News:

Official forum emails are from kouduki_sinon@yahoo.com.tw, but please don't send emails there, mostly likely you won't get a reply.

Main Menu

[VN] Steins;Gate

Started by Ivan, September 16, 2011, 04:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geckoey Lurker

That certainly would help since I haven't been as free lately.

Though honestly, it ain't that much work, all I have to do is skip everything.. I just haven't started at all. Provide a save if you want, I'm free at the moment so I'll start right away. Thinking about it, a save would be useful since this way you'll still have the same choices chosen.. unless you're using the walkthrough thing.

EDIT :

Here are your saves, Sindrase :
http://www.mediafire.com/?gz1vbd8vabfdr9b

And here's the video for the missed part :

Note :
This contain Saves 46 & 47, if you are aiming for Kurisu's route or the True Ending load through Save 47, otherwise use Save 46.
They're on page 6.

Sindrase

Thanks a lot for the saves and the video. You've really helped me out again :D
I guess I was too late to provide the save..

Ignus

I'm reaching the chapter 4 now and still couldn't get into it. Every time the plot start getting good the MC's delusional will put me out. He keeps rubbing me the wrong way, is he 6 yrs old or what?  :-\   It's always stopping me from taking the story and the plot seriously *shrug*   

Will he gets better in the latter chapter? I hope it gets better soon... before my patient runs out.....

Geckoey Lurker

Ignus, his "delusional" side actually have a purpose. He's naturally a coward, this side of him is simply his way of.. taking control and gain the courage to go through whatever is going on/gonna happens, it won't necessarily get "better" latter but situations will call for him to get serious.

Also, just throwing this out there, the author created Okabe with him being easy-to-hate in mind.

thatonedude21

I just downloaded the files from Mediafire on reply #448 and I'm getting an "unsupported compression method" when trying to extract the files using 7zip. Are one of the archives corrupted?

(These verifications are incredibly difficult)

Geckoey Lurker

I certainly hope not because I don't have the ISO and .7z files anymore. All I can say is make sure you have the latest version of 7-Zip as I usually use LZMA2 to Compress.

thatonedude21

It looks like my version was quite old - it was released back in 2008...I guess I had forgotten to update it all this time because I never had any extraction issues :P Oh well, I updated it and it extracted just fine. Thanks! I should have thought of that in the first place lol

Geckoey Lurker

No problem, and it's okay really, most people always think of the complicated reasons instead of the simple and stupid ones first :P

Anyway, good to know it ain't corrupted.

thatonedude21

I require your assistance once more. Well, it installed fine and everything, and I copied the crack over too. But, when I try to start the game...it doesn't. It just keeps going back to the Main Menu.
NVM, this doesn't have the patch installed. I'll download that and install it first.

Geckoey Lurker

Set your Regional Locale as Japanese (Japan) otherwise it'll always loop back to the Main Menu and you probably have a few missing images on the main menu.

If that doesn't fix it, then I don't know sadly.

Also make sure that you do this before installing the game AND patching the game.

Dannyboy12

I watch the anime steins gate it had me on the edge of my seat, now to here this game is out I couldn't wait to play it.
So I download everything on the first page and installed it in documents, I tried to play using the steins gate patched.
but i got a error saying:

The procedure entry point _libm_sse2_pow could not be located in the dynamic link libary libmmd.dll can someone help me
with this i would really like to try this is the only thing that's stopping me from upgrading my computer for windows 7 to windows 8 beta

Geckoey Lurker

Well, make sure you actually installed the game for one. Saying this due to a few people emailing me thinking the patch also installed the game and thus they had a lots of missing .dll files missing and blablabla, ended with a facepalm from themselves mostly.

Otherwise, try checking if you don't have a libmmd.dll in your system files for some reason and if so copy-paste it into Steins;Gate's Bin Folder, that might fix it. Odd thing is that I don't have said library in my computer at all, not even in hidden folders. All I know is that it's from Intel but I have absolutely no idea what its use is, maybe someone else knows. (After a bit of searching around, this is used for C/C++ Compiling with Intel's Compiler, I guess you can also just deletes it unless you're still programming or just not using this compiler anymore)

Another thing, though a bit annoying, to try is to uninstall Steins;Gate, rename "libmmd.dll" to "lbmmd_old.dll", Reboot, reinstall Steins;Gate, reboot and try launching it. You might want to rename it back after a while though, since this file is probably used by other programs.

I'm honestly not confident in those solutions, but that's all I can suggest. Good luck.

Dannyboy12

@Geckoey Lurker:I tried the advice you gave me it still didn't work, I don't know if it matters or not but my steins gate didn't come with the libmmd.dll file i had to download one manually from a dll file site. Now I wonder does that file actually come with steins gate, if so is it possible for someone to uploaded it. If not I will go ahead and install windows 8 beta and restart from scratch.

@Geckoey Lurker: Thanks for the help, It might not of work for me but may for someone else, I won't give up just yet thought.

Sindrase

@Geckoey Lurker- The game crashes again at the end of the true ending right after this: http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee429/Sindrase/Kurisu.jpg

When you have time could you make a save a couple of lines after this? The video is not necessary. You can just give me the text. Thanks again for the help so far. Much appreciated.

P.S. I've attached a save for the part where the crash occurs. It's save 58 and I think it's located on page 8.

Geckoey Lurker

Here is the save : http://www.mediafire.com/?nk8cnynycq6j00a
Page 8 too. Save 59.

And here's the text as requested :
[spoiler]Slowly, she finally turns her head towards me--

There she was.

She, who should have gone back to America.

She, who was merely my acquaintance.

Kurisu "I finally met you."

That voice.

That face.

That hair.

Those eyes.

Makise Kurisu was there, the same as ever.

Kurisu "I've been looking for you all this time."

Kurisu "Ever since you saved back then, always--"

Kurisu "I wanted to say at least one word of gratitude."

Kurisu "I wanted to meet you, no matter what."

Kurisu "Thank you, from the bottom of my heart."

Kurisu "...It's good that you're safe."

Moved to tears, Kurisu's figure was radiant.

After being sealed for so long, her loveliness overflows all at once.

I too, was so happy I wanted to cry.

To hide my embarrassment, I put my phone to my right ear.

Okabe "It's me. Why is she here? Even though my 'Reading Steiner' didn't activate--"[/spoiler]