News:

Official forum emails are from kouduki_sinon@yahoo.com.tw, but please don't send emails there, mostly likely you won't get a reply.

Main Menu

[PS2][RPG][VN][English] Ar tonelico ~Sekai no Owari de Utai Tsuzukeru Shoujo~

Started by Mana, October 20, 2010, 01:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yossarian762

I always kind of wanted to play this, and always kind of wanted to do PS2 emulation since I've got a fuckton of PS2 games but was too lazy. Thanks  ;D

NoSense

Just asking... Want some candy? *offers a bag full of candies to NoSense*

No, no.
Unfortunatetly I don't have that much of a sweet tooth, so I appreciate the gesture, but no thanks.
Do I see a club behind your back?
Please don't mind me. Most of the time I don't make much sense... and mostly I don't even try to.

davidlu9837

Finished dling game and emulator however I've never setup or used an emulator before and quick search couldn't turn up a tutorial on using PCsX2.  Wud some kind soul mind listing for me the steps I need to take install the game with emulator and where do I put the bios files in the emulator pack?

I'm running winVista with intel core2 which I assume is enough to run the game even if it's not real fast.

The graphics for this game look great so hope I can play it.

Thanks

Kureha

You'll also need a graphix card. Ram, and a PS2 BIOS. You can either load your own ps2 bios or find one online, there isn't really that much to setup anyway.

A Core2 will run PCsX2 better than a comparable AMD because of the extra SSE support, but it'll really depend on overall system specs.
[url="https://ko-fi.com/chi_chan"]
[/url]

Mana

I don't use a PS2 emulator, so I can't help you.

All the Drama CDs were added to the first post.

laplacian

Now if you would translate them, too ...

BJMC

For those who are unsure, PCSX2 recommended system requirements are:

Intel core 2 duo @ 3.2Ghz
(PCSX can only utilise 2 cores so more than that will not give any performance boost, though higher clock speeds will, AMD Phenoms run well but not Athlons)
8800gt or better (any non-integrated DirectX 10 compliant graphics card should suffice)
1GB ram for Linux/XP, 2GB for Vista and 7

PCSX2 will run poorly on all laptops even if they are designed for gaming.
Hope this helps.

Mana

Now if you would translate them, too ...

I lurked around, but I couldn't find complete translations for them. The only thing that's translated are 2/3 tracks of side.Aurica.

STARSBarry

For those who are unsure, PCSX2 recommended system requirements are:

Intel core 2 duo @ 3.2Ghz
(PCSX can only utilise 2 cores so more than that will not give any performance boost, though higher clock speeds will, AMD Phenoms run well but not Athlons)
8800gt or better (any non-integrated DirectX 10 compliant graphics card should suffice)
1GB ram for Linux/XP, 2GB for Vista and 7

PCSX2 will run poorly on all laptops even if they are designed for gaming.
Hope this helps.

out of intrest is there problems with DX10 cards? iv got twin 480GTX's which are direct X11 so im guessing id get even more if thats true

also FAIL got an i7 so im intel all the way ¬_¬ guy who makes this needs to work on the intel cores.... theres alot more of em out there than AMD's

Kureha

I've got a single 9800GTX+ superclocked 1gb and I can run it fine, although not as fast as I would like.
[/url]

Mana

also FAIL got an i7 so im intel all the way ¬_¬ guy who makes this needs to work on the intel cores.... theres alot more of em out there than AMD's

You surely speak without any knowledge of what you are talking about. PCSX2 has always worked better on Intel, until the Phenoms were released (SSE4 and all that), which means that people with AMD CPUs had to wait to have the same performance as those who have Intel, because the emulator was worked on for Intel CPUs. It doesn't mean in any way that they are pro-AMD or whatever.

Kureha

Phenom II doesn't support full SSE4.1 SSE4.2 only SSE4a which will have an impact.
[/url]

Mana

I know that i7 has further instructions, but in practical uses they still have to make any difference.

Assassinator

No idea what the hell you're talking about...  It works just fine on Intel cores.  And if you mean Intel CPUs have more cores than AMD, no they don't (it's just hyperthreading).

PCSX2 isn't going to get true multithreading support any time soon.  The current "multithreading" just splits the Emotion Engine off to 1 thread, and the Graphics Synthesizer to another.  True multithreading will require the rewriting of a significant portion of the code, which they can't be fucked doing right now.  And by the time that happens (if it ever does), you probably got a new faster CPU anyway.

invictus

I probably sound stupid but is there supposed to be boxes around the sprites faces... I don't think it's lined up right for me... or did I fail to set up the graphics plugin?

mmm... strange, the bug shows up a lot less with native resolution but still shows up... a bit annoying.