News:

Official forum emails are from kouduki_sinon@yahoo.com.tw, but please don't send emails there, mostly likely you won't get a reply.

Main Menu

Games with Romaji ?

Started by SDragon, August 03, 2010, 06:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDragon

Another question.  I'm attempting to teach myself Japanese, but am finding that reading English text and hearing Japanese audio isn't helping much.  I think it's firstly because of the difference in sentence structure and secondly because sometimes the Japanese vowels and words are spoken so fast that I find it hard to know when a word finished and another one started. 

Or there seems to be multiple ways of saying the same thing, for instance 'What' or 'Why' seems to be heard as Nan-day, Nan-no, Nan-ne ?  Or maybe my hearing is bad.  :(

So I was wondering if anyone knows any games or anime that have translation done in Romaji that might help?  Would probably be ok with a Japanese learning program as well.

Thanks!

Kureha

Nan-ne is what nan-dae is why nan-no seems to be like desu or nipah and don't really have a meaning, I don't know japanese, but I think that is how it is.
[url="https://ko-fi.com/chi_chan"]
[/url]

Green_Tea

Rosetta Stone.

also it's Na ni, na n de, and nanno. And Kureha is correct.

inferno_flamex

... I don't know japanese, ...

You're... Kidding... Right? Kureha?... ...
Well its either that or you're using some awfully awesome translator thingie...

But yeah.. back to topic... I too am slowly steadily teaching myself japanese... at least vocally.

But the thing about 'learning Japanese with the help of VNs'... well i notice that at least when i try to get into a Japanese conversation with a friend of mine who's actually from Japan AND can speak english...

Well to quote him... he says...

"Dude. You DO realize that your manner of speaking is... a tad bit feminine... right?"

... and when I try to speak more 'musculine'... he goes...

"Oh now you're being too direct, maybe even overbearing... You sound like some jackass..."

Guess hearing only GIRLS speak in VNs is not really such a good idea... unless you're a soft spoken girl.. or at least a cute one.. >_>

Kureha

I'm not kidding, I don't know japanese, I know a few words, that's all. I prefer using watashi in place of boku, I wouldn't use atashi though.
[/url]

inferno_flamex

I'm not kidding, I don't know japanese, I know a few words, that's all. I prefer using watashi in place of boku, I wouldn't use atashi though.

... ... THEN HOW THE HELL DID YOU MAKE THOSE KUREHA ONE RELEASES!? X___X

Dont tell me those lines in the videos are still under your 'few words' worth of vocabulary?

You know? That.. True Blue.. or something.. XDDDD

//Edit: oh.. 'watashi' eh? >XDDDD
Well to be expected i guess... I tend to use 'ore' when I dont really pay attention to what im about to say and just 'go with the flow'... ahahahaa... Maybe 'boku' is not so bad.. Ahahaha

SDragon

Thanks Green_Tea, I'll give Rosetta Stone a try and work on my pronunciation.   :)  

inferno_flamex:
I'll probably encounter the same issue with the feminine aspect too.  Funny, when I asked a girl friend of mine who speaks Japanese, she said there wasn't really a large difference between when the sexes speak.  But I did hear previously that there was so I'm glad you brought it.

If you figure it out, please share with us!

Kureha

... ... THEN HOW THE HELL DID YOU MAKE THOSE KUREHA ONE RELEASES!? X___X

Dont tell me those lines in the videos are still under your 'few words' worth of vocabulary?

You know? That.. True Blue.. or something.. XDDDD

//Edit: oh.. 'watashi' eh? >XDDDD
Well to be expected i guess... I tend to use 'ore' when I dont really pay attention to what im about to say and just 'go with the flow'... ahahahaa... Maybe 'boku' is not so bad.. Ahahaha

Well, all you need to know is dame! and ikkuuuuuuu! Then you make up the rest. lol j/k

To tell you the truth, I had the script translated to a language that I understand and then translated them to english. I really don't know japanese.
It's the bane of my existence, I just can't memorise all the symbols, probably because I don't use them. While I do want to be fluent in japanese I can't see that happening soon.
[/url]

SDragon

Whoa!  Rosetta Stone is $539 for all three Levels.  Didn't think it'd be that expensive.  I guess the product cost speaks for itself though.

If I have money left over after visiting Japan next year, maybe I'll buy a copy   :(

Green_Tea

Don't bother. I didn't buy it.

I can only give direct download links though since that's what I use.

Anyone want?

SDragon

I'm getting Version 3 via Rapidshare, but I still may buy it.  I don't mind buying certain things that I can use repeatedly as well as share with friends and family.

Can't really do that with hentai as they'll just look at me weird.   ;D

inferno_flamex

Can't really do that with hentai as they'll just look at me weird.   ;D

HEHEHEH! I know what you mean...

Well.. Unless you have a friend that also owns that 'Hen-tie' shirt from Fakku!.. XDDDD

Ookami-sama

I've got a torrent for V3 that downloads pretty fast (for me anyway). It's in iso so be easy to burn to disc. Also came up with an audio companion for it to help practice away from the computer, I'll share those for whoever wants. The audio companion is ripped to mp3 you'll have to make your own CDs, but at least they're sorted by disc.

(hmm, wonder if I should put it in varied sharing)

EDIT:

Bahh, didn't realize the application installer wasn't included. Added a torrent link for one that I found to work, crack included.