News:

Official forum emails are from kouduki_sinon@yahoo.com.tw, but please don't send emails there, mostly likely you won't get a reply.

Main Menu

Boohoo, everyone has to answer to all my whims or I will throw a fit

Started by poiso, September 28, 2011, 05:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poiso

Am I the only one who thinks that OP's obvious money fishing by only providing fileserve and filesonic links and updating first post with some info while completely ignoring a well-seeded torrent linked in the middle of the first page to be exceptionally lame?

Green_Tea

1) Not everyone uses torrent links.

2) He's entitled to do what he wants with his post. The mods can always modify it.

3) He spent his precious time to upload this game.

4) You're probably not the only one but none of your opinions matter.

Well, that's the gist of it. Whether the OP has read everyone else's post ITT, whether the mods were going to do it but forgot, missed it, it hasn't happened and that's no reason to accuse someone of not updated their post with other people's link. Of course you could have just PM'd a mod, or even just asked whether it's a good idea to put it up, but instead you chose to attack another person's integrity.

And that, is low.

EDIT: Oh, by the by, you shouldn't take this too personally. I'm just practising my English and typing quickly on my keyboard. The keys are spaced so far apart. Geez.

laplacian

I'm always wondering, why are people so bitchy about earning a few cents of your uploads ? Not like it's personally harming you and you, the downloader, still get what you want for free ...

haxbbq

Simple really, because 99% of the links provided require you to pay to be able download without ripping your hairs out of your head, well at least for me.

poiso

I'm always wondering, why are people so bitchy about earning a few cents of your uploads ? Not like it's personally harming you and you, the downloader, still get what you want for free ...

To be specific, "people are bitchy" because services that allow the highest earnings are extremely downloader-hostile, with long wait times, multiple confirmation clicks to get download going and retarded captchas that tend to be unreadable in a decent amount of cases. Essentially they earn the money by wasting a shitload of your time, or making you pay their "few cents" plus site's own share from your pocket via registration. Not to mention terrible download speeds, which matter a lot on multi-gigabyte download.

In this context, I could fairly say that the few cents he's making are the few cents I'm losing on electricity bills.

Whereas sites like megaupload feature non of the above and are also typically several times to several orders of magnitude faster to both download the file and UPLOAD the file to them.

P.S. I would personally make an exception for cases when uploader=person who actually worked on translation. In this case, I would accept jumping through hoops as a way to offset his work.

On the other hand, reposting someone else's work to the "pay me much for downloads" sites and linking in hope of making money is going too far imho.

saihamaru

use JDownloader, it will only ask for captcha... no multiple confirmation clicks or whatever, simply copy the link and wait for JD to process it
[Signature removed because it was outdated]

poiso

use JDownloader, it will only ask for captcha... no multiple confirmation clicks or whatever, simply copy the link and wait for JD to process it

It doesn't fix 30 minutes downtime between files, horrible download speeds, having to wait for captcha to show up for every file, etc.
In fact, if you use JDownloader, you would be the most vocal opponent of both fileserve and filesonic, and most vocal proponent of megaupload, as you can easily set links to download and leave till it's done in latter.
You can't in former. You have to babysit them.

saihamaru

it's still a lot easier than having to click through numerous links just to get the download link, no?
30 minutes downtime? just download something else while waiting for it
[Signature removed because it was outdated]

Mana

I usually do something else on the computer while waiting for the new captcha to pop-up through JDownloader.

Ivan

Lol, someone actually moved this discussion from steins;gate thread to separate thread?...

@topic:
Noone is preventing you from making any mirrors you want. I'm working with those two hosts, and if you don't like it then don't download.

Mana

I split the topics and Angelus moved it before I was even finished. He is fast!

And it's not that I don't mind with the off topic posts which compose half of the visual novel sections. I am to blame for a part of them, but this specific discussion was starting to get lengthy and it regards several uploads, not a specific one and it has reared it's head a couple of times, so I thought that it was time that there was a thread for people to understand why the leechers just have to deal with it and if they want to see their favorite host or tracker on the first post, they should do it instead of waiting for someone else to.

EDIT: I don't mind with torrent and upload requests to a different host, just don't complain about what is available.

sazabi

Kureha

[url="https://ko-fi.com/chi_chan"]
[/url]

sazabi

advantage of torrents is you dont need to keep an eye on them, unlike jdownloader, where you need to keep checking the links in case a captcha pops up

Green_Tea

I'm pretty sure between the uploaders at the site, we have p. much all the main uploading sites covered, so if anyone just asks, we can put it up for you.