News:

Official forum emails are from kouduki_sinon@yahoo.com.tw, but please don't send emails there, mostly likely you won't get a reply.

Main Menu

[VN] Steins;Gate

Started by Ivan, September 16, 2011, 04:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blanchimont

^
I think that('tell them') is correct. I can't find any absolute proof, but I have seen persons addressed in that manner elsewhere. And I just have a gut feeling it... ...feels right. Think of it as a more formal way of addressing someone.
The clearest I could find to illustrate this was a question asked on Yahoo;
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081227222128AAGCi5I (well, he claims to be a teacher...)

^ @HurpDurd She's referring to amateurs in general (most likely) so 's' should stay...

@megs Yes, changing the graphics slightly for the text-boxes would solve a lot of issues ...Unfortunately we don't have a 'Nagato' with us :-\
Hell, if it wasn't for him and his tools, there wouldn't BE any 'us'. Or any SGVNTP to build upon for that matter I think...
(Nagato, 'Supah Hackah' of the original SGVNTP team)

megs

@megs Yes, changing the graphics slightly for the text-boxes would solve a lot of issues ...Unfortunately we don't have a 'Nagato' with us :-\
Hell, if it wasn't for him and his tools, there wouldn't BE any 'us'. Or any SGVNTP to build upon for that matter I think...
(Nagato, 'Supah Hackah' of the original SGVNTP team)

For this one you should not need Nagato. Just someone with some Photoshop skills. This should be the right file, the bottom just needs to be extended enough to accommodate another row of text and after incorporated into the auto-patcher & tested to assure that it still lines up correctly.  http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/5555/box01.png Unfortunately I have no Photoshop skills.

Blanchimont

If it's only graphic, it might work. ...depending on how the image is locked into place by the code. If the text is directly associated with the image, it will work. If not and coordinates for the image are underneath, text-area will grow upwards instead. And if the coordinates are in the middle the area both up and down will grow, which will look awkward for the first line...

HurpDurp

Editing that is a bit difficult. There are random numbers written on it that may mean something and also the image needs to be translucent. You can't tell it there, but if I embed the image like so you kind of can see the background color:

Anyway, here's a copy and paste of an earlier section adding it on to the bottom. It looks like shit, but there's nothing I can do about that because this exceeds my knowledge of how Photoshop works.

Alternatively you could resize it, but then the pixel count wouldn't fit it with the rest of the stuff around it. (It'd be like 1.5 pixels for every 1 pixel or something, not to mention it'd look bad because of the resize)

Your best bet is probably remaking the image from scratch but I don't want to do that :(

But yeah, Nagato (a hacker) wouldn't be able to fix this problem (otherwise he would have done it already, ya know?). Also, the image is seemingly static as I compared it with a couple in this thread in screenshots and they're all the same size.

Edit: Looks like editing the image works partially. Someone would also have to figure out how to adjust the layout to load the extended image (it only displays up to the amount the original image has).

megs

damn, I just gave it a try and it's no good. the only way it would work is with coding edits. apparently the voice box does not merely act as an overlay.  :-[
http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/106046

Mana

And if you get rid of the transparency?

megs

That won't make a difference, it's a floating picture. The picture frame is just too small. Which is why the extended bottom gets cut off.

r3r0123

What is the problem exactly? Does the game just crash when Daru's phone show up on the screen?
Actually, it's kinda confusing, can you try to be a bit more clear as to when and what happen? Hell, just the text before the problem shows up would help.

Also you could try deleting your saves if you had an earlier english version of the game which would can cause corruptions. Good thing is that you're not that far into the story yet so it's not that big of a lose if you do that.

it crashed  after daru show okabe the message , at the dialogue " interesting " of kurisu , after that the screen sudden go black and show a message " steins;gate encounter a problem and need to close . the game auto-quit after clicking "don't send "

the save i use wasn't from a previous version of the patch , and it 's the first time i have played the game .

Geckoey Lurker

About the phone dialogue box, you can change the image all you want, it won't change a thing as the code read where the image is within the images pack by pixels coordination, in the end the bottom would simply be cut since the game won't count in the extra part. Well, I havn't had the time to try out but that's my guess. Kinda confusing. In short, it's pretty much what megs said above.. would need to find a way to hack through the game code and change the size manually. :-\

@r3r0123 ..That is weird, I have never encountered that one.. and it should be working just fine.. I.. am completely clueless, any idea anyone? @-@;

(Thanks again for reports by the way)

@HurpDurp, whenever you want; there is no rush.

HurpDurp

And if you get rid of the transparency?

It'll just make the image look less like shit (but still shitty) because it'll just be filled with white. (Open that above image in a new tab to see what it would look like without transparency).

But as Geckoey and Megs said, it wouldn't help with the problem of displaying the image fully.

r3r0123

anyone know where the saves are located in xp ?... im trying to delete the old save game and see if it 's gonna fix the problems...

edit : found out the saves 's location , but after replaying a bit , it still crashed at the same point ... wonder what did i do wrong here . maybe i will try the unedited version ... sigh

Mana

I noticed that, but it will be better than nothing until someone, that is able to fix it, volunteers to do it.

Blanchimont

box01.png appears in 2 files of interest, rest are dialog files that can be dismissed. Those two are  macrosys2.scr and function.scr..
However even those two can be dismissed as they only seem to call the file or something, and not setting values for it.

Digging deeper, I found this piece of code in another file, sys_config.scr;
CALL 13 7
<00> CFG_TEXT_SYSTEM
<01> 1020
<02> 214
<03> 495
<04> auto
<05> auto
<06> $str_system

Closest I could find though 214 ain't 154... Anyone care to test it?

Geckoey Lurker

I'm gonna try playing around with that once I can get on my main computer, in a few hours probably, I probably should've put the files on a usb key or something so I could test on here too.
Anyone else got around to test it yet?

Thanks for that btw, I didn't think about looking for this :o

Edit : Starting to try that out.. oh and I can take care of editing the image if needed.

Edit 2 : Negatory, this seems to be for something else, don't know what though.. probably something in the configuration menu since it's the config. scr.

Edit 3 : 98% of the reported typos and bugs have been fixed, a few of them are left including too lengthy tips (pages) and too small phone calls bubbles. Also, anyone know what that "netouyo" thing was in english? I never got around to find the time to check that one out..

megs

MORE TYPOS
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/9292/typo44.jpg
http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/3246/typo45.jpg

Also True Ending needs to be combed over. After the scene where xxxxx stabs xxxxx everything goes white and it appears to freeze. I had to hit enter a couple times, then it skipped forward, requiring me to look at the backlog to see what was actually said for a few blocks. I assume this is the moment where previously the game would crash on other patches.

In True Ending I also had 3 instances where the block of text 'jumped' immediately to the next line of text. Sorry, I did not catch them in time to capture the screen and did not feel like reloading my save, then dredging through everything just get to that point again.