News:

Remember folks Kureha One hops IPs every 72hrs so try clearing your DNS if you can't find the page.

Main Menu

Our lack of a Userbase

Started by Green_Tea, November 15, 2011, 01:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green_Tea

Might as well make a thread of it since it's easier to look at.

So it's a worry, or a problem, or at the very least a topic of discussion that we don't actually have that many active users. Various reason as to why have been suggested, ranging from lack of topics to lack of wider interest in participation.

Since we probably have nothing better to do, and it might be better to do it in an orderly manner I would say that we should

a) Make a list of all the reasons we think there are not enough active users.
[spoiler]answers go here[/spoiler]
b) Compile a list of answers/solutions to those reasons.
c) Implement them one by one to try
   i. and figure out which problem it was
   ii. and to increase activity on the forum.

Mana

Green_Tea

THAT'S IT! A TAX AND A JAIL!

Mana's genius astounds me. It's almost American.

Mana

Don't insult Mein Kaiser's idea of being impartial to everyone or you will have a talk with the b&hammer.

Kureha

I don't think taxes would work here.
[url="https://ko-fi.com/chi_chan"]
[/url]

Mana

If you force users to take surveys each time they want to post, create thread or download an attachment, we will have our taxes. And that will also reach any power that mods have, like moving threads or baning an user.

Kureha

That would just quickly kill any hope of an active userbase.
[url="https://ko-fi.com/chi_chan"]
[/url]

Mana

But we would have front seats for a complete train wreck.

Green_Tea

A tax for the mods would be welcome. Then they can't go about threatening the current active userbase with that hammer. D=

Geckoey Lurker

I don't mind a jail, but a tax I utterly refuse unless I am not affected.
Well, if that happens I don't mind having those front seats.

Anyhow, there can be many, many reasons for the lack of active members.

Being a forum centering on H-Content mostly at the moment might be a reason, especially the fact that it's more on the downloads side of it and less of discussion. Also, the reason that we might have many registered members could be due to the need to register for most torrents and while this does brings in members, they're still leechers for the most part and unless we get them to become active somehow, nothing will come from them.

Again, the numbers of discussion and posts in the Adult board have such a big gap with the other boards. This just proves the focus on H-Content, but since no one really begin many topics out of them it doesn't help much and I'm sure I'm not the only one that is really hesitant on starting new topics or even just posting and if just this could be fixed, it really will improves the chances of attracting more active members in. Also, events, contests and the such will get more in as well, I don't really know what kind but they will, probably. Maybe even just a topic that ask the member's honest opinion on such VN, game, news or etc might helps. Hell, you could even open up a spam section, I'm sure a lots of people would gladly spam there though that will surely bring up more work for the mods.

Everything I typed down is obvious and maybe I am wrong but that's how I see things. (Though it seems confusing after reading it myself)
In simple, only problem is to become "more active ourselves" in an effort to attracts more members.
And almost all of us current active members seems to be almost literally lurking the forum 24/7/365. (I am anyway)

I just noticed the time-gap between me and you guys. It's currently 7:37 AM here.
Now.. I just woke up so I can't thinks too straight either so I'm gonna go do stuff until I completely wake up.

Mana

Those things are nice and all that, but the mods are broke to the point of being fortunate to have internet access and I mostly bother /jp/ and /v/ when I want to discuss about something.

If you didn't notice, I'm not the best person at taking initiative, which is why 99% of the ~170 topics that I started are just uploads, but you can count on me for following up with useless comments or to even derail the discussion.

laplacian

Indeed, Mana is the helpful fairy who keeps things running smoothly here!

Geckoey Lurker

Thinking about it, I don't remember seeing any other Mod than Mana.
Is there actually anyone else ?

As for me, the only times I take an initiative is for technical stuff, I'm not really a good conversation starter unless I'm completely fooling around.. but that's a different matter.

Mana

Indeed, Mana is the helpful fairy who keeps things running smoothly here!

Unfortunately, fairies are short lived, otherwise I would have liked the sound of that.

Thinking about it, I don't remember seeing any other Mod than Mana.
Is there actually anyone else ?

As for me, the only times I take an initiative is for technical stuff, I'm not really a good conversation starter unless I'm completely fooling around.. but that's a different matter.

Angelus is the other mod and our main uploader of original content.

Green_Tea

What about spare time? If someone has spare time, then there's an idea....

So basically, someone should post recent news and hot topics of discussion on appropriate boards. Whether they be on a popular game that's been released (skyrim or mw3) or something global (financial crisis) or something controversial (that little Chinese girl that was run over and no one helped her.)

News is always good for discussion.