News:

Official forum emails are from kouduki_sinon@yahoo.com.tw, but please don't send emails there, mostly likely you won't get a reply.

Main Menu

[VN] Steins;Gate

Started by Ivan, September 16, 2011, 04:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geckoey Lurker

@megs
Thanks, I'll see what I can do for this.. had a feeling I had completely forget to check something.

@aarduil
Can't do for that one, though I'll try to track it down.. problematic since I can't reproduce it, but if anyone have any clues; suggests!

Also, I think someone had encountered a similar issue earlier which if I remember right had passed by spamming the enter key to skip all the freezing parts.

@SyRenity
It can be used for both, but it's mainly an EXTREMELY minor fix for 1.3.
Nonetheless should be usable to upgrade from 1.x to 1.3

megs

Also, I think someone had encountered a similar issue earlier which if I remember right had passed by spamming the enter key to skip all the freezing parts.

That was me and also at a different point. [See "typo48.jpg" for my button spamming error point.] The point he's talking about I experienced no issues. So I'm going to say everything should be fine and that earlier patch problem was resolved.

Thanks, I'll see what I can do for this.. had a feeling I had completely forget to check something.

No prob, just trying to do my part to make a better final patch.  ;D
Just make sure you take note on the other errors I caught on the last page too. I'd hate to see the true end ones slip past you after I replayed it.

aarduil

@aarduil
Can't do for that one, though I'll try to track it down.. problematic since I can't reproduce it, but if anyone have any clues; suggests!

If this helps at all:
1) I did a clean install on my desktop pc, which runs Win7,
2) and copied over my saves from the laptop, which runs WinXP.

I was able to finish the game.
Both systems run under "Japanese Region". The only differences are the power of the machines (far better hardware on my desktop pc) and the operating system. I have sincere doubts it's a hardware issue, because scenes of similar "complexity" graphics-wise (or even greater) have not caused any problems in previous chapters of the game. The game freezes on a simple screen slide. That's nothing hard for the laptop hardware, I think.

So maybe it's WinXP related?

torappu

I was able to finish the game.
Both systems run under "Japanese Region". The only differences are the power of the machines (far better hardware on my desktop pc) and the operating system. I have sincere doubts it's a hardware issue, because scenes of similar "complexity" graphics-wise (or even greater) have not caused any problems in previous chapters of the game. The game freezes on a simple screen slide. That's nothing hard for the laptop hardware, I think.

So maybe it's WinXP related?

I'd like to think that a hardware issue is definitively not the problem, that'd be surprising. You can surely also run games that require more RAM like I can, Steins;Gate didn't seem to require such high specs. My laptop properly ran the game until the same crash you've had.
Only common points with you that might be related to the problem
1. I'm also running WinXP (using Japanese Region and nothing like AppLocale/w.e)
2. I get the error on a laptop (don't have a desktop PC to verify if my version might be slightly outdated and unfix'd or if it's something else).

I'm using the version from the first post (properly installed, autopatch v1.3, and the fix). The game crashed around 4~5 times otherwise in 30 hours which was mainly related to going to the TIPS window too frequently at once, and the fact this laptop doesn't get much rest might also have been the reason. But these are unrelated to the end of true end crash which aarduil also had.

And on a curious note, the main reason I like getting every ending is that you usually get a new start menu/screen + song when you finish properly the VN (in most cases you don't even need 100% CG, simply all routes completed), and this is when I decide I've done enough with a VN. Do you get something like this with Steins;Gate completed? If not, it won't matter as much (getting this fixed) since I had already seen the anime (wanted to see how Ruka's and Kurisu's non-true ends with the VN) last year.

Hope the laptop/winXP thing might be a lead.

NanayaEmiya

Hello Guys! I'm here again to ask for your help! (Chikara wo kashite kure! :-[)

http://i42.tinypic.com/wpkr7.jpg
> I've completed all of the CG except for this last one. (I had read somewhere in this thread that he/she had the same problem and thought that the underlying problem was probably the "cannot" unread Lotto6 mail.) Can anyone tell me how to solve this case?

http://i41.tinypic.com/2n0sy21.jpg
> Silly of me but I ran out of patience trying out several new games, tons of load games, and multiple different mail combinations. So far, the mail Rukako sent to me was only contains 3 froggy wallpapers. Now where could be the 4th one, Watson?

@Geckoey Lurker, I'm aware that megs posted a pic showing some untranslated music titles and corrected it. And, I thought the same thing should be also done in the movie library where all titles are untranslated.
http://i41.tinypic.com/28qa3a.jpg
"...So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works!"

aarduil

And on a curious note, the main reason I like getting every ending is that you usually get a new start menu/screen + song when you finish properly the VN

You get a new opening cinematic for sure, I was just about to hum "Sky Clad Observer" when an alternative song kicked in and I was like "uh?"

Geckoey Lurker

@aarduil & torappu
There is a possibility it's OS-related, if not WinXP-only related. Problem is, with my current knowledge and skills I couldn't do much if so, will see if I can't do anything for it though.

@NanayaEmiya
There is 5 Froggy Wallpapers actually. ^^'
As for how to get them.. I do not know, I remember having them after fully going through everything, but no idea when or how.
がんばって!

And no idea for the last CG, I never found it either.

