News:

Although Kureha One is an international community, posts should be made in English. JP/CN/KR is only tolerated for topics where the original media was in JP/CN/KR.
Posting in other languages will result in account termination with extreme prejudice without notice.

Main Menu

[VN] Steins;Gate

Started by Ivan, September 16, 2011, 04:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poxitron

I'm here again. Today I made another font, and now I have two, one is the original which is bigger and blurrier, and the new one is a bit smaller and sharper.
Here is a comparation of the two fonts in gif:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

I prefer the new font, and probably is the one we're going to use for the spanish translation.

Geckoey Lurker

Ooh, I thought about doing something similar but I've been busy.
If you don't mind sharing, then please, do so. Do agree the new one looks much better too.

On the other hand, any news about the problem I last posted? I haven't gotten near anything like a solution so far.

megs

That improvement looks pretty damn good. Just make sure to full screen test it at a higher resolution before settling on it thou. I say that because the text becomes "scrunched" when full screened, or at least does on my 1920x1080 monitor.

poxitron

@Geckoey Lurker
I don't have any of the problems you mention, at least with the new font. Try the new one to see what happens.
New font: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?8zi5ie7yjc4g99d

I forgot to mention, but this new font has another name internally, so now it doesn't replaces the original MS Gothic and MS Mincho fonts. Their names are MS-Gothic-Mod, MS-PGothic-Mod, MS-Mincho-Mod.

@megs
This is a screenshot I take. My monitor is 17" 4:3, an with a max resolution of 1280x1024, and the images is blurrier. The max size of the images of the game is 1024x576, so think what you will get if the game runs at 1920x1080. We can't do anything about that.

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc383/poxitron/Varios/STEINSGATE-patched2012-04-2118-18-39-97.png

Geckoey Lurker

Thanks for the font. I had indeed changed the internal names of mines as well (diff. being MS Gothic FR and else)

I might be on a lead about my problem.. if it is what I think then, I won't have to bother with it (which is a good thing)
Wasn't it sadly. The new font doesn't fix the problem either, you guys really don't get the problem though?.. I should try it out on a few other PCs and see how often it happens then.. something might be wrong with my system/fonts/something.

poxitron

I completely forgot to mention one thing very very important. This new font have a different character map. Instaed of unsing full width japanese characters (that was the problem I have with the first font I made), uses half width characters.

This is the new table:
ヲ á [FF66]
ァ é [FF67]
ィ í [FF68]
ゥ ó [FF69]
ェ ú [FF6a]
ォ ü [FF6b]

ャ Á [FF6c]
ュ É [FF6d]
ョ Í [FF6e]
ッ Ó [FF6f]
ー Ú [FF70]
ア Ü [FF71]

イ ñ [FF72]
ウ Ñ [FF73]

エ ¿ [FF74]
オ ¡ [FF75]

MartyMc.Fly

I completely forgot to mention one thing very very important. This new font have a different character map. Instaed of unsing full width japanese characters (that was the problem I have with the first font I made), uses half width characters.

This is the new table:
ヲ á [FF66]
ァ é [FF67]
ィ í [FF68]
ゥ ó [FF69]
ェ ú [FF6a]
ォ ü [FF6b]

ャ Á [FF6c]
ュ É [FF6d]
ョ Í [FF6e]
ッ Ó [FF6f]
ー Ú [FF70]
ア Ü [FF71]

イ ñ [FF72]
ウ Ñ [FF73]

エ ¿ [FF74]
オ ¡ [FF75]
Thanks for this new font. Unfortunately, in my language, some accents are on the contrary, for example à,ò

Geckoey Lurker

Simply edit them, that's what I did and I had to add some accents myself so. That tip for half-width chars is gonna be useful, thanks.

MartyMc.Fly

Simply edit them, that's what I did and I had to add some accents myself so. That tip for half-width chars is gonna be useful, thanks.
Which editor font do you recommend?

poxitron

I use FontForge is Open Source and you only need to copy and paste the glyphs, and then generate the font.

Download it from this web http://www.mpetroff.net/software/fontforge-windows/. Is the most stable port I've found and is the one I use.

megs

@poxitron
No, the issue I'm talking about has nothing to do with the aspect ratio. Also, it turns out, has nothing to do with being windowed or full screened either. It simply has to do with the letter position & spacing in the font they used. Here, look at the letters underlined.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

poxitron

@megs
I've edited the font and I've moved the r to the left, and in grouped looks good but in the other words doesn't look so good.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

If I use the font in windows (photoshop, etc.) I don't have that problem, so I think the problem is how the game engine uses the font, and I can't do anything about this.

MartyMc.Fly

@megs
I've edited the font and I've moved the r to the left, and in grouped looks good but in the other words doesn't look so good.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

If I use the font in windows (photoshop, etc.) I don't have that problem, so I think the problem is how the game engine uses the font, and I can't do anything about this.
Maybe the only way is to change font  :-\

PS: poxitron,do you use msn or skype? or any social network?

poxitron

@MartyMc.Fly
Only Skype.

I've found a web where explains how to change the character encoding in the exe, but I can't read chinese and I don't know anything of reverse engineering :(

This is the web: http://bl4nk.blogcn.com/2011/07/steinsgate-ch/

Geckoey Lurker

I have minimal knowledge in ASM, I'll try taking a look and make sense out of the images and few things that I can somewhat read. Nice found anyhow, hopefully someone can translate it for us or figure it out. Might need to find someone who can properly make use of Assembly Language though.