News:

Remember folks Kureha One hops IPs every 72hrs so try clearing your DNS if you can't find the page.

Main Menu

[VN] Steins;Gate

Started by Ivan, September 16, 2011, 04:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyMc.Fly

Many thanks poxitron and Geckoey Lurker for helping me.

After,i test if everything works.

Geckoey Lurker

@poxitron
I might have figured it out, I don't know if your Font Editor have the same option though, but make sure there is no "extra space" around your character after editing it. Here, let me get some screenshots. Take a look at the pink and green lines.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

@MartyMc.Fly
No problem, I'm mostly helping myself at the same time so, why not share.

poxitron

@Geckoey Lurker
The font doesn't have extra space, look:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

I found the Tips text iside the exe, besides some references to the fonts.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

We need someone that can extract this text to the phone.txt in order to edit it.

MartyMc.Fly

Looking the exe there are 2 parts where you recognize the font:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

poxitron

I have a little present for you guys, the Tips text translated with the hexadecimal editor  ;D

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Geckoey Lurker

Nice! But,
The method of how would be interesting to know, if you don't mind sharing.

I'm probably doing something wrong here since the .exe keeps reverting to its original state after saving it.

Also note that the achievements font is MS Gothic and that the width for the characters in this one is fixed for all of them as the same.

poxitron

I haven't made anything special, but here is the step by step if someone want do it:

1. Open the exe with MadEdit. (Or another hexadecimal editor with Shift-JIS support)
2. Find the text "Tips".
3. Click at the first character of the text and start writing.
4. To erase the remaining japanese characters, click at the hexadecimal part that correspond with the first japanese character and write 00 00.
5. Save the file.

Nothing more.

But be careful, if you apply the sgphonepatch.exe, the text will be reverted to japanese.

Geckoey Lurker

Can't you just edit the prepatch executable then? To be tested, I guess.

And thanks once again.

poxitron

You were right, if I edit the STEINSGATE-prepatch.exe and then apply the sgphonepatch.exe, the text remains translated  :D

Thanks for the sugestion  ;)

Geckoey Lurker

I'm having lenght problems, or I'm doing something wrong with the Hex Editor.. or both.
I take it we're limited to the size of the original text?

poxitron

I don't have any length problem in spanish, nor in english. You can write the english text without the dot at the end of the line.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

This is the exe translated to english, if you want to take a look at the line: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?s1sg8lck89rwdz6

Geckoey Lurker

I'm fine actually, but once I exceed the original lenght of the japanes characters and begin writing over another part, then kaput.

It's working fine now and I managed to cut a sentence short. (Sounds better anyway, woo)

poxitron

That's the problem with the hexadecimal edition, you're limited to the lenght of the original text.

Geckoey Lurker

If I remember right from a old hex editing class I took.. there is supposed to be a changeable number somewhere to change said lenght of text. Will see if I can't find that, not that I need it anymore, but hey.

Also, I've got a .. very strange bug. Font problem I believe :
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
The text does that a few times, then stay like that for a while (mostly after and before seeing Kurisu's.. body). Also most of the time when using RUBY Script (Furigana). I think it's using MS Mincho at this point, any idea why its doing this? or am I having special delusions again? Could be I had encoding problems too, will check that up.

The problem seems to in the fonts afterall, mines in that case. I must've done something wrong. I'll remake 'em.. for now, >sleep

Fantasia

Hi is it possible for a reupload to mediafire please?