I'll see what I can do for the movie library as well. The titles seems fairly easy to translate, but I'll need help if there are more complex ones. (I only took a glance at the picture for the moment)

megs

@NanayaEmiya
There is 5 Froggy Wallpapers actually. ^^'
As for how to get them.. I do not know, I remember having them after fully going through everything, but no idea when or how.
がんばって!

And no idea for the last CG, I never found it either.

I'll see what I can do for the movie library as well. The titles seems fairly easy to translate, but I'll need help if there are more complex ones. (I only took a glance at the picture for the moment)

I believe this is the missing CG scene, http://i40.tinypic.com/2hnt6ox.jpg I was not able to unlock it either. I think it is related to the Lotto Six email. From the 100% unlock walkthrough, "Loto 6 Mail: Do not check the loto 6 mail". Which is a strange part of the 100% unlock walkthrough, as the game never gives me an option to not open the Lotto Six email. So I think there is snippet of coding messed up at that scene.

Aside from that I was able to unlock the extras from saves A, B & D. Save C would not unlock the last extra... So there might be an error in the code there too.
100% unlock walkthrough guide (save extras are untranslated, use link at bottom of guide and gtrans): http://ibm5100.net/steinswiki/2011/10/22/steinsgate-walkthrough-all-endings-100-cg-achievements/

EDIT:

If this helps at all:
1) I did a clean install on my desktop pc, which runs Win7,
2) and copied over my saves from the laptop, which runs WinXP.

Your laptop saves were from a previous v1.3 install, correct?
Also when I played it, I played in on WinXP using Applocale with no issues.

Anyone with true end crashing at the "reunion scene", I'd like you to try my saves. I would like to see if the issue still happens with my true end saves. http://depositfiles.com/files/ujv1s2jwx

NanayaEmiya

@Geckoey Lurker
wakarimasu, dewa "Perseverance: Zenkai!"

I believe this is the missing CG scene, http://i40.tinypic.com/2hnt6ox.jpg I was not able to unlock it either. I think it is related to the Lotto Six email. From the 100% unlock walkthrough, "Loto 6 Mail: Do not check the loto 6 mail". Which is a strange part of the 100% unlock walkthrough, as the game never gives me an option to not open the Lotto Six email. So I think there is snippet of coding messed up at that scene.
Has anyone tried to play the translated game in the previous versions of S;G (v1.0 or v1.1). I think its something about the S;G v1.2 patch that does not allow us not to read the Lotto 6 mail or something... ???

Aside from that I was able to unlock the extras from saves A, B & D. Save C would not unlock the last extra... So there might be an error in the code there too.
100% unlock walkthrough guide (save extras are untranslated, use link at bottom of guide and gtrans): http://ibm5100.net/steinswiki/2011/10/22/steinsgate-walkthrough-all-endings-100-cg-achievements/
I also did followed the 100% walkthrough, but i believe its either inaccurate or its accurate only if you played the old versions of S;G. In one instance, @ Kurisu's route, Chapter 8, mail: "Kurisu: Unpopular Girl" it says there that the action is none [ - ]. So I followed not to read it but then, i didn't got the other mails of Kurisu in chapter 9 like "Kurisu: Contact me, Idiot" and ... so I ended up having Mayuri's Ending. :o
And also, what is the purpose of the Saves A, B, C, and D? I have the save data of them but what will they do or what will they unlock?
"...So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works!"

Fadeout

Does this "minor fix" includes all the stuff reported or it's the one still a few weeks old?

Geckoey Lurker

It is still the one a few weeks old. I'll probably release another one once I get my PC fixed.

As for the Loto 6 mail thing, it isn't my fault, that I can say with assurance because you couldn't do so even by using the old scripts (before the patch even existed. Can anyone confirm this is actually possible in the original JP version by the way? I know it shows up on the japanese walkthrough as well, but that's as far as I know.

megs

I also did followed the 100% walkthrough, but i believe its either inaccurate or its accurate only if you played the old versions of S;G. In one instance, @ Kurisu's route, Chapter 8, mail: "Kurisu: Unpopular Girl" it says there that the action is none [ - ]. So I followed not to read it but then, i didn't got the other mails of Kurisu in chapter 9 like "Kurisu: Contact me, Idiot" and ... so I ended up having Mayuri's Ending. :o
And also, what is the purpose of the Saves A, B, C, and D? I have the save data of them but what will they do or what will they unlock?

I'm fairly certian that the dash " - " simply means not to reply to an event or an event you cannot reply to and has nothing to do with not reading them. Or at least that is how interpreted it and got to all endings fine.

The A, B, C & D are quick save points to unlock additional extras without repeating most of the game. At the bottom of the guide there's a link that says source, it takes you to an untranslated guide and with google translate, enough of it can be figured out to at least unlock the extras for A, B & D or at least I was able to.

Blanchimont

Curious about something... This patch is expected to be used with v1.00 of S;G, but would it differ if one tried to apply it to the v1.20 version?
Probably not as the exe and nss.npa would be switched in either case.

Noticed the S;G disc I have is marked 1.20 ((Nitro The Best! series)...

(edit; oops, forgot 'not' after 'Probably', which didn't exactly hit the mark...)

megs

That should not matter because the 1.20 update [contained in the auto-patch] simply overwrites 3 preexisting files. After which the auto-patch again overwrites the nas.npa file, this time with the english scripted version. And does everything else left too.

ZMemme

on that part when he is reading the john titors posts i need to scroll down but i only have a touchpad
my pc is Toshiba A300
if anyone knows how to scroll down please say  ;D ;D ;D