News:

Remember folks Kureha One hops IPs every 72hrs so try clearing your DNS if you can't find the page.

Main Menu

[VN] Steins;Gate

Started by Ivan, September 16, 2011, 04:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geckoey Lurker

Because I am no native japanese, nor do I know the language that well just yet and that the translation was far from being my focus while I was working on the patch, and without forgetting I am lazy. Still, only the Tips's titles should be untranslated.

poxitron

But how i change the font? I have found on the file system.npa,but after change the font,on the game not happening nothing.

Hi everyone.

I'm working in the spanish translation and I think I can help you MartyMc.Fly.

[spoiler]The fonts used by the game are:
MS Gothic -> MS ゴシック
MS PGothic -> MS Pゴシック
MS Mincho -> MS 明朝

And you can find it in this files:
extra_achievements.scr
extra_clearlist.scr
extra_soundlib.scr
extra_tips.scr
function.scr
function_select.scr
function_steinsgate.scr     
sys_backlog.scr
sys_config.scr
sys_save_function.scr
System.ini (inside the system.npa)

For the accents of the font we found a workaround, edit the font (ttf) and replace some japanese glyph, install the font, and then replace the characters of the game text.

This is the character map we made:
世 á [4E16]
一 é [4E00]
上 í [4E0A]
三 ó [4E09]
下 ú [4E0B]
七 ü [4E03]

且 Á [4E14]
中 É [4E2D]
京 Í [4EAC]
万 Ó [4E07]
亰 Ú [4EB0]
予 Ü [4E88]

二 ñ [4E8C]
五 Ñ [4E94]

人 ¿ [4EBA]
代 ¡ [4EE3]

An example:
Original text -> "Oye, ¿qué estás murmurando?"
After replace the characters -> "Oye, 人qu一 est世s murmurando?"

And this works like a charm, except for the mails. I don't know why, but it seems there's a space after the accented characters.
Oh, I forgot to mention one thing. I don't know why but the font for the mails cant be changed, it always use the MS PGothic.[/spoiler]

P.D. Sorry for my english, I'm the corrector of the project, not the translator.

MartyMc.Fly

Only 2 question:
1)  how can I extract the file .ttc from file .scr?

2) Can you give me the your file .ttc edited?

Thanks.

Geckoey Lurker

I know you're not asking me, but you can find the fonts like this :

>Start
>Configuration Panel
>Personalization and Appearances
>Fonts

There you have them, all that is left to do is to edit them as you wish with a font editor or something similar.

Also, thanks, poxitron, this is gonna be useful to other translators and myself.

MartyMc.Fly

I know you're not asking me, but you can find the fonts like this :

>Start
>Configuration Panel
>Personalization and Appearances
>Fonts

There you have them, all that is left to do is to edit them as you wish with a font editor or something similar.

Also, thanks, poxitron, this is gonna be useful to other translators and myself.
I have made a epic fail!
I know where is the fonts on windows,but i thought there was also the font file into one of the vn.

Sorry the misunderstandings

poxitron

Only 2 question:
1)  how can I extract the file .ttc from file .scr?
2) Can you give me the your file .ttc edited?

Thanks.

1. You need the TTSDK. Download it from here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?vus2qkcwyp36hzd
2. Of course. This is the latest version I made: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?33h10e6y1fc7213

To extract the ttc you need to use Breakttc.exe, and to create it use the makettc.exe (Only works on 32-bits OS  :()

If you want to take a look at our .npa files, you can go to our website and download it.
http://www.gateofsteiner.tk/

P.D. I forgot to mention that the first line of the phone.txt have the MS Pゴシック text, but I think you already know it.

MartyMc.Fly

Thanks for all.
For now,my pc is 64bit, I should check my old PC if it's the 32bit.

The program Breakttc.exe is to use the cmd of windows?

Geckoey Lurker

About the 32-bit and 64-bit problem. You can just use DOSBox or something similar and it'll work.

As a proof, here's a picture.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Again, thanks, poxitron.. I never figured out how to edit those TTC.

MartyMc.Fly

I'm confused.
I open with DOSBox the folder TTSDK,i copy the font edited by poxitron on this folder,go the comand "BREAKTTC msgothic.ttc",the program create the files: FONT00.TTF,FONT01.TTF,FONT02.TTF
And after this? For example.the file "extra_archievements.scr",what should I do to put the fonts in?

poxitron

You don't have to put the fonts in the game.

The game uses the fonts installed in Windows. In the file "extra_archievements.scr" there are references to the fonts used in this menu, so the game read this references, and load this fonts from Windows.

The "BREAKTTC" is used to extract the fonts from the .ttc, then you must edit these fonts with a font editor to add the accents, and finally you must pack this modified fonts with "MAKETTC" and install it in Windows.

MartyMc.Fly

So I have to simply install the ttc that I have given you, right?

Geckoey Lurker

Simply editing the TTC File didn't seems to work here, so what I did is I used the 3 extracted fonts from msgothic.ttc and I named them "MS Gothic FR" (FONT 00), "MS PGothic FR" (FONT 01), "MS UI Gothic FR" (FONT 02) (for msgothic.ttc), and "MS Mincho FR" (FONT 00) and "MS PMincho FR" (FONT 01) (for msmincho.ttc) and I replaced the corresponding font names in the nss.npa and system.npa. (e.g. MS ゴシック to MS Gothic FR or MS Pゴシック to MS PGothic FR) Its working perfectly this way. (Obviously, you gotta change the font's name not just the file's name)

Thanks again, poxitron. I'll be getting busier from now on.

poxitron

So I have to simply install the ttc that I have given you, right?

Yes, install my font in Windows. Edit the sg00_01.txt (the prologue), and in the first line write something with accents, and then replace accents with their corresponding japanese characters of the table I posted before. Compile and play the game.

If all gone right, you must see the accents.

Simply editing the TTC File didn't seems to work here, so what I did is I used the 3 extracted fonts from msgothic.ttc and I named them "MS Gothic FR" (FONT 00), "MS PGothic FR" (FONT 01), "MS Micho FR" (FONT 02) and I replaced the corresponding font names in the nss.npa and system.npa. (e.g. MS ゴシック to MS Gothic FR or MS Pゴシック to MS PGothic FR) Its working perfectly this way.

Thanks again, poxitron. I'll be getting busier from now on.

The only font I could not change is the one of the emails text. Maybe the code is in the exe.

Geckoey Lurker

The only font I could not change is the one of the emails text. Maybe the code is in the exe.

I'm pretty sure it is, but the only link that I have is the very first line of the phone.txt :
"<02137380> MSPゴシック" I don't have direct access to what is inside the executable sadly. :/ (or well, don't know how)

I'm also suspecting the tips pop-up text to be somewhere in the .exe.

poxitron

The only problem I have withe fonts is the space after the acented characters.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Yesterday I edited the font to try one thing and the space disappeared, but I don't remember what I did  :'(