pissed off a bit back. They or some other company might have done something.

That said, I don't think it's just you as I can't access them either.
[url="https://ko-fi.com/chi_chan"]
[/url]

blakraven66

Seeing as these are fan translation sites, they would be blocking Japanese IP. I'm not in Japan though...

I don't think Minori or other VN companies could've made these sites just disappear without prior notice since they'd more likely be sending C&D letters than hack a site so maybe a server problem...but 5 sites at the same time...damn...

Yossarian762

Well, I'm in America and can access all the sites linked and they seem intact to me  :P

blakraven66

Well, I'm in America and can access all the sites linked and they seem intact to me  :P
You just had good timing :P , it seems to really have been a server problem of some sort since I can access them now.

But seriously, how could I not get suspicious/alarmed when 5 VN related sites I visit suddenly became inaccessible? Especially in a time when VN companies are cracking down on fan translations.  ::